Charlton down ? | Vital Football

Charlton down ?

Looks like only another result can save them now and Wigan 12 point penalty staying in force .Which I think it will.

apparently apart from Wigan two other teams are facing possible points deductions (Derby and Sheff Weds).

I would not want to be a Nottingham Forest fan.

Lost 4-1 at home, including conceding an own goal in the 6th minute of injury time, while Swansea won 4-1 away, also scoring in injury time, to pip Forest to the play offs by one goal on goal difference. What a sickener.

Serves them right though for that goal that relegated us from the Championship all those years ago.

Last edited:
Annoying Sky putting Liv v Chelsea up against the climax of the Championship. Kept flicking between the two and missed most of the goals!
Forest the bottlejobs of the night.

Tonight has shown just how much the broadcasters focus on the premiership. All the real action and interest was in the championship yet we got just the one live game Liverpool v Chelsea. We should have had guaranteed coverage of the award of the premiership title and a rolling programme of championship coverage with at least one live game. If you had any illusions about how much our interests count in the current situation tonight blew them away.

Well done Barnsley, stunning escape.

Looking forward to our local derby with Charlton already, assuming we're allowed to go to the Valley by then. They deserved to get relegated, they've been poor along with Hull. It's Wigan I feel sorry for, been on a good run, moved up to 13th in table and still get relegated. Barnsley have been pulling out some good results too. winning at Brentford who only needed a win to get into the premiership, was an amazing result, deserved to stay up.

I would not want to be a Nottingham Forest fan.

Lost 4-1 at home, including conceding an own goal in the 6th minute of injury time, while Swansea won 4-1 away, also scoring in injury time, to pip Forest to the play offs by one goal on goal difference. What a sickener.

Serves them right though for that goal that relegated us from the Championship all those years ago.
"I would not want to be a Nottingham Forest fan."

I'm working with one tonight. Not a Happy man 🤣🤣🤣

Looking forward to our local derby with Charlton already, assuming we're allowed to go to the Valley by then. They deserved to get relegated, they've been poor along with Hull. It's Wigan I feel sorry for, been on a good run, moved up to 13th in table and still get relegated. Barnsley have been pulling out some good results too. winning at Brentford who only needed a win to get into the premiership, was an amazing result, deserved to stay up.
Wigan get relegated,why,loose 12 points still well clear,or have I missed something.

It’s rumoured Sheff Weds could get a 21 point deduction but you can imagine the EFL avoiding points deductions given the complicated nature of it. Good job defence lawyers!

There’s a possibility Charlton could be in administration come next payday, which would obviously lead to a points deduction next season.