Remaining fxtures | Page 7 | Vital Football

Remaining fxtures

Luton been awful apparently. Gifted a goal from a penalty but QPR getting more on top. Hopefully they can grab a goal as Luton tire.

For four more days we are BACK OUT OF THE BOTTOM THREE!!!

With Luton playing Hull on Saturday this means that whatever happens in that game on Saturday, it should go to the last day due to our goal difference, unless we lose and Barnsley win their next two games.

Last edited:
For four more days we are BACK OUT OF THE BOTTOM THREE!!!

With Luton playing Hull on Saturday this means that whatever happens Saturday, it will go to the last day due to our goal difference.
If Luton and Hull draw and we beat Charlton we are safe

Everyone has a hard game last game - I can’t see Birmingham doing us any favours - it’s not going to be easy

Huddersfield have to play WBA and Millwall, who both need to win, for autos and play offs. Will be some effort to finish above 48 for them. If Charlton fail to win tomorrow and we get at least a draw, then I think they will not go past 48.

Hull play Luton, so that if a draw could wipe each other out. Luton look tired, Blackburn at home on the final day is a must win and Blackburn have pace on the attack which Luton struggle with.

Sheff Wed in effect on 44 points, Fulham away next and then Middlesbrough on the final day.

If we win 1 more game I think we could be ok if the worst was to happen with points off.

I said a few weeks ago Huddersfield would be there abouts and with 2 tough games they could be the shock team to drop

Looking at remaining fixtures come last day of the season and number of teams season could be over as they mathematically seal or miss out on play offs and automatic promotion - so come the final day if Leeds are champions and all their players are out on the piss like ours were against Barnsley a couple of years ago Charlton could do them.

Blackburn, Millwall and Cardiff may all have missed out on play offs so Luton, Huddersfield and Hull may be playing a team of kids on the beach. While Fulham may be trying to pip Brentford for 3rd to get home advantage in the play off second leg.

So we can't take any other fixtures for our rivals as safe bets.

I think we need to win both as i think all the rivals could pull out a win each and go to 48, 49, 50 and 51 points and we can only get max 51 with the points deduction.

Loooking at the remaining fixtures and trying to do some predictions based on who they play prior to the last day of the season to see heading into the final fixtures who is likely to be up for it and who will be on the beach.

Up for it:
Brentford vs Barnsley - Brentford will likely taking West Brom to the final day for 2nd automatic spot.

Cardiff vs Hull - Cardiff likely to still be sitting in the final play off place and will know a win will get them over a line.

Millwall vs Huddersfield - Millwall very likely taking Cardiff to final day of the season for last play off spot.

On the beach
Leeds vs Charlton - Leeds very likely already Champions the week before. The players will very possibly be all out partying. This has Wigan vs Barnsley last day of the season written all over it.

Luton vs Blackburn - Blackburn will be unable to get into the play offs, playing for nothing.

Forest vs Stoke - Forest will possibly have cemeneted 5th unable to go higher or lower so likely to rest players for the play offs.

Wigan vs Fulham - suspect Fulham could be 4th, unable to catch 3rd or be caught by 5th - the perfect position to rest players.

Sheff Wed vs Boro - Sheffield will be safe and playing for nothing.

So basically last day of the season Huddersfield, Hull and Barnsley will all have a tough game we can rely on their opponents turning up. While Chalrton, Luton, Stoke, Boro and ourselves will all be playing teams with nothing to play for, who may be resting players, fielding kids or be completely on the beach.

Between now and the end of the season we could really do with Leeds beating Barnsley for us then losing to Derby combined with a West Brom win to close the gap to make them need to turn up last day of the season against Charlton to cement the title.

This is the Championship, the home of the unpredictable. I'll be gutted/furious, but not surprised if Barnsley somehow pull off a win at Elland Road.