Charlton down ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Charlton down ?

At this rate, come the start of the season, there will be a lot of teams starting on negative points.

Wigan get relegated,why,loose 12 points still well clear,or have I missed something.
The 12 point deduction was only to be activated if Wigan finished outside the bottom 3, so they only needed to win last night and they would have been more than 12 pts clear and stayed up.
If they were already in the bottom 3, the points would have come off at the start of next season in league one.

Tonight has shown just how much the broadcasters focus on the premiership. All the real action and interest was in the championship yet we got just the one live game Liverpool v Chelsea. We should have had guaranteed coverage of the award of the premiership title and a rolling programme of championship coverage with at least one live game. If you had any illusions about how much our interests count in the current situation tonight blew them away.

Well done Barnsley, stunning escape.

There was a live championship match on Sky....Brentford v Barnsley

Someone sent me this on Twitter, just shows how messed up finances are in the Championship in particular.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53484188?__twitter_impression=true
(Maybe I missed the explanation.....)
How have Championship Clubs financed themselves ?
Like L1 and L2 , no matchday income.
Higher wages.

Surely Quest TV highlights can't be enough ?

The reason given for L2 - and then L1 not playing minus fans was (IIRC), a Covid management cost of £250,000 plus per Club.

Bank Loans ?

(Maybe I missed the explanation.....)
How have Championship Clubs financed themselves ?
Like L1 and L2 , no matchday income.
Higher wages.

Surely Quest TV highlights can't be enough ?

The reason given for L2 - and then L1 not playing minus fans was (IIRC), a Covid management cost of £250,000 plus per Club.

Bank Loans ?

£250,000 is a lot of money for League one and League Two clubs to lose at anytime! It will show which clubs will struggle and which clubs have wealthy owners where the lose is not going to impact so much. A club in Gloucestershire who I am very fond of are owned by Ecotricity so a £250,000 lose is not going to be so much of an issue!

There was a live championship match on Sky....Brentford v Barnsley
There was actually 2 live games yesterday. They showed the Brentford game and the West Brom game. But SKY showed they don't care about the Championship by putting a Premiership game at the same time.
This Sunday SKY are showing 8 games and BT are showing 2.

Reading a addicks message board most fans appear to give credit to Bowyer and the players.They are solely blaming the board for their relegation. But is this a true reflection of their troubles or is it deeper than that?

My brother's son in law is proper die hard Charlton, as are all of his family.

They all stopped going in protest when Duchatelet owned the club.

They all returned when the new owners took over but their seems little love lost there either.

They are deep in the smelly stuff and may well start next season with a points deduction.
Of course, being Charlton, they still think they will walk league one anyway.

For all of his faults, Scally took us out of admin and we've never been back.

There was actually 2 live games yesterday. They showed the Brentford game and the West Brom game. But SKY showed they don't care about the Championship by putting a Premiership game at the same time.
This Sunday SKY are showing 8 games and BT are showing 2.
Don’t know why they did not have had the Championship conclusion games tonight, so the focus could have been on that, with the Man U v West Ham and Liverpool v Chelsea matches being played yesterday.

Don’t know why they did not have had the Championship conclusion games tonight, so the focus could have been on that, with the Man U v West Ham and Liverpool v Chelsea matches being played yesterday.

Spot on. The prem games were too important (and commercial) to not be covered.
Therefore the important champ games should have been tonight.

Or the other way round.

Spot on. The prem games were too important (and commercial) to not be covered.
Therefore the important champ games should have been tonight.

Or the other way round.
I hate to say it but Premier league fans don't watch the ELF .But loads of ELF fans watch the premier league thus it is fans of Blackburn,Gillingham and Morecambe and all the other fans at those levels that are helping fund and fuelling this great imbalance in the game.Boycott the Premier league that is the only way clubs like ours can survive.

I hate to say it but Premier league fans don't watch the ELF .But loads of ELF fans watch the premier league thus it is fans of Blackburn,Gillingham and Morecambe and all the other fans at those levels that are helping fund and fuelling this great imbalance in the game.Boycott the Premier league that is the only way clubs like ours can survive.
I think they may have done tonight with no other English clubs playing.
But of course the casual armchair fan will watch Liverpool v Chelsea over any Championship match, even when it’s the last round of matches of the season. It just seemed a bit odd to have Leeds and Liverpool lifting their trophies on the same night at roughly the same time, and with all the drama of the Championship race for the second promotion spot, the playoff places and the relegation zone all coming to a dramatic climax, most only heard about it after the event which was a shame and bad scheduling.

Gills v Charlton - good local derby. Softens the blow, slightly, of all the traveling GFC will have to do yet again next season. Understandable if PS joins the lobby for regionalising EFL 1 & 2 from 2021/22.

Gills v Charlton - good local derby. .

Steady on Lancs, i'ts not all over yet, both Sheffield W. and Derby are under investigation and could lose points giving both Charlton and Wigan a lifeline and Wigan's appeal although unlikely to be successful could go the other way, this is the EFL after all.