Cowleys sacked | Vital Football

Cowleys sacked

Harsh. Handed a bucket of crap to sort out, but many felt it was the wrong club for him when he joined them. I can see the likes of Mansfield waving a cheque book in his face for the next few weeks.

Mental. What did they expect from them? Why do it 1 match before the end of the season too?

I expect they’ll rock up again in League 1 with 1 of the massive clubs here, Ipswich, Sunderland or Portsmouth next season some time should they ditch their managers.

Absurd decision. They inherited a nightmare situation and managed to keep them up with a game to spare. Bought well in January, with another transfer window they'd have been comfortably mid-table next season.

I'm sure they won't be out of work for long.

Pathetic decision by a classless club. Without allowing people time to develop their system and bring in their players teams will never evolve and move upwards. We are in a new era now with the big 🍎 at the helm. There is no need for us to change direction now although still very sad they left us and in the way it happened. A very lucky club will be getting a top management team very soon.

Extraordinary timing!

Chairman's acknowledges they've done the job they were asked to do but comments about 'different vision' and 'how ambition can be achieved'? In some respects echoes of when the Cowleys left us?

Wonder where next for them, wish them well. And relegation for Huddersfield next season.

Mental. What did they expect from them? Why do it 1 match before the end of the season too?

I expect they’ll rock up again in League 1 with 1 of the massive clubs here, Ipswich, Sunderland or Portsmouth next season some time should they ditch their managers.
Ipswich is a great shout: they know all about the Cowleys for obvious reasons, it is close to their native Essex, and they have a crap manager who has delivered their lowest league position since 1953.