Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 159 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

Wont mention names but if you went to a certain dealership at Bromford Bridge in Bham you have had a lucky escape.
I had significant issues with my last 220d estate from there, and they mirror everything you have said and more.
The car was woeful and they new it and after I involved Mercedes head office in Milton Keynes and the Motor Ombudsman they cancelled the finance.
I must say I drove up to Mercedes at Stoke who were totally different, very proffesional and bought a second hand 220d AMG Line estate, 8000 on the clock and two years warranty remaining.
I have always said I would never drive an automatic but this has a nine speed auto box, is very economical, and when driven in sport plus is surrprisingly quicker than my Golf GTD.
love it.

No it wasn't said dealership.

Had the car been looking presentable inside would have bought it I reckon as outside it was immaculate. I forgot to mention yesterday that there was also a small piece of plastic trim from under the glove box broken off and left on the floor. Incredible.
Hey ho .Plenty more fish. .
And yes. Likewise going down auto route now. I think it's an age thing !

Had the car been looking presentable inside would have bought it I reckon as outside it was immaculate. I forgot to mention yesterday that there was also a small piece of plastic trim from under the glove box broken off and left on the floor. Incredible.
It may well be an age thing, but you wont regret it.

Sadly all the old man's cars now come almost all with Auto transmissions, Can't remember the last manual gearbox we fitted. Seriously you won't go wrong with an 8 speed ZF box

I can recommend Lexus Birmingham MD , and the cars don't break down like German ones :yes:

15 years of BMW's and not one breakdown!

(Shouldn't have said that really should I!)

But yes, Lexus would be the same, a luxury brand, so good treatment.

And yeah, sorry MD, forgot you weren't in this area, so no need to go to Solihull for a good BMW dealer I'm sure!

Oh just seen the (should have done a thread on this, good chat!) bit about automatics. The car before this, I had a 335... it was a beast (ate petrol and insurance money, so traded in after 15 months!) .... the salesman begged me to go out and try their automatic, I was dead set against it. Within a minute of driving it, I was a convert. I'll not go back to manual.

15 years of BMW's and not one breakdown!

I always remember a bloke telling me how brilliant his BMW was , I said have you had any problems he said none except it threw a rod through the side of the block!

This is where the dealer service came in they lent him a 5 series while they fitted a new engine in his 3 series, so he'd conveniently forgotten about the blown engine

Oh just seen the (should have done a thread on this, good chat!) bit about automatics. The car before this, I had a 335... it was a beast (ate petrol and insurance money, so traded in after 15 months!) .... the salesman begged me to go out and try their automatic, I was dead set against it. Within a minute of driving it, I was a convert. I'll not go back to manual.
When I took the said problem car in to have a job done up in Brum they provided me with an auto courtesy car. I had never driven an auto before.
I was stopping at my sister in laws whilst the work was done, but as the job was not done to my satisfaction we got into a long drawn out arguement, and in a fit of temper I drove the car back home to Cornwall and told them to bring my car home when it had been sorted and pick theirs up.
When I did eventually get my manual Merc back five weeks later, I could hardly drive it, and hated it.
Following yet another issue they took the car back, and I went out and got the auto box that I now have.
Would never go back to a manual.

I once asked why all Range Rovers are auto these days and it's apparently down to customer demand. The ZF auto box is capable of handling 700nm of torque and not many manual boxes will take that before they give up.
I've never had an auto myself as I've never a car that was powerful enough to warrant one.

When I took the said problem car in to have a job done up in Brum they provided me with an auto courtesy car. I had never driven an auto before.
I was stopping at my sister in laws whilst the work was done, but as the job was not done to my satisfaction we got into a long drawn out arguement, and in a fit of temper I drove the car back home to Cornwall and told them to bring my car home when it had been sorted and pick theirs up.
When I did eventually get my manual Merc back five weeks later, I could hardly drive it, and hated it.
Following yet another issue they took the car back, and I went out and got the auto box that I now have.
Would never go back to a manual.

Can't beat German Cars :throw:

Afternoon.

I tried to reserve a car online today after mulling it over for a couple of days. It was gone when I got round to doing it.

He who hesitates . . . as they say.

I once asked why all Range Rovers are auto these days and it's apparently down to customer demand. The ZF auto box is capable of handling 700nm of torque and not many manual boxes will take that before they give up.
I've never had an auto myself as I've never a car that was powerful enough to warrant one.

Yeah, definitely with this 335 I had, it was so beautifully finely tuned, it really needed it. But after always saying never, not interested, I love driving properly, I am a full convert now!

Yeah, definitely with this 335 I had, it was so beautifully finely tuned, it really needed it. But after always saying never, not interested, I love driving properly, I am a full convert now!
Lucky sod having that. I had a 330d manual estate which was a trade off. I wanted the 335 but tax and insurance took the fun out of it.

Lucky sod having that. I had a 330d manual estate which was a trade off. I wanted the 335 but tax and insurance took the fun out of it.

Yes, was fun, even dad was amazed (he's not really into cars, got a nice fiesta and is totally happy) at the speed when we got on a duel carraigeway and I showed him the acceleration. It would push you back into your seat. Never driven anything like it, blows my mind what the top sports cars must be like.

But yes, tax shot up, insurance was high, I've semi retired and gone more sensible. Nice 3 series, still an m spec, but far more civilised. I doubt I'll ever drive anything as much fun as the 335 though, unless the lotto comes up !