Steve Evans Summer Update | Vital Football

Steve Evans Summer Update

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
Surprised no one has mentioned Steve’s interview yesterday. It’s on the official website or youtube

He said we should be announcing our first signing on Friday morning. There may be more announced if things progress today.

Team will be in for training next week.
Whilst talking about some other subject he mentioned he’d had a long conversation with Leeds Utd boss. I’m wondering if there’s any youngsters there we might be trying to get loaned?

He wasn’t specific on any targets except to say we aren’t after a keeper. Jack & Joe are our keepers unless we decide to loan Joe Walsh out to get experience.

Also mentioned we’d generally be going for younger players. No surprise there.

Funnily enough, the FGR chairman was saying in interview the other days about their link with Leeds United and loaning of a couple of players! Had a good link since Leeds United paid £1m for one of the academy kids who is now in the first team squad! With Leeds United step up will be a few young players to go round!

Surprised no one has mentioned Steve’s interview yesterday. It’s on the official website or youtube

He said we should be announcing our first signing on Friday morning. There may be more announced if things progress today.

Team will be in for training next week.
Whilst talking about some other subject he mentioned he’d had a long conversation with Leeds Utd boss. I’m wondering if there’s any youngsters there we might be trying to get loaned?

He wasn’t specific on any targets except to say we aren’t after a keeper. Jack & Joe are our keepers unless we decide to loan Joe Walsh out to get experience.

Also mentioned we’d generally be going for younger players. No surprise there.
So why bother with Mark Byrne who will not be on the cheap side of budgets?

So why bother with Mark Byrne who will not be on the cheap side of budgets?
The devil you know?
I believe that he has invited Mark to train with the new squad.
If he can regain fitness and form, he may offer him something.
I’d imagine that Mark would be realistic given his situation.
He may of course decide to return to Wales.

Saw another post on twitter about different clubs strategy through this last month.

Apparently 12 L1 clubs have, like us, made no signings so far. And there’s more than 1 have got less players on their staff than us which did surprise me.

And it’s also about a 50/50 split on clubs that started training this week v clubs starting next Monday/Tuesday.

So we are definitely not alone.

I doubt anyone will be offered as much as we would have offered before Covid 19.

Only players leaving to move up. If ogilve or tucker goes then they will but i get your point that its unlikely gills will unless its a talented youngster we want to keep e g. the next tucker.

We do need to invest in the next tucker. Hopefully a few gems released from championship we can pick up

Saw another post on twitter about different clubs strategy through this last month.

Apparently 12 L1 clubs have, like us, made no signings so far. And there’s more than 1 have got less players on their staff than us which did surprise me.

And it’s also about a 50/50 split on clubs that started training this week v clubs starting next Monday/Tuesday.

So we are definitely not alone.
Can't say I'm surprised, with the situation being so fluid and potentially changing so quickly, no one will want to stitch themselves up, especially PS.
Good luck to them, best to be sensible, the way things are, there could be a lot of 12 point deductions about, we could survive the drop just by virtue of that 😉

Can't say I'm surprised, with the situation being so fluid and potentially changing so quickly, no one will want to stitch themselves up, especially PS.
Good luck to them, best to be sensible, the way things are, there could be a lot of 12 point deductions about, we could survive the drop just by virtue of that 😉
If we make it through the season? I have a feeling that some teams won't. A 12 point penalty and survival is better than going under.