Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 89 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

Taylor's been playing quite well. True pro. Ready to step in when needed. Trez has been known to score the odd critical goal for us. They're not the problem.

They themselves are not the problem but the their presence in the squad speaks volumes for the lack of quality we have. Trezeguet is meant to be our first choice winger but he's never been a fixture because he's just not the standard required. Taylor would be an adequate back up in the championship, just. That we're needing them to keep us in this league says exactly why we're leaving it through the trapdoor.

I bloody hope that win gives the manager and players confidence. Playing before the West Ham/Watford game I also hope we remain positive - oh and VAR will play its part as usual with Villa. Add in a Thursday KO at 5.30pm behind closed doors. Interesting game ahead

If we beat Everton, we are still behind Watford and West Ham (no matter the result), so while everyone is clutching at straws, we are not 1/10 to stay up for nothing.

Reality is gents, we're on our way back to the Championship. I've come to terms with it and I won't be fooled into hoping for a miracle (again)

With the squad we have now we will struggle to come strait back up we don't have enough goals in us and I can't see Wesley. Davies and samatta getting too many between them so unless Barry is chucked in the first team and hits the ground running then it's gunna be another few years of doom and gloom can't see the owners hanging about and continuing to throw many in to it when it's going nowhere

If we were in some kind of form, yeah absolutely. But winning two out of three games and then going to West Ham and beating them too with bloody Trezeguet and Neil Taylor? It's not going to happen.

Really appreciated your optimism though.
This is the kind of stuff I and others have been posting to you Idgavfc.
Whats happened mate, have you finally run out of happy pills.

With the squad we have now we will struggle to come strait back up we don't have enough goals in us and I can't see Wesley. Davies and samatta getting too many between them so unless Barry is chucked in the first team and hits the ground running then it's gunna be another few years of doom and gloom can't see the owners hanging about and continuing to throw many in to it when it's going nowhere

Why? We are in a far better position than last time we went down and I would guess a new striker would be top of our wish list.
I’m not sure Wesley will be fit to start the season so hopefully we get Dwight Gayle or someone similar.

If we beat Everton, we are still behind Watford and West Ham (no matter the result), so while everyone is clutching at straws, we are not 1/10 to stay up for nothing.

Reality is gents, we're on our way back to the Championship. I've come to terms with it and I won't be fooled into hoping for a miracle (again)
Not everyone is clutching at straws "Merd", we are gone mate.
If their goal had stood after 6 minutes we would have collapsed.
Palace have lost their way and provided no opposition to speak of, and I just cannot understand the hope on here that we will suddenly do what we havent been able to do all season. Win Games.

There are an awful lot of 'what ifs', with 3 games each left, but without going through all the possibilities is, firstly, if we beat Everton, then it is highly likely that we will be in a last day shoot-out. Secondly, there are statistically more possibilities that a draw between Watford and West Ham is the better result for us to avoid the drop, rather than there being an outright winner. Thirdly if Bournemouth win 2 of their last three games we are unlikely to catch them.

But clearly all that matters for now is what happens at Goodison, although it might help just a little bit if City score a shedload on Wednesday night.

Not everyone is clutching at straws "Merd", we are gone mate.
If their goal had stood after 6 minutes we would have collapsed.
Palace have lost their way and provided no opposition to speak of, and I just cannot understand the hope on here that we will suddenly do what we havent been able to do all season. Win Games.
Agree. In fact watching the highlights although nice to see us win you half feel the players and Smith know their fate.
Everton away and arsenal home are hardly happy hunting grounds for points . It would probably be up there with the Albion great escape but we just aren't good enough to do it.