Aliens... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aliens...

Very interesting. Too many assumptions abound with this sort of thing, in that other forms of life have to have emerged in the exact way that it did on Earth when we simply don't have knowledge to support that. Perhaps there is lyfe out there, lyving in its own way.

"It's lyfe, Jim, but not as we know it!"

Thing is, it generally was!
Things like Star Trek and Doctor Who always tickled me. Almost every alien on those things had x2 legs, x2 arms, mouth, ears,.........
I always thought that with 99% of aliens in star trek. Amazing! A new highly advanced species is encountered and they look just like humans but with a little ridge on their nose. Hmm.

A week or so ago my wife watched an old film on Talking Pictures about a exploratory mission to Mars. All the characters were dressed normally in their spacious space ship. When they landed, the Martians were wearing space suits

Ha, ha! Good point. I think if aliens are interested in fairer representation in our TV series, they should start scoring up some funding.
Maybe they are all built the same as us. Even their representatives look like us.
20200801_122110.jpg

Not the film.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...mber-of-contactable-alien-civilisations-is-36

I think they missed 6.

Also, they're just guessing. :lol::alien2:

I've actually done this at University.
Did a course on search for extra-terrestrial life.
Yes, there are such courses!
Included the UN Protocols on first contact and yes they exist too, although Trump will doubtless have pulled the USA out of the UN by then and will instead be launching all possible missiles at any aliens instead of the official "oh hello there, how are you, welcome to our little round wet rock".

Oh and yes, I passed the course 😃👽👽👽

I always thought that with 99% of aliens in star trek. Amazing! A new highly advanced species is encountered and they look just like humans but with a little ridge on their nose. Hmm.

That was explained in Star Trek.
All the humanoid inhabited planets throughout the galaxy were seeded by the same proto-humanoid DNA. We then just evolved slightly differently, and yes particularly different noses !

That was explained in Star Trek.
All the humanoid inhabited planets throughout the galaxy were seeded by the same proto-humanoid DNA. We then just evolved slightly differently, and yes particularly different noses !
Ah, I missed that then. Slightly boring not being able to think about the weird frogs and stuff that some of them must have evolved from! I like my aliens to look weird, not just like people from the Isle of Man.