Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation | Page 12 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation

The best approach to all rumours from an official club pov (BUT you MUST apply it on every occasion without wavering or it can come back to bite your bottom):

"It is our/my policy to neither confirm nor deny (insert rumour)". It's a firewall that leaves the questioner nowhere to go. Especially effective at killing speculation if applied time and again to the same audience/interviewer.

Yeah but that’s boring. I want Mike Hine’s input on whether we’ll sign a striker from the Scottish fourth tier.

These new age names are getting stranger and stranger.
Chinese Tomatoes cannot be a modern day footballer, he doesn't have a double-barrelled name! I was going to suggest his middle name may be Red, but I didn't want to upset and Chinese Green Tomatoes that might be reading this forum.

Chinese Tomatoes cannot be a modern day footballer, he doesn't have a double-barrelled name! I was going to suggest his middle name may be Red, but I didn't want to upset and Chinese Green Tomatoes that might be reading this forum.
Not worth the risk of offending them!

You guys will be getting Jules parking this in the off-topic forum.

Mind you, with the chairman posting in olive our next signing might be chinese tomatoes
It just goes to show the power of repeated gossip.

The original rumour was that two brothers, recently sacked under massively unfair conditions, had considered working in the Chinese league - but others had postulated a return to Lincoln.

That original post was "Two martyrs turn down Chinese move..."

I hear on the grapevine we are in for a Russian some attacker called Vladamir Novichok. He really does not want offending.
You sure? I heard that it was a Russian hardman Defender called Ikic Abollokov.
Someone you definitely don't want to offend.

Let him open the door first and if he says he is going to the cathedral and doing a big bag of weed with a lady of the night be afraid