12 point appeal | Page 17 | Vital Football

12 point appeal

Barnsley now given permission to speak at our hearing. How does that work? Surely the case is between ourselves and the EFL, I know they are an interested party but it seems strange to allow them to participate.

Nowt to do with them. Disgraceful decision. I really hope they get burnt by this.

Finishing 3rd from bottom, then whinging cos it wouldn't be fair if they were relegated as opposed to someone finishing 13th !

unfortunately over time wigan fans have grown a rivalry with certain clubs be it blackpool early 80s, bolton mid 80s,etc always at these games there where rucks. Then certain clubs you would expect like millwall tend to do the respect bit. Well god help us when we play barnsley again cos there will be no loved lost.

Nowt to do with them. Disgraceful decision. I really hope they get burnt by this.

Finishing 3rd from bottom, then whinging cos it wouldn't be fair if they were relegated as opposed to someone finishing 13th !

Wouldn’t mind they’ve been in the bottom 3 for 11 months and never left it. Season was only scheduled to run for 9! Plus we had more points than Barnsley finished up with when we entered admin!

I do agree it’s disgraceful. Our dispute is between us and the penalty imposed by the efl, there is no dispute between us and Barnsley. I fail to see how this can be allowed or more importantly why? The only logic is that the efl know they have a weak case and are expecting to lose it following legal advice. By allowing Barnsley to state their peace it maybe to placate them as they’ve threatened the efl with legal action so they are trying to demonstrate they acted fairly to them.

Well if they insist on sticking their oar in ...are the Yorkshire t***s paying a share of the costs ?

If not why the f*** not ?

Someone asked if the shoe was on the other foot in these circumstances would I want us to behave in the same manner?

Personally I think I readily admit if we’re shit and deserve to go down - and finishing in the drop zone after being in it all season I would say we deserve to drop and not look to embarrass ourselves or attack an another club whilst theyre fighting for their very existence.

What possible contribution can they make apart from " please make sure you take 12 points of them ".

Who knows. I suspect they hold the same opinion as most people and think the efl are fucking incompetent and so probably feel like they need to do their job for them.

There is little doubt the efl have made a whole of this. They were very trigger happy to announce a penalty and I’ve no doubt hadn’t even considered their regulations around timings of penalties let alone the circumstances of our case. As I said at the time a holding statement that the regulations would be examined in light of the unprecedented global health crisis would have sufficed. By being so eager to punish us they’ve created problems. Barnsley I suspect will argue that they shouldn’t be punished for the efl’s incompetence in handling this as they’d announced a penalty that the panel may now determine is incorrect and maybe they are looking for a verdict that includes that they shouldn’t drop either - and so a 25 team league next season. So in effect a hearing within a hearing. Just a thought as I can’t see how they can comment about why our penalty should stand etc as it’s nothing to do with them.

Someone asked if the shoe was on the other foot in these circumstances would I want us to behave in the same manner?

Personally I think I readily admit if we’re shit and deserve to go down - and finishing in the drop zone after being in it all season I would say we deserve to drop and not look to embarrass ourselves or attack an another club whilst theyre fighting for their very existence.

This. Don't get me wrong, you'd take being saved if the other team were justifiably punished, ........ but it seems rather classless to be muscling in to the actual appeal, pleading to the EFL to be saved ............ especially given the nature of Wigan's "insolvency".

25 team Championship?

I suppose we should treat this as good news.

I'm fairly certain he'll focus on the issues that can directly affect our case (the delay, no matchday income, not initiated by creditors, points gained prior to us entering into admin were enough to keep us up, the Blackpool precedent, etc) as opposed to the fit and proper stuff.

Still, what an utter, utter shambles.

25 team Championship?

A distinct possibility I’d suggest if we win the appeal. Reinstate Tranmere to L1 and l don’t relegate Stevenage given the circumstances of how they’ve been affected by decisions. Everyone is a winner and a tonic to the reputation of the efl. Sadly I don’t think they care about fairness so probably unlikely.

I suppose we should treat this as good news.

I'm fairly certain he'll focus on the issues that can directly affect our case (the delay, no matchday income, not initiated by creditors, points gained prior to us entering into admin were enough to keep us up, the Blackpool precedent, etc) as opposed to the fit and proper stuff.

Still, what an utter, utter shambles.

So even the appeal is rigged that you can only present so much info???

EFL letting Barnsley get involved to try and influence the pannel- trying to stack the deck against us.

I think the whole thing is going to be a giant stitch up and it wouldn't shock me if EFL and Barnsley are colluding how to beat us.

I still don't even think there is anyway the EFL will grant us a truly independent pannel - they'll probably find a way to manipulate it some way or another.

I doubt there are many cases with as much info to present as we've got. I suppose that theoretically, he can present it all ........ light touch. However, like I said, he'll focus on the stuff that they can't turn away from and will/should win the case.

I’ve no doubt, just didn’t know it was literally limited to one day. If evidence is relevant is should be allowed to be presented as otherwise how can they make an informed decision if they don’t have all the facts and evidence?

Why are Barnsley speaking? They know absolutely nothing about the situation we have been in, this case is all about what has happened to us and whether a points deduction is fair, given our circumstances.