Summer 2020 transfers | Page 13 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Regarding Drmic, I don’t know for sure but it wouldn’t actually surprise me. I know that in the new contracts last summer, most of our regular XI were moved on to PL level wages like £40k per week. That is still low for the PL so for Drmic to sign on a free transfer, a player that cost €10m four years ago, it wouldn’t surprise me...

Something just to put on this forum.

A few of you know I'm trained as a scout and have a couple of scouting mates ... one told me last night in a general chit chat that norwich had been scouting Liverpool youngsters and Lewis was top target of palace.

Just thought I'd put up on here. Could be bull but no idea why he'd make stuff up .

Just read on other site that Spuds want Aarons but Mourinho isn't overly keen because of Aaron's height. Levy is keen however.

We are close to signing Jacob Lungi Sorensen from Danish side Esbjerg FB.

He is a 22-year-old defensive midfielder who can also play at centre-half. So hopefully he will not bee seen as a defender like Amadou was. If he is a defensive midfielder then play him there

That will mean we have - Sitti, Tettey, Thompson, Gilmour, Trybull and Sorensen all at the club who are defensive midfielders - the numbers don't add up.

Thompson has struggled for fitness and didn’t play at Shrewsbury even when fit. Gilmour I haven’t seen play so can’t judge. Tettey will surely be back-up as he is now in his 35th year and Sitti is very young to expect him to start in the Championship straight off. Trybull will, I assume, continue in the squad which means this new lad could be a new first-teamer. There will definitely be loans for some of our players

Trybull - not good enough for this level but decent squad player for championship

Tettey experienced head and will go back to 1 game 1 rest in championship

Thompson as you say injuries and lack of games will either mean selling/loaning. DF does rate him though. AN saw Thompson as good cover for the RB role so maybe DF will keep around for that....Plus he is homegrown.

Sitti is probably seem as the new starter if he does well in preseason and stays fit.

Gilmour should either be given a go with us next season or loaned to a league 1 side.

Another big summer coming up

I had heard of Matthew Dennis back in June but thought it was rubbish. He spoke about how he was leaving Arsneal for a 'big move' which made me think it wasn't us :-)

He is a right back and can also play right wing. I think with Aarons probably leaving he will be competing with Byram for the RB role.

I also saw the report about how wages will be slashed by 50% when we get relegated - That can't be true - would players have signed for that when we were favourites to go down :-)

Are we confident Webber will get the right players in for a push back to the prem?

He has had some good ones but man he was very poor this season with signings.
biggest problem is that we have too many weedy, shrug of the ball players. The majority of the opposition have a fair share of baulky players . You definitely need them in the prem and they are a very big help in 2nd division.

Apparently Sheffield United want Cantwell and are to offer 10 million for him. Surely he is worth more than that

Norwich slap £50 million on Godfrey. After this season I would have thought it was more around 25 million. Probably done to warn off clubs unless they really want him.

biggest problem is that we have too many weedy, shrug of the ball players. The majority of the opposition have a fair share of baulky players . You definitely need them in the prem and they are a very big help in 2nd division.
Agreed - when the going gets tough a few of our players don't get stuck in. I saw Aarons, Tettey, Vrancic, Lewis and Pukki all pull out of tackles yesterday