12 point appeal | Page 18 | Vital Football

12 point appeal

We do have a very interesting set of circumstances:

Going into admin 2 months after the season should have finished.
Going into admin while having more points than Barnsley ended up on.
Going into admin without missing any previous bills.
Going into admin due to a lack of income coming in due to the season being extended/Covid.

I still doubt that we'll win the appeal, which should be based on any advantage we had over teams by not paying bills or having an unfair advantage over a team due to the administration (which is why the rules were put in place).

Maybe the EFL are letting the Rotherham wanabees in to the latics appeal so that the thick yorkshire inbred cxxxs will be told in front of them what has really gone on and why we are in this mess
Then while the yorkshire cxxxs are there the appeal board will tell the yorkshire cxxxs to feck off you are shite and relegated where you deserve to be i rest my case

Can i just say seems to be alot of newbies on this site are they all really latics fans
Or bowtners , wurriors, even those barnsley yorkshire cxxxs?

Not sure if this is in reference to me, because looking at my statement it appears to state I dont think we should avoid a point deduction, but based on the reason for the point deduction (gaining an advantage) I dont believe we are guilty and therefore shouldn't have the points deducted this season (if at all).

Can i just say seems to be alot of newbies on this site are they all really latics fans
Or bowtners , wurriors, even those barnsley yorkshire cxxxs?

A distinct possibility I’d suggest if we win the appeal. Reinstate Tranmere to L1 and l don’t relegate Stevenage given the circumstances of how they’ve been affected by decisions. Everyone is a winner and a tonic to the reputation of the efl. Sadly I don’t think they care about fairness so probably unlikely.

Can't see that as that would be an extra 6m to find for the EFL and the other Championship clubs wont be happy to give away a slice of their money for the EFLs mistake.

Not sure if this is in reference to me, because looking at my statement it appears to state I dont think we should avoid a point deduction, but based on the reason for the point deduction (gaining an advantage) I dont believe we are guilty and therefore shouldn't have the points deducted this season (if at all).
No not aimed at you whatsoever

Points deductions were brought in to stop teams effectively running up huge bills to banks, other clubs, vendors, tax man etc to gain an unfair financial advantage and then avoiding payment.

In our instance no advantage has been gain only a huge disadvantage, no payments have been missed to external creditors and the only people set to 'lose' any money are the owners who put us in this mess.

The EFL themselves said points deductions are not mandetory when they punished Blackpool when their owner put the club into recievership.

So it's a bit like charging and punishing someone for murder when they only tried to commit suicide.

Agreed, but the minute we pay back 25p on the pound / miss paying creditors we should be given the 12 point deducation.

Thats why I believe it isnt fair to do it this season, but if our new owners decide to not pay creditors in full we should be docked next season. My guess is any owner would rather take the 12 points than pay back 100% of debt and therefore the deduction next season is 100% fair.

Points deductions were brought in to stop teams effectively running up huge bills to banks, other clubs, vendors, tax man etc to gain an unfair financial advantage and then avoiding payment.

In our instance no advantage has been gain only a huge disadvantage, no payments have been missed to external creditors and the only people set to 'lose' any money are the owners who put us in this mess.

The EFL themselves said points deductions are not mandetory when they punished Blackpool when their owner put the club into recievership.

So it's a bit like charging and punishing someone for murder when they only tried to commit suicide.

Truth is out of all this the only advantage is that shyte yorkshire club not being relegated due to corruption in the game

We do have a very interesting set of circumstances:

Going into admin 2 months after the season should have finished.
Going into admin while having more points than Barnsley ended up on.
Going into admin without missing any previous bills.
Going into admin due to a lack of income coming in due to the season being extended/Covid.

I still doubt that we'll win the appeal, which should be based on any advantage we had over teams by not paying bills or having an unfair advantage over a team due to the administration (which is why the rules were put in place).

I see you've been peeking at the QC's opening statement.
;)

I’ve no doubt, just didn’t know it was literally limited to one day. If evidence is relevant is should be allowed to be presented as otherwise how can they make an informed decision if they don’t have all the facts and evidence?

Strange that the admins said they had received a 6000 page document to go through from the EFL yet we can't present all our evidence. Bias??

I suspect that what the admins mean is that they've been given/gathered themselves so much evidence that the hearing won't last long enough for them present every single bit of evidence properly, not that they aren't allowed to present evidence. I'm sure that they will present what they feel are the most relevant bits of the case properly, presume they'll be looking in to why Administration carries a points penalty ie non-payment of creditors or whatever and looking to win our case on a legal point within that

Strange that the admins said they had received a 6000 page document to go through from the EFL yet we can't present all our evidence. Bias??

The whole thing seems rigged - pay both sides costs; bombarded with documents most of which will be of no relevance to drive up the costs of examining it; time limited so not all evidence can be presented, allowing other clubs who have nothing to do with it to be represented to campaign against us. It is disgraceful.

maybe they are letting barnsley have there two peneth so when the lgal challenge comes from them on the result then the efl can say that they gave barnsley a voice/view/platform on the case that was considered. kind of cover your back so they cant say they was not involved in process at any point. Maybe they will offer barnsley a solidarity payment say half there tv money to go quite and accept the result.

As far as I'm aware the appeal is against 12 point deduction only - not league position or other factors as a result of. A case can't be made to apply a points deduction to one team just because another team is counting on it, so unless Barnsley have any information to add with regards to our finances then their grievance is an entirely separate issue not to be tagged on to our appeal. Possibly a time wasting tactic from EFL? Get Barnsley to eat up half a hearing and that really chomps down on how we present our case?

I saw someone point out the difference between the Maccelsfield hearing and ours is ours is meant to be final and binding with no option of appeal while theirs can be appealed after the fact by Stevenage. That is likely why Barnsley are coming in to ours while Stevenage not into Maccelsfields.

Seems a very plausable theory for the inconsistency.

I saw someone point out the difference between the Maccelsfield hearing and ours is ours is meant to be final and binding with no option of appeal while theirs can be appealed after the fact by Stevenage. That is likely why Barnsley are coming in to ours while Stevenage not into Maccelsfields.

Seems a very plausable theory for the inconsistency.
Its all just an absolute shit show really isn't it, and the most annoying thing about it all is that it feels like we're the only ones being covered. Regardless of what happens to us (and I don't say that lightly at all), the fans and teams that make up the rest of the EFL deserve consistency in the rules and fair treatment. All should be treated the same as Bolton when they got additional deadlines Bury didn't, the same as Blackpool who avoided a points deduction because their owners were crooks, and if any team is appealing a decision, either the team most impacted by the possible outcome can attend the hearing, or they cant.

It cant be one rule for some and another for the others.