Writing Off false hope and Real hope! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Writing Off false hope and Real hope!

Hey, big boy, I was merely well lubricated last night (:oops:).

Did you try logging into the Club website on your telly (via t' interweb)? Either that, or try casting it from your phone. Though that was supposed to be disabled, I'm sure I read that it had actually worked for some folk,

Regardless, we'll hold your hand. ........again.
;)

Cheers pal. Watch this space.

There’s a thread on twitter (i’ll Let Moonay post it, he likes that sort of stuff 😉) written by a leading sports barrister. His opinion is there may well be a chance the penalty should be delayed given the circumstances of this case (fraud, betting scandal, lack of effective ownership and directors test) whilst an investigation is carried out. Suggests the FA may have to step in if the efl don’t act as otherwise they would be facilitating large scale corruption in sport and the club and employees would have an excellent legal case to sue.

Edit. Of course it’s twitter so could be bollocks and this chap an imposter.

Edit. Of course it’s twitter so could be bollocks and this chap an imposter.

See.......I only c&p kosher stuff
;)

I think I might have seen it and didn't think of posting it cos I wasn't sure who he was. Will have a look later.

Was obviously typing at same time! I think they still do the checks regardless- they can’t stop someone owning a company, that’s beyond their purview, but what they can do is stop that company competing in its leagues.

That's my whole point MiW, the EFL couldn't prevent Choi / Au Yeung doing what they've done even if they wanted to, all they could do is prevent Wigan competing in the league, something Choi / Au Yeung don't give 2 ***** about given that they've just walked away. Blaming the EFL for what's happened is as pointless (for us, in this particular case) as blaming the Royal Pharmaceutical society, The UK Roundabout Appreciation Society or Melton Mowbray pork pie association.

I see what you mean Arthur .............. I'd never thought of it that way. You don't really think about the owner not giving a shit about whether or not his club is thrown out of the league !

I see what you mean Arthur .............. I'd never thought of it that way. You don't really think about the owner not giving a shit about whether or not his club is thrown out of the league !

Exactly Moonay, in my OPINION there is nothing the EFL could have done to prevent this so lets not waste money (appointing lawyers etc), effort and emotion on it. Lets focus solely on survival and the future.

That's my whole point MiW, the EFL couldn't prevent Choi / Au Yeung doing what they've done even if they wanted to, all they could do is prevent Wigan competing in the league, something Choi / Au Yeung don't give 2 ***** about given that they've just walked away. Blaming the EFL for what's happened is as pointless (for us, in this particular case) as blaming the Royal Pharmaceutical society, The UK Roundabout Appreciation Society or Melton Mowbray pork pie association.

Well you answered your own point there. They didn’t stop us competing in the league, they endorsed the owners by saying they were suitable to run the club and allowed us to carry on.

Well you answered your own point there. They didn’t stop us competing in the league, they endorsed the owners by saying they were suitable to run the club and allowed us to carry on.

... and what difference has that made in us being placed in administration and facing extinction. If anything the EFL's rank incompetence helped us as they could just as easily have suspended our membership if they'd done their job properly but that would have made no difference to Choi / Au Yeung. We'd still be in this exact same position.

Exactly Moonay, in my OPINION there is nothing the EFL could have done to prevent this so lets not waste money (appointing lawyers etc), effort and emotion on it. Lets focus solely on survival and the future.

That’s incorrect. The terminology is probably getting mixed up. The checks are there to prevent unsuitable owners ‘owning clubs’. ‘Owning clubs’ should read competing in their leagues. Effectively if the club can’t compete there’s no point owning it.

That’s incorrect. The terminology is probably getting mixed up. The checks are there to prevent unsuitable owners ‘owning clubs’. ‘Owning clubs’ should read competing in their leagues. Effectively if the club can’t compete there’s no point owning it.

MiW, you are reinforcing my opinion, Choi / Au Yeung didn't want a football club, they just wanted out to save their money. They don't care about EFL membership. They've legally changed ownership of limited companies, that's all they've done.

MiW, you are reinforcing my opinion, Choi / Au Yeung didn't want a football club, they just wanted out to save their money. They don't care about EFL membership. They've legally changed ownership of limited companies, that's all they've done.

Yes they’ve done that - but they were also deemed suitable people to own a club whilst we competed. They allowed that. They allowed games to be played, affecting integrity, other teams standings, prospects etc.

... and what difference has that made in us being placed in administration and facing extinction. If anything the EFL's rank incompetence helped us as they could just as easily have suspended our membership if they'd done their job properly but that would have made no difference to Choi / Au Yeung. We'd still be in this exact same position.

They could have suspended us, or they could have flagged it as a matter of concern but allowed it to happen for a number of reasons and been transparent about it. They didn’t. They deemed everything hunky dory.

I'm not sure I agree with you re not appointing lawyers .................. given that the administrators have already done so suggests they think there's something worthwhile being looked at. ........just not the change in ownership.

I guess we'll soon see.

They could have suspended us, or they could have flagged it as a matter of concern but allowed it to happen for a number of reasons and been transparent about it. They didn’t. They deemed everything hunky dory.

... and how did that affect our current predicament ? ... and how could the EFL have prevented our current predicament ?

I actually run a limited company, in fact I'm in the process of winding it down (thanks HMRC / Covid). I could sell it to you if you like. Any clubs / professional societies that my company is a member of (E.g IPSE) might say MiW is not fit to be the owner of a company that is part of our membership, but that could in no way prevent me selling the limited company to you though.
PS, I'm open to offers, the company has zero current income, zero income prospects for the foreseeable, a reasonable bank balance, most of which is owed to HMRC

I'm not sure I agree with you re not appointing lawyers .................. given that the administrators have already done so suggests they think there's something worthwhile being looked at. ........just not the change in ownership.

I guess we'll soon see.

Time will tell on that one Moonay, hopefully it's not wasted money by administrators passing work to their mates.

... and how did that affect our current predicament ? ... and how could the EFL have prevented our current predicament ?

I actually run a limited company, in fact I'm in the process of winding it down (thanks HMRC / Covid). I could sell it to you if you like. Any clubs / professional societies that my company is a member of (E.g IPSE) might say MiW is not fit to be the owner of a company that is part of our membership, but that could in no way prevent me selling the limited company to you though.
PS, I'm open to offers, the company has zero current income, zero income prospects for the foreseeable, a reasonable bank balance, most of which is owed to HMRC

I’m not saying you can’t sell, I’m not saying the efl can’t prevent sales I’m saying they can prevent you competing which completely nullifies the affect of any sale if that business is instantly rendered worthless (ignore assets).

By giving their endorsement to it they’ve affected share prices of other companies, clubs, affected other businesses who are creditors, the leagues integrity and so on and on.

I’m not saying you can’t sell, I’m not saying the efl can’t prevent sales I’m saying they can prevent you competing which completely nullifies the affect of any sale if that business is instantly rendered worthless (ignore assets).

By giving their endorsement to it they’ve affected share prices of other companies, clubs, affected other businesses who are creditors, the leagues integrity and so on and on.

Agree with all the MiW, but none of that helps us. I'm talking about WAFC and the apparent laying of blame at the feet of the EFL for something that they couldn't control. It;s pointless.