Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

I'm surprised we've written off Hardie. To be honest, we don't know much about him as a Blackpool player. He only made one league appearance and seven in total through various cups. I saw nearly every game we played last season and I don't know anything about him. We didn't really give him a chance.

On the other hand, for some reason the club put a lot of faith in Nuttall who made 27 league appearances. He scored twice, one more than Hardie in his seven appearances.
Think the issue with Hardie was that there were zero flashes that suggest there is a player there. As bad as Nuttall was at times; there were flashes of something to work with.

Is Nuttall familiar to NC as well having been at City's youth?

Personally with Hardie I think you just have to say that it's one of those that didn't work out and move on, whether we get the fee now or twelve months down the line. At least we're essentially breaking even from what I'm told rather than losing money on the deal.

Joe Walsh, 28 year old centre back at MK Dons. Some of their supporters think he is signing for us in the next few days after rejecting a new contract with them

Seems a long time ago that Callum was with us.
Peterborough United midfielder Callum Cooke has signed for League Two side Bradford City on a two-year contract.
Cooke, 23, spent last season on loan at Valley Parade, playing 25 league games.
He made 21 appearances for Posh in two seasons with the League One club after joining from Middlesbrough.

Season long loan for those not clicking the link..
Ryan Hardie has re-joined Plymouth Argyle on a loan deal until the end of the season.

The striker was loaned to the Pilgrims in January and enjoyed success, helping the Club on their way to promotion to Sky Bet League One.
The 23-year-old will now link-up with Ryan Lowe’s side for a second stint at Home Park for the 2020/21 season.

The Club wishes Ryan the very best for the season.

I’m backing at least one of Madine, Yates or Nuttall to bag quite a few this season under NC playing what would appear a more attacking way.

Hardie to me is no loss and I don’t understand why some fans are so upset he’s gone, I’ll stick my head out and say I think Nuttall will do well this season and Hardie won’t set the world alight at Plymouth.

Sounds like he wanted to go, as Sex likes to say “thanks for the memories”.

Rangers have won the race to sign Blackpool starlet Tony Weston, according to reports.
By Matt Scrafton
Wednesday, 29th July 2020, 1:51 pm
Updated12 minutes ago

btnClose.png

The Athletic are reporting the Scottish giants are set to confirm the deal within the next 24 hours.
The fee is believed to be in the region of £250,000.

QVNIMTE2NDc1MDc5.jpg
Weston is set to make the move north of the border

The likes of Southampton, Everton and Leeds United have all previously been linked with the 16-year-old, with the Saints previously coming close to sealing his signature.
The diminutive forward can't sign a professional deal with Blackpool until his 17th birthday in September.
However, Scottish rules allow clubs north of the border to tie young stars to professional terms at the age of 16.
Weston made his first-team debut for the Seasiders in December of last year.

The youth-team forward came off the bench in Pool's 3-1 FA Cup second round win against Maidstone United.
Born in Liverpool, Weston has consistently impressed for the Under-18s and has won numerous academy player of the year awards throughout his time at Bloomfield Road.
Weston hit 14 goals for Blackpool's youth-team in the early stages of the season and was promoted to first-team training by former manager Simon Grayson in November.
His debut on December 1 capped off a whirlwind week for the youngster, who had to be taken out of school to travel to Suffolk as a member of the Pool squad for the 2-2 draw at Ipswich Town.

The forward was then named as an unused substitute for Pool's EFL Trophy defeat by Scunthorpe United, before making his debut the following Saturday.
Speaking to The Gazette back in December, Grayson said Weston forced his way into the Blackpool team on merit.
“He deserved the opportunity,” Grayson said.
“I’ve not stopped talking about him with my staff since watching him (in a reserve game) at Squires Gate about 10 days ago.

“He went to Ipswich with us last week and he trained with us the back end of the week.
“He’s got so much enthusiasm. The lads were watching what he was doing, where his pure enthusiasm and love of being a professional footballer is at the front of his mind.
“He’s got 30-year-old lads behind him in the warm-up and I’ve never known a 16- year-old lead with stuff like that.
“He’s got confidence in his ability and it’s great for him. He’ll never forget his debut.

“To be fair, he could have had a couple of opportunities, especially on one occasion when Sullay (Kaikai) should have played him in.
“He had good movement and it would have been interesting had the kid put it in, which I think he would have done.”

Agreed. Wonder if we've managed to get a fee just because we seem to have done an lot of business with Rangers (Gow, Charlie, Alnwick, Hardie), and thus presumably have a good relationship?
Helps them too from a budget perspective as tribunal would have dragged on.