Summer 2020 transfers | Page 21 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

What is all this wobbly text about on the new signings posts? Makes it look like an old power point presentation. Plus the old Asics stripes in the background....either someone has gone wild in the media room or our new kit will be wobbly colours or a throw back to the 89-90s kit.

1595929710395.png

1595929799805.png

Nearly a new team now .... 7 signings so far I think , including those who signed earlier . I’m sure Bears will list them all !

Soto has a good youth team record - hopefully he has a good loan, gets that work permit, and is good to compete with Idah for our main striker in the future

Nearly a new team now .... 7 signings so far I think , including those who signed earlier . I’m sure Bears will list them all !

Mumba (RB)
McCallum (LB)
Sitti (DCM)
Soto (ST)
Sinani (LW)
Pancheta (LW)
Sorensen (CM)

Plus you an probably add in Dennis (RB) who I imagine will be signed soon too.

Indeed - looks like a loan to Holland most likely Telstar. He looks a good talent but lets hope he gets a visa soon.
I think that a work permit can often rest on a player being a full international, if they are not an EU citizen, of course.
It seems that Soto was pencilled in for two USA friendlies, which would’ve been his senior debut, just before lockdown hit and that, I think, has meant he needs to go out on loan. Hopefully he’ll get that cap and work permit soon. Maybe just a six month loan?

Yeah the permit stuff is so long winded. If he'd have cost us millions it would have given him more points towards his work permit.

I think in the loan norwich will demand he plays a certain amount of games

I'm happy signing these talented youngsters but as others have said on other channels we do need an experienced player to come in too.

Also still no central defender or forward.

I’ve seen Harrison Reed play a few times for Fulham over the season and he has always been very good in that holding midfield role - way out of our price range now though, I would’ve thought...

We need a prolific striker to challenge pukki as drmic is shit and will be injured half the season and yes another good CB if godfrey goes. I know hes getting on but billy sharpe would do well in championship for 1 season

Sounds like as always we have all identified which positions we need to fill and with what sort of experienced player - I wonder if the Club will identify these too or seemingly still fail to see it? This summers dealings have to be spot on!

They will look at our terrible defensive record over past 2 seasons and not buy a CB and then look at terrible striking rate over last season and not buy a striker.

So Drmic has confirmed that he is in talks with the club about his future.

Sounds like he is already wanting to jump ship. The guys offered nothing this season and it sounds like he is now pushing for a move. Well I'll drive to your next club Mr Drmic.

Drmic said:

'We are in talks. I still have a two-year contract but in this business, you never know. I can imagine both: to go or to stay. A return to Switzerland? The thought is there.'

'I would like to keep playing at the highest level. I want more adventures. I wanted to play in the best league in the world. And then playing against players like (Paul) Pogba or (Virgil) Van Dijk that was cool.'

He sounds like it has just been a bit of a holiday for him. How was this guy one of the players DF really wanted us to sign? It doesn't come across like he has the attitude we want next season. Thinks he should be in a better league - like Naismith.

He also has a little dig at the style of play that DF went with, which is true:

'We were always the underdog and we sat back most of the time with our ‘parked bus’ style. For a striker, it’s the worst: you have little action in front of you and you can’t do what you can do best. It was difficult.'

He also says he wasn't given the game time by DF, which again is true especially after Pukki forgot how to play football but Drmic did get some games and didn't do anything:

'The injury was difficult, but I was able to get over the injury, and then you need enough games and minutes to show what you can do, but, unfortunately, I didn’t get them.'

I think that should be bye bye Drmic.

Which will mean we need another forward (at least 2 Id say)