Who's ready to admit | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who's ready to admit

Both benitez & doubtfire are both dinosaurs in todays game but personally prefer to watch this fkn shower under the present incumbent than the little Spaniard.Both have been complicit in signing up to fatties regime.Any manager with any sense wouldn't have touched us.
Your last line sums it up Pie,let's hope the takeover's imminent & there's a fkn cull including cabbageheed & the rest of the mediocrity.
If it doesn't happen there could be a riot.
Hope everyone has a safe Saturday & johnson crawls back under his stone.

If we're talking about those who've done well under the remit of Ashley nobody has done better than Pardew. Doesn't mean I think he's a good manager though.

I think Pardew got lucky with a cracking first 11 mate. A top manager would have been challenging for the title with that squad. Cabaye and Tiote in the middle for example. World class. Great players right through the side for that season.

It's quite simple really - Dubravka, Luck and ASM! Without those and SDU would be in the bottom three without a doubt. We shall see next season when Ashliar is still here and Dubravka and ASM are sold for £50m each.

I think Pardew got lucky with a cracking first 11 mate. A top manager would have been challenging for the title with that squad. Cabaye and Tiote in the middle for example. World class. Great players right through the side for that season.

That season was when I first joined here - I was a lone voice stating that the squad wasnt anywhere near as bad as the majority were making out

Most on here were still making a big deal about the Carroll money not being spent and the likes of Cabeye and Tiote were seen as just cheap Ashley imports

To now make out in hindsight that that squad should have been challenging for the title is funny as fuck to be honest CTM

Pardews reward for getting us into Europe the next season was Anita - one first team signing to strengthen a squad fighting in an extra competition

Shortly after is when Ashley started selling the top players without replacing them and the mugs started to call for Pardews head

It still continues to this day - supporting a manager or slating a manager who has absolutely no say on the success of Newcastle United

Season after season of blaming the wrong bloke or blowing smoke up Rafas hoop have let Ashley off the hook for years

You beat me to it mac !

All that's left for me to ask is If Pardew was lucky with the first 11 who gets the accolades for bringing them in.

I think Bruce has done ok, he fits Ashley's requirements perfectly in that he does as he's told and there's no more ambition than finishing 17th. Suspect that if they're both still around for the new season it will be a big flirtation with going down through a combination of Ashley cashing in on the players and Bruce's managerial limitations. They've already started in the usual way giving the likes of Carroll getting a new contract.

Linton is a dud for the money we paid, Gayle is Championship and Carroll will always have fitness problems and is past his best.
Bruce has done ok, nothing more and is not the Manager to take us further. Add to this Masters is incompetent and a third choice for the job

For what it's worth I said it at the time although few agreed. My view was that Pardew was handling a great set of footballers badly.
High praise indeed CT,Ashley will be patting himself on the back.
I'd rather admit Pardew did well :grinning:
Danny Simpson aside,did any of his squad go on to bigger and better things under a different manager ?

Joelinton is fairly shit infront of goal but his hold up play isn't too bad - I dare say Bruce would have liked to play Carroll more but his fitness has obviously been a problem

Gayle is probably the best finisher at the club. We all knew Carroll would be back up, he will be next season as well but Theres only so long you can stick with an out of form striker. If he even is a striker

As I recall that season wasn't as glamorous as it's made out to be. Rode their luck for at least half the games.

Season after season of blaming the wrong bloke or blowing smoke up Rafas hoop have let Ashley off the hook for years

Let off the hook by who? The people who know who's at fault or the people who turn up regardless? Just because people are having a football conversation about managers or tactics doesn't mean they don't know who the problem is.

High praise indeed CT,Ashley will be patting himself on the back.
I'd rather admit Pardew did well :grinning:
Danny Simpson aside,did any of his squad go on to bigger and better things under a different manager ?

Barring Danny not a huge amount.

Players who went on to win things post Pardew :

Cabaye: Joined PSG, played Champions League, won the French League twice, cup once and the french league cup twice, joined Palace and played in the Fa Cup final.

Hatem Ben Arfa: Joined Nice then PSG where he won three cups, then moved to Rennes where he won another.

Jose Enrique: Liverpool where he won the league cup and played in an Fa cup final.

Demba Ba: Played Champions League for Chelsea, won the title win Beskitas in more recent years.

Moussa Sissoko: Tottenham: Champion League runners up medal,was voted one of the Champions League Squad of the season.

Andy Carroll: Liverpool league cup winner and Fa cup finalist medal .

Fraser Forster: Won the league several times with Celtic, as well as sveral cups and featured in their Champions League campaigns.

Very shocked nothing that there's nothing for James Perch or Shefki Kuqi ! Obviously Chieck Tiote won the death pool .

Pretty decent results for the squad then. Me I thought Cabaye and Tiote at their best complimented each other rather well. The whole was more than the sum of the parts. Cisse had a mad half season too, everything he touched turned to gold.

I think Sissoko joined the season after the 'lucky'5th place finish' and Carroll left the season before Keggy,which was my not so obvious point,but spot on.

And RIP Chieck.
Even if you got to smash a left footed volley in front of 52,000 fanatical supporters to equalise in a game where your team had been 4-0 down,30 years old is nowt.

I’m not convinced Bruce is this ‘nice guy’ everyone talks about either, he’s obviously very pally with all the pundits and his best mate’s Allardyce, a supreme arsehole. He also has a history of breaking contracts and shitting on clubs he’s managed.
I think he’s got a bit of luck in the fact this year has been as poor a standard in the Premier League as I can remember and ASM has hit form. He’s nothing more than a journeyman manager perfect for Ashley and has proved that consistently over the years, he’s incapable of building anything before he’s found out or jumped ship to the next poor club.
He is however a great author of fiction and I expected us relegated, I’ll begrudgingly give him that.