Cowleys sacked | Page 6 | Vital Football

Cowleys sacked

What a shocking decision.

Saves them from relegation after starting with 1 point from 9 games. Not had a summer transfer window to really have his own squad.

We all said Huddersfield was an odd choice...

That’s hissy fits about budgets and departures from two clubs in 10 months. They’ll get a reputation if they’re not careful.

I can kind of understand the obsession with having them back here, as a large chunk of our fan base will have only known them as manager of Lincoln. But we’ve got an upgrade in Appleton for what we want (and need) to do, and we shouldn’t look back.

That publish in footballleagueworld is quite interesting in what' s not been said. Makes you wonder if the brothers were trying to force the chairman's hand one way or another by being critical so to either get him to put his hand in his pocket ( unlikely) or giving the chairman the opportunity to sack them due to differing ideas, thereby getting them out of that basket case of a club. Potentially quite cute that

Reading that and the chairman's statement, he clearly wants to return to the shit recruitment policy!

The 'not advertising' comment also suggests he has a replacement ready, as someone mentioned earlier, Wagner for a return?

I'd assume their contracts included good pay-off provisions the soften the blow of DC and NC being thoroughly shafted.

Their stock won't be too damaged by this - they actually achieved the season's objective and were set on better recruitement and clearing out the dead wood.

Hmmmm. Sacking was never really a part of their astronomical rise to the top was it.

Have they done enough to interest Bristol city or similar... teams that would want to be at the top end of the championship? Be very interested to see where they end up next.
seems to be following a similar path to Nathan Jones. Jump to ‘Big club’ with high expectations, Too high, too quick. Although imo, things would have to change drastically for cowleys to end up back with us.

They have entered the betting for the Birmingham job at 10/1, fourth favourites. I can't see that happening either, another club in a mess.

That is a strange decision obviously some differences between the Cowleys and the Chairman and there’s only going to be one winner. I wish them all the best in their next well deserved appointment. Part of Imps history

Meltdown on Radio Leeds at 5.00pm where some Huddersfield fans will demonstrate they believe they are going back to the Premier League and the rest and everyone else thinks there club is at risk of going down.

As for the Ipswich job, people need to remember they do have a manager at the moment....albeit an unpopular one, however I think they would be a good fit at Portman Road.

An unpopular manager who the Ipswich board saw fit to give a 5 year contract to straight after a certain 5-3 defeat.

So Lambert would be very expensive to replace at this juncture.

Then again, grant and cowley might both turn up at Bristol. Strange things always happening In football. Strange chairmen in the championship.

Living in Huddersfield as one would expect the rumour mill is in overdrive. Generally I try and tune out to Town fans because as has been pointed up thread they are a delusional bunch, with most still living in the Herbert Chapman era.

Obviously this piqued my interest and from what I can glean from the rumours, there are some quite outlandish ones that don't bear repeating. The departure may have more to do with budgets and how the club as an entirety was going to be run going forward, not on field activities, which was very much mission accomplished.

I for one don't think the Cowley's stock has been diminished by their foray in West Yorkshire and they will have plenty of suitors

For all their achievements at Sincil Bank its time to move on, it is a very different landscape now in LN1 from when they departed, in all respects.

Last edited: