Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation | Page 6 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation

Shame it never worked out for Ellis really. For me I’m not sure what his best position was.

i like my centre midfielders to be able to tackle but he didn’t seem capable of that.

Maybe a wide left role would suit him better as he set up a few goals playing left wing back for chesterfield when he was on loan there

Not sure that he is Div 1 standard frankly - not seen that special talent that a number of people see in him - saw Dennis Law at 16 play for Hudds Town and that was special talent.

I think he may have benefited with another loan spell last season. He’s a tidy footballer, and very young so he has chance to develop.

However he would have to come back significantly better, if he wanted a first team spot for a League 1 side.

Rumour that Chris Brunt seen up The Bail with a certain Mr Appleton - just showing the him the sights of the City and having a take away Indian from Castle View Indian Cuisine

Should we expect bargains this summer? Appleton will have had a lot of scouting time and time to make contact with people who are available.

Hopefully no panic ‘name’ signings.

Should we expect bargains this summer? Appleton will have had a lot of scouting time and time to make contact with people who are available.

Hopefully no panic ‘name’ signings.

To be fair, I suppose we're lucky that Appleton doesn't seem the type to panic, and also has a vast contact list which I'm sure he'll dig into to bring some gems in.

Shame it never worked out for Ellis really. For me I’m not sure what his best position was.

i like my centre midfielders to be able to tackle but he didn’t seem capable of that.

Maybe a wide left role would suit him better as he set up a few goals playing left wing back for chesterfield when he was on loan there
Remember watching Ellis in the Wednesday pre season game last season and thinking he looked really good
He started that season well but got sent off v Cambridge?
He went off in loan to Chesterfield but by the time he came back we'd become a settled squad and overloaded with midfielders
You look back on moments in a player's career and wonder what if?

If MA doesn’t fancy Chapman, with his preference for younger talent - not sure he sees him as good enough. Time will tell.

A Twitter site EFLTRANSFERTALK, is linking us with Aaron Martin, central defender just released by Exeter and Morgan Feeney another defender let go by Everton.

The site seems to be one which picks up questions from supporters and makes a link with little or no substance but a couple to possibly watch

Don't see that losing Ellis is a great loss. He might have been talked up by managers and some supporters, but those managers have never seen fit to give him any extended game time in the first team. I remember watching him in 2 or 3 FA Youth Cup games where he should have been one of the best players on the pitch, certainly in a Lincoln shirt. He never was however and I came away from all of those quite underwhelmed by him.

That said he is still young, has a chance to develop further and may well make a good career out of the game somewhere.

A Twitter site EFLTRANSFERTALK, is linking us with Aaron Martin, central defender just released by Exeter and Morgan Feeney another defender let go by Everton.

The site seems to be one which picks up questions from supporters and makes a link with little or no substance but a couple to possibly watch
Martin played for Oxford - 2016 to 2018 so that’s a link but he’s 30 and been playing in league 2.
Feeney is more the type of player MA looks for England under 19, 21 years old.

Rumour that Chris Brunt seen up The Bail with a certain Mr Appleton - just showing the him the sights of the City and having a take away Indian from Castle View Indian Cuisine

Can't tell if this is a Dwight Yorke/Michael Bridges at the Bentley Hotel type rumour haha

Martin played for Oxford - 2016 to 2018 so that’s a link but he’s 30 and been playing in league 2.
Feeney is more the type of player MA looks for England under 19, 21 years old.
Martin was also complete pants on Monday in the playoff final. Involved in at least 2 Northampton goals

It would be nice to see Walker and Bridcutt back, but are those realistic? John-Jules has unfinished business, so I would like to see him given a full season.

Bridcutt would be great but I think he'd have to make the concession on wages so I wouldn't expect any announcements with him this week. More likely to see what other offers come in before committing himself, but the longer that goes on the chances of his return will increase.

Walker will be sold by Forest I expect and the reality is that puts him out of our budget. Probably end up at Posh if they shift Toney on for a decent wedge.

John-Jules might return on loan as could Coventry.

O'Hara is mooted on the twitter link again and if that comes off he would be a good standard first choice keeper, but we'd need a decent back up as he's still got I think 5 games to run on a suspension.

O'Hara is mooted on the twitter link again and if that comes off he would be a good standard first choice keeper, but we'd need a decent back up as he's still got I think 5 games to run on a suspension.
Very good keeper for this level, he would be a step up for us.

Very good keeper for this level, he would be a step up for us.

His performance against us at Macclesfield was one of the best I've seen from a lower league keeper ( although he did have a little flap which allowed us to get the winner) and he has progressed well since