Remaining fxtures | Page 8 | Vital Football

Remaining fxtures

Loooking at the remaining fixtures and trying to do some predictions based on who they play prior to the last day of the season to see heading into the final fixtures who is likely to be up for it and who will be on the beach.

Up for it:
Brentford vs Barnsley - Brentford will likely taking West Brom to the final day for 2nd automatic spot.

Cardiff vs Hull - Cardiff likely to still be sitting in the final play off place and will know a win will get them over a line.

Millwall vs Huddersfield - Millwall very likely taking Cardiff to final day of the season for last play off spot.

On the beach
Leeds vs Charlton - Leeds very likely already Champions the week before. The players will very possibly be all out partying. This has Wigan vs Barnsley last day of the season written all over it.

Luton vs Blackburn - Blackburn will be unable to get into the play offs, playing for nothing.

Forest vs Stoke - Forest will possibly have cemeneted 5th unable to go higher or lower so likely to rest players for the play offs.

Wigan vs Fulham - suspect Fulham could be 4th, unable to catch 3rd or be caught by 5th - the perfect position to rest players.

Sheff Wed vs Boro - Sheffield will be safe and playing for nothing.

So basically last day of the season Huddersfield, Hull and Barnsley will all have a tough game we can rely on their opponents turning up. While Chalrton, Luton, Stoke, Boro and ourselves will all be playing teams with nothing to play for, who may be resting players, fielding kids or be completely on the beach.

Between now and the end of the season we could really do with Leeds beating Barnsley for us then losing to Derby combined with a West Brom win to close the gap to make them need to turn up last day of the season against Charlton to cement the title.
No point worrying about anyone else. We need to win the last two and we survive. We’ve been on an incredible run. Ten clean sheets out of 11 is bloody brilliant. Keep Balagun and a Kipre fit and there is no reason why we can’t get those two wins we need. But let’s just concentrate on Charlton first and foremost

I wouldn't trust the EFL as far as i could throw them - but we are clearly having a good go at appealing it and due to the unusual circumstances i think we may have a chance. I hope we'll get it overturned but i'm not as confident as you.

Would be just like the EFL to hold back on the 12 pts now as we seem to be moving clear, just to be spiteful and punish us with a deduction for the start of next season.

Charltons win tonight means they are safe due to goal difference. Hope this helps us as they no longer have to throw everything at us to win.

Charltons win tonight means they are safe due to goal difference. Hope this helps us as they no longer have to throw everything at us to win.

Only 4 pts clear, 2 games to go. Not safe just yet. They could confirm safety with a win against us though

Jutkiewicz with a goal deep into stoppage time changes the game! Brilliant!

it was looking like Charlton would go into Saturday with a 4 point lead unable for us to jump them now a win puts us above them!

What a midweek set of results. One less day of rest and mentally on the floor for Charlton now - come on Latics let's fucking make this happen!

We will win them both. That squad have the bit between their teeth and have been let down badly with these crooks. They feel it too. Most of our past players feel it. Ellington, Roberts, Captain Boycey are all gobsmacked and when giving comment refer to the club as we. Every present player feels this. Not like us lot but in a different passionate way. They will give anything to beat this injustice and will burst a gut to win these last two. Many will move on but with special memories and they in turn will refer to Latics as 'we'.

positive result between Hull and Luton ( preferably Luton ) and we win Saturday should do it.

Not sure if Huddersfield get another point either.

Big equaliser for us tonight...makes a big difference.

I’m still convinced we won’t be deducted points this season, but assuming the worst then looking at the fixtures Leeds will most likely wrap up promotion Sunday afternoon. The chances of them being in any condition to play Wednesday night I’d say is remote. You’d fancy Charlton in that one.

Huddersfield potentially have two tough fixtures. West Brom have to win, a draw is no good to them. Should Millwall take the play off race till the last day then what a tough fixture that is as Millwall would need to win it.

Hull as we saw are woeful. How the players or manager pick themselves up in a few days for another six pointer I’m not sure. Luton should win that if they have the courage to do so. With the last game against Blackburn you’d fancy them to pick up a full six points from their last two fixtures. I can’t see hull taking anything in Cardiff. I can’t see Barnsley getting enough either.

So many variables but I’ll suggest Barnsley and Hull take two spots. As for the last, or how many points it’ll take 🤷🏻‍♂️

This time of the season any thing can happen we should know this with our great escapes in the prem days Hull more than likely beat Luton Think. Huddersfield are the ones in big danger. Think they play on Friday.

This time of the season any thing can happen we should know this with our great escapes in the prem days Hull more than likely beat Luton Think. Huddersfield are the ones in big danger. Think they play on Friday.

Huddesfield!
John,
do you think they might get relegated?

Gonna come out and say it will be Hull, Barnsley, and Huddersfield for the drop, got a feeling Luton will win their next two games and Charlton will beat Leeds after losing to us, here's hoping!

I think best result for us is maybe a Hull win on Saturday as they have a much tougher game on the final day than Luton. If they draw and then both win their final game they could both jump us if we lost one of our final games and won the other. One taking 3 points means assuming we win 1 of our 2 the other definitely finish below us.

I think Charlton have a very good chance of catching Leeds on a day all their players have been out partying so I don't think we can rely on Leeds doing us a favour.

Huddersfield are in trouble.

But we just need to do our bit and nothing else matters.

I think best result for us is maybe a Hull win on Saturday as they have a much tougher game on the final day than Luton. If they draw and then both win their final game they could both jump us if we lost one of our final games and won the other. One taking 3 points means assuming we win 1 of our 2 the other definitely finish below us.

I think Charlton have a very good chance of catching Leeds on a day all their players have been out partying so I don't think we can rely on Leeds doing us a favour.

Huddersfield are in trouble.

But we just need to do our bit and nothing else matters.
Can’t see Bielsa letting his players go wild until the season is done and dusted