12 point appeal | Page 16 | Vital Football

12 point appeal

Interesting that the then Chief Exec. said that the 12 point deduction was not manadatory. The current lot seem to disagree and say that it is.
I thought the same mesel.

I've pinged that to Harry Robbo, given that he seems to have a link to the QC. That's a cracking precedent for us to be quoting.

I thought the same mesel.

I've pinged that to Harry Robbo, given that he seems to have a link to the QC. That's a cracking precedent for us to be quoting.

This is also an interesting quote, given that at the time of the deduction being imposed on us we had not defaulted on any debts.

"Based on the evidence presented and the judgment of the court, the board agreed that the appointment of the receiver is not material to the club’s ability to fulfil its obligations as a member club and as a result should not be regarded as having suffered an Insolvency Event, meaning a 12 point deduction is not applicable.

Surely the same should apply to us as other than the disputed loan with Au Yeung we had no outstanding debts at the time of the administrators coming in. The debt has been created since due to having no income, "force majeure".

Personally I take the following quote away by the former EFL chairman:

“ the circumstances surrounding the appointment of the receiver needed to be fully considered before a decision was made.”

In our case there was no considering the circumstances in the slightest. The admin literally came out of the blue and less than an hour later they’d decided we were to be docked points. Then days later stated they would look into the circumstances. Two completely different approaches and anyone with common sense would suggest establishing what has occurred prior to determining any punishment is the prudent and correct approach. I very much doubt they or our administrators still fully know the circumstances of what has occurred and so how we can be punished before that is established I’m not too sure. I honestly find it difficult to comprehend how an organisation can operate in this way. Shambolic is too mild a word.

You are correct gents in that we’ll look for any precedent. As I said the other day, the more shots at goal we have the more likely we are to score.

If anyone wants a little hope, then read this. "Not mandatory" !!!

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...point-deduction-985967?itm_source=parsely-api

What about this one: 'EFL awaiting full details before commenting on possibility of points deduction'

Chance would be a fine thing!

They couldn't wait to dock us points even though they knew it was dodgy. Fucking *****. I don't think it's even possible but i'd love for us to win our appeal then sue the EFL for damages for allowing this to happen and how they went about it all.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...-blackpool-fc-being-deducted-12-points-122812

I'm getting excited by these comments. If we are eventually docked less than 12 points, as a championship side there will be a much greater chance of finding a buyer. I just hope that by then we wont have flogged off half our youth team. If we do remain in the championship, we will have to let our big earners go and bring our wage bill down in line with our income. To expect any new owner to continually plough £1m per month into the club to keep it afloat is totally unrealistic unless they have more money than sense.

I'm getting excited by these comments. If we are eventually docked less than 12 points, as a championship side there will be a much greater chance of finding a buyer. I just hope that by then we wont have flogged off half our youth team. If we do remain in the championship, we will have to let our big earners go and bring our wage bill down in line with our income. To expect any new owner to continually plough £1m per month into the club to keep it afloat is totally unrealistic unless they have more money than sense.

I wouldn't say DW had more money than sense Leics. He kept us going for many years. I would say the word ambition would have much to do with it. If the new owners have the ambition then the money is secondary.

Most of our big earners are out of contract. Marshall another but likely to leave but in Evans we have a great young replacement.

2.5m gone from Directors wages. We don't have to sell as many as people think to lower the wage bill as the wage through attrition is in line with the revenue if we stayed in The Championship. We need to sell now anyone though, to raise money to pay creditors, which means we can't get true valuations.

The frustrating thing is, we are owed more money from transfers than we owe out, but we owe the money before we are due to receive. We would also get 2.3m from the EFL from solidarity payments if we won the appeal and if we got new owners soon, they could potentially stop the first team being broken up.

Obviously that is the best case scenario and wishful thinking but if we did win the appeal and the takeover was agreed, we could keep pretty much our first team squad, sell Robinson but keep the rest and we'd be midtable with a handful of loanees to boost the numbers as The Championship would be very weak next season and many clubs getting deductions.

However, if the worst happened and we were in League One, then our entire first team squad would be ripped apart, these players are too good for League One and would soon get snapped up.

Just as things had finally come together with a strong, ever improving young Championship squad, with a top academy ready to chuck out lots of talent, set up for a Premier League promotion push within the next 2-3 years but now won't happen.

Me & MiW have disagreed on many, many issues on here. On this subject though, I think we are joined at the hip. For a plethora of reasons, Wigan Athletic should not be deducted 12 points simply for "going into administration" in this case.

I've previously never really considered the definition of "plethora" ............ but The Pie at Night seems to have done it for me.

For any of you out there not feeling confident about friday, then have a read of this.

https://thepieatnight.co.uk/twelve-reasons-why-the-twelve-point-deduction-should-be-overturned

Me & MiW have disagreed on many, many issues on here. On this subject though, I think we are joined at the hip. For a plethora of reasons, Wigan Athletic should not be deducted 12 points simply for "going into administration" in this case.

I've previously never really considered the definition of "plethora" ............ but The Pie at Night seems to have done it for me.

For any of you out there not feeling confident about friday, then have a read of this.

https://thepieatnight.co.uk/twelve-reasons-why-the-twelve-point-deduction-should-be-overturned
I read that this morning as well! Filled me with optimism :)

Damn straight we are in sync on this. The whole thing stinks to high heaven and a penalty like this unjust, it’s inconceivable a club without any difficulties would just be placed into admin with three weeks of a season left knowing the huge financial impact it would cause. The penalty in this case does not fit the crime - not that any consideration of what actually has gone was factored into imposing it.

It’s a decent piece from Jimmy and brings together all the valid aspects of our appeal. One bit I hadn’t considered was the betting aspect given the league is sponsored by a betting company. It’s little wonder the efl are looking for a large rug to sweep this all under and have no real interest into looking into it given the wider implications. I suspect they never even considered we’d appeal.

Speaking of betting ...................... 12 points deduction reduced to 9 points (10 points, making it a goal difference issue if the EFL really want to piss off Barnsley!), just so as to save face.

Now, how do I open an account with IEC?

Speaking of betting ...................... 12 points deduction reduced to 9 points (10 points, making it a goal difference issue if the EFL really want to piss off Barnsley!), just so as to save face.

Now, how do I open an account with IEC?

Barnsley now given permission to speak at our hearing. How does that work? Surely the case is between ourselves and the EFL, I know they are an interested party but it seems strange to allow them to participate.

Barnsley now given permission to speak at our hearing. How does that work? Surely the case is between ourselves and the EFL, I know they are an interested party but it seems strange to allow them to participate.

Didn't you know that Barnsley are the only well run team in the country and are the last bastion of decency and fair play and therefore have a right to pontificate about things they know nothing about, whenever they want, wherever thay want.

Beggars belief that they cannot see they are in exactly the same position as us and almost every other EFL team. If their owner says tomorrow "right, I'm putting not a penny more in and I want a load of money back" they would be struggling to paddle up the same creek that we are.