What’s going on? | Page 45 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

He wanted out and concocted a way to do it without damaging his or IEC's reputation in the Hong Kong. Fucking us over in the process. A fit and proper owner would have waited until the end of the season, then publicly announced that we were for sale, whilst kept the bills paid until the club was sold. Yes we'd have had to sell players in the summer (for their proper value rather than the pound shop prices we'll get now, but we'd still have our Championship status and we'd still have 75 good people in employment.

I would imagine that they've/he's done it in a way whereby they also make IEC one of the club's major creditors so they get as much of their money back as possible through administration or if it goes belly up - I read the BBC mentioned that yesterday or the day before but all I've heard from the administrators is they don't know if that IEC loan was ever paid out or paid back

It's the timing of everything that is the fly in the ointment with this theory. A couple more weeks of subbing the club & they would have picked up that PL money & could have flogged all the players at something approaching their true worth rather than bargain bucket prices. Plus the EFL prize money & could have tried to sell a Championship club.
Wanting out & trying to protect their losses is the most sensible explanation but it looks illogical when you consider the above factors

Administrators make statement on Latics site.
They acknowledge this is a very special club and full of praise for everything being done.
No news on anything takeover wise yet.
See site for full transcript

Perfectly right C_Latic.

I have said from the start of this that it doesn't make sense to put the club in administration. If as Choi says the club is in a loss making situation and requires capital injections to sustain its day to day running then the best option would have been to sell assets, in other words players. By placing the club into administration Au Yeung has seriously devalued the assets, he has devalued the club itself and if we go down reduced its other income stream from TV rights.

Had he loaned the club the estimated six million to trade the business to the end of the season he could then have cashed in on the sales of Gelhardt, estimated 3-5 million, and Robinson, 8-10 million and still had the TV revenue to come. Which he could have taken out of the club to pay the Directors loan account. On top of that he would still have had the opportunity to sell a mid table championship club instead of possibly a struggling league one outfit.

Complete and utter business madness.
There is more to this than meets the eye. Will we ever get to the bottom of it? Probably not.

With the b******* I've seen spouted from Au Yeung and Choi in the last few days,I actually wouldn't be surprised if Choi lost our club in a bloody poker game to Au Yeung!
Yes I was thinking the same thing. Choi, after Au Yeung throws his car keys and his business into the pot, says I’ll raise you my shares in Next Leader Fund. Choi loses the game and Au Yeung says “f*ck that” I’m not pumping in £9m a year so I’ll try and get as much cash as quickly as I can.

Last edited:
Haha. With the way the world is at the moment it would also make the front page of every national newspaper and spark riots across the world. I think I’ll give that one a miss.
Great exposure for the club though - piss boiling the world 🤣

Not sure calling Chinese people "***********" falls into the piss boiling category.

No need for that when we are trying to fight a campaign and painting the club and fans in a good light.

But I came here to mention a rumour that we now have 6 interested parties, think I saw it on Nixon's twitter? Can anyone shed some light?

Not sure calling Chinese people "***********" falls into the piss boiling category.

No need for that when we are trying to fight a campaign and painting the club and fans in a good light.
Every need for that when the chips are down pal call it out as it is - should we accept the wrong that has been done and not retaliate? the truth is tough sometimes - nice kids don't get sweets - roll up yr sleeves and scrap for our future or repent at leisure with no Tics to follow for the rest of days.
Then again as you have confirmed an affinity with the rugby guess it's only 50% important to you ?

Every need for that when the chips are down pal call it out as it is - should we accept the wrong that has been done and not retaliate? the truth is tough sometimes - nice kids don't get sweets - roll up yr sleeves and scrap for our future or repent at leisure with no Tics to follow for the rest of days.
Then again as you have confirmed an affinity with the rugby guess it's only 50% important to you ?
When you’re on your back don’t start punching. Good night.

EDIT: There are plenty of people who support both rugby and football. As evidenced in the last few days. And being a person not from Wigan and having family supporting both the Warriors and Latics I’m not in a position to have a favourite. I love the town and the people. The passion and the pride from the town is magnificent.

Time to get together and make sure we survive for the sake of the brilliant people I have met when in Wigan. Solidarity to you Hampton! Hopefully the hangover won’t be too bad tomorrow.

Last edited:

If the only course of action that you have in retaliation is to resort to racist chants then excuse that as ironic then maybe the irony of our players taking the knee against racism then having our fans chanting this type of thing is wasted on you.

As for being 50% important, I also have a afinnity with the rugby and think that Latics plight is 100% important to me as is calling out racism wherever it is.

Notice I rrsisted the temptation to say that that statement was a bloody stupid inclusion in the current climate so as not to offend, but as you say the truth is tough sometimes.

I think you aren't aware but there are quite a number of Chinese & other races who are long standing season ticket holders. Would you want to alienate them?
Please do not confuse race with a person's character.

Last edited:
I think you aren't aware but there are quite a number of Chinese & other races who are long standing season ticket holders. Would you want to alienate them?

How do you know there's quite a number of long standing Chinese season ticket holders ?... don't think I've ever seen ANY Chinese at ANY of our matches ( including those little bastards who were in charge ).

It's like me just making summat up to support my narrative along the lines of " we have lots of long standing Aborigines season ticket holders ".

How do you know there's quite a number of long standing Chinese season ticket holders ?... don't think I've ever seen ANY Chinese at ANY of our matches ( including those little bastards who were in charge ).

It's like me just making summat up to support my narrative along the lines of " we have lots of long standing Aborigines season ticket holders ".
Sorry I would never try to argue with a deep rooted racist.