The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

There are a lot of myths floating around regarding Carvalho.

The first one regarding him having CL experience is not true; he played for the Benfica first team on 7 occasions all of which were league games.

The biggest one is the amount we paid for him which, despite being reported in the media as 15m euro was officially reported by the club as a record but no fee was mentioned:

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2018/june/forest-agree-double-signing/

People tend to forget that Carvalho and Goncalves came as a pair; we purchased one and loaned the other with an agreement to buy if we wanted; Goncalves did have CL experience by the way.

I would guess that the 15m originally quoted was for both once the Goncalves deal was completed which did not happen; the reports in the Portuguese press at the time certainly read like that was the case.

There is certainly nothing in our accounts to indicate we paid anything like 13m for one player, not that it is easy to isolate one deal from all of the figures; however, deals of such a nature would usually be reported in the Directors notes, they are noticeable by their absence.

The only thing we can be absolutely certain of is that he cost more than 6m

There is something else which has not been reported over here; Benfica have a 25% sell on clause in the deal.
Is that profit?

How is his fee irrelevant?

Yes, we are a dog shit Championship club. Out of all of the clubs that played in last season's Championship, we have only been in the top flight more recently than 5 of them.

I think that pretty much classifies us as dog shit.

So, neither SL or EVERY other manager he's played under fancied him. I wonder why? You would think a 13m player with CL experience might come in handy for a dog shit Championship club.

Again that's bullshit, he was an integral part of AK's team...

Because he lacks the defensive discipline needed for our side to work, and because this manager does not like his attitude off the pitch
And this is why I blame SL. Forget measuring him by the standards he expects from Watson or Sow or Silva even. Measure him and motivate him to be the first pass option from these DM’s, and then measure and coach him on creating chances, assists, his vision, trying to unlock a defence. This is an absolute failing of the manager. If however, it transpires he’s an arsehole(never heard anything to back this up) that’s a different matter. But I highly doubt it
There are players who just don’t show it in training, but are match winners. We may have one here, but we don’t know do we? Diakhaby, Mighten, Yates, Brennen over Carv...?? Give me a fucking break

on a fantasy note, be great to get Howe 😂

I rated Carvalho despite his limitations but I can also understand why SL went a different way.

If both are still at the club next season and we manage to get some better players in then I wouldn’t be surprised if we started to see Carvalho getting a few games.

And this is why I blame SL. Forget measuring him by the standards he expects from Watson or Sow or Silva even. Measure him and motivate him to be the first pass option from these DM’s, and then measure and coach him on creating chances, assists, his vision, trying to unlock a defence. This is an absolute failing of the manager. If however, it transpires he’s an arsehole(never heard anything to back this up) that’s a different matter. But I highly doubt it
There are players who just don’t show it in training, but are match winners. We may have one here, but we don’t know do we? Diakhaby, Mighten, Yates, Brennen over Carv...?? Give me a fucking break

on a fantasy note, be great to get Howe 😂

How is Bobby, chap?

Sun saying that Southampton are after Cash as they want a right sider. But they are also looking at a player from Schalke so it will be down to prices.

Looks like Cash won't be going to the south coast then

What will Sabri Montanier do with the £12m? Sign more Semedo's, da Costa's, Bong's and Diakhaby's?

What will Sabri Montanier do with the £12m? Sign more Semedo's, da Costa's, Bong's and Diakhaby's?

Lamouchi's squad building does not end with those four players. When he's done with them he's got Jenkinson, Ribeiro, Silva...he's got a Samba, Sow....because he is his own...Mir