Harrogate Town | Vital Football

Harrogate Town

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
Congratulations Harrogate Town - deserved win over a good Notts County side (3-1 at Wembley today) and a fitting pinnacle for the documentary team which has been following them all season - think it might be a BT Sports documentary team and should be a good watch when it`s aired.

Ex-Gill Alex Lacey in the Notts County side.

Have done amazingly well! When Simon Weaver became player manager in 2009 in the Northern Premier League they had a season wage budget of £1,000.

Have done amazingly well! When Simon Weaver became player manager in 2009 in the Northern Premier League they had a season wage budget of £1,000.
Not the sort of town you would consider a new league club to come from. Bit like Winchester or Salisbury making the league. Still a extra possibly that I can take the wife if we ever play them. She has enjoyed a few weekend trips to the nicer places and doesn't mind if I go to the match while she has a look at the town or museum so something. Oxford and Portsmouth were popular trips in the last few years.Shrewsbury and Hereford we did years ago.We sort of did Swindon and will again but she goes to relatives in Wiltshire for the afternoon.

Harrogate? When I lived in Hull the locals said the women in Harrogate were all fur coats and no knickers.

But I'm told it has one of the best team shops in the UK.

Harrogate is a really nice place to visit, but if travelling by car you will be in a traffic jam for a large chunk of your time there ! I shall be in Harrogate tomorrow !

I guess they will have to rip their 3G up. Still not allowed in the league are they ?

Feel for Notts County though. What a huge stadium for non league

I guess they will have to rip their 3G up. Still not allowed in the league are they ?

Feel for Notts County though. What a huge stadium for non league

Absolutely right! The 3G has to go!

Did anyone know that the chairman of Harrogate is the managers father!
Simon the manager was already at the club before Irving took over as chairman!

Harrogate is a really nice place to visit, but if travelling by car you will be in a traffic jam for a large chunk of your time there ! I shall be in Harrogate tomorrow !
Took my driving test in Harrogate. Travelled all the way to Harrogate despite living and learning in central Leeds. Chose it specifically as its full of old people driving at 20mph, the complete opposite of central Leeds which is probably the most mental place ive ever driven in the uk. For the record, Florence was the only place worse. Now thats mental.

Passed first time with 4 minors.

Harrogate's one of the poshest area's in Yorkshire. Lot's of expensive antiques shops and million pound plus houses. Assume the football ground's not in that bit!

Harrogate's one of the poshest area's in Yorkshire. Lot's of expensive antiques shops and million pound plus houses. Assume the football ground's not in that bit!

Football ground is along Wetherby Road near the hospital - still in a nice area, but not much room there for expansion. Would be a nice away trip.