Paul Cook Gone | Page 2 | Vital Football

Paul Cook Gone

Part 1 of the good news :thumbup: good riddance, never in memory of man was he worth 18k a week, just hope we get the compensation.

His next club won't be as patient with him as we've been, one more job in the Championship then lower leagues for that mon. :grinning:

No connected to appeal.
With a bit of thinking now, it is more likely he is pissed off at players being sold off for peanuts with more to come. If he stayed he would have had to start again so why not at another club with more funds to back him.
Still think its a bad omen for the appeal result, if we had won the Admins would have done more to persuade him to stay, as it is he is going to be a Championship Manager and us a L1 club again for a few years at least.

Good Luck Paul, although I have less hair now than I did when you came in 2017. I kept pulling it out especially some of the decisions you made, but so did Roberto when he was with us, and look how his career progressed. I expect you to do well.

Part 1 of the good news :thumbup: good riddance, never in memory of man was he worth 18k a week, just hope we get the compensation.

His next club won't be as patient with him as we've been, one more job in the Championship then lower leagues for that mon. :grinning:

FFS....unbelievable in your first part of your post - are you seriously claiming that you knew this & it was the 'BIG' exclusive you claimed to know??? If so then give us 'Part 2' before the news breaks......

If you can't do that then we can ALL claim to know about some exclusive news, we declare 'big news coming'....then any news that hits the headlines just say " see told u about that".....

Come on Norm, come clean ffs🙄

With a bit of thinking now, it is more likely he is pissed off at players being sold off for peanuts with more to come. If he stayed he would have had to start again so why not at another club with more funds to back him.
Still think its a bad omen for the appeal result, if we had won the Admins would have done more to persuade him to stay, as it is he is going to be a Championship Manager and us a L1 club again for a few years at least.
Problem is cook when he gets new club will take the piss and bring is own peanuts to sign our players
Also way things are looking league 1 might be a better place to start afresh and rebuild

Some good times, some utterly shit times, but overall a successful job done. 1st (L1), 18th and 13th* represents the progress we asked for season upon season although it's all now been for nothing.

Should we be compensated when he arrives at his next job, then I'll wish him all the best. Should we get nothing due to his resignation, then I hope he gets sacked by Christmas.

Erm, no Norm ............. your "good news" was apparently "regarding the appeal".

Wrigglier than a wriggling wriggly thing ! ..............and more bollocks than Trump rally.

Oh, and as for compensation, look at it this way ............. if we'd sacked him when you wanted to, the one receiving compensation would have been him.

Oh, and as for compensation, look at it this way ............. if we'd sacked him when you wanted to, the one receiving compensation would have been him.

Quite true bro, i am aware of that but this is a completely different kettle of fish, he's resigned and we are now due compensation if he takes another job, if we get the dosh we are owed you'll never see me mention Crook's name on here again, glad to see the back of him!

I reserve judgement until we see what happens next.

If he ends up elsewhere this summer and we don't get the 800k compo that was apparently his buy out.

Very sad about this and I fear that our club and personnel will be unrecognisable when all this is over. Such a shame as I really think we could have challenged next season.

Some good times, some utterly shit times, but overall a successful job done. 1st (L1), 18th and 13th* represents the progress we asked for season upon season although it's all now been for nothing.

Should we be compensated when he arrives at his next job, then I'll wish him all the best. Should we get nothing due to his resignation, then I hope he gets sacked by Christmas.
If he goes to a bigger club then that may we'll be the case if the football is as boring and the results prior to Christmas are as bad.

Bollocks.

So we can all claim to have inside knowledge but not actually say what that is? And after the fact we can just say we were right?

I knew the lottery numbers last week. Just didn’t tell anyone, or buy a ticket.

I would have thought if we haven't paid him he would be within his rights to walk without any compensation.

Reading that it seems to be mutual consent therefore I would have thought compensation would be out of the question.

Bollocks.

So we can all claim to have inside knowledge but not actually say what that is? And after the fact we can just say we were right?

I knew the lottery numbers last week. Just didn’t tell anyone, or buy a ticket.

Think I said something similar RichyM.....alas never got a reply😕