Favourite films... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Favourite films...

Have you got Amazon Prime? Just started watching a series called Bosch. He's a cop but does things his own way.

If not Mindhunter on Netflix is good.

Yes, Mindhunter is excellent I agree, we're currently working our way through Hinterland, which isn't bad.

I'm not sure where you can find it to stream, but Whiplash is a good film too (watched it on a plane last year). Very intense film about an elite music school, a drummer attending the establishment and the teacher who is terrifying in his pursuit of perfection.

I'm not sure where you can find it to stream, but Whiplash is a good film too (watched it on a plane last year). Very intense film about an elite music school, a drummer attending the establishment and the teacher who is terrifying in his pursuit of perfection.

Yes, great little film!

Dark Star. A pretty wild 70s comedy pre-cursor to Alien (I think Dan O'Bannon worked on both). Well worth a look, if only for the talking bomb.

Missisippi Burning, still as relevant today as it was when it was made. Hackmann in full on badass mode

On a similar theme, see Rod Steiger in the excellent In The Heat Of The Night.

Sidney Poitier absolutely excellent as well, of course.

I’ve just watched a bio on BBC i player called “Marvellous” about a guy, Neil Baldwin who became the kit man for Stoke City under Lou Macari in the 90’s. Really uplifting feel good film with a few cameo performances,and well worth a watch

I’ve just watched a bio on BBC i player called “Marvellous” about a guy, Neil Baldwin who became the kit man for Stoke City under Lou Macari in the 90’s. Really uplifting feel good film with a few cameo performances,and well worth a watch
That is a great film. Funny and strangely moving! Great performance by Toby Jones.

That is a great film. Funny and strangely moving! Great performance by Toby Jones.
Yes, a great performance and some lol moments, really engrossing and Mrs E enjoyed it too even though the football theme wouldn’t be her normal go to genre. Sad in part but mainly uplifting and quite emotional

Heads up, but will need iplayer or a recorder as the pillocks reponsible for BBC scheduling have put on at the same time the following crackers on Friday night:-

The Shining- surely one of the greatest all time horror movies. Heeere's Johnny! BBC1, 10.50.

For a Few Dollars More - ditto Westerns. BBC2, 11.20.

Honestly! Wall to wall crap most of the time and then they do that.

Love the Eastwood westerns. I've got them all on video tape.
On Morricone, Spaghetti Western Orchestra are quite entertaining.

Ooh I haven't seen The Shining in years, will have to watch that. Horror from that era has the scariest atmosphere in my opinion.

Can't say I am a great fan of horror films, but well remember going to see Blind Terror when it came out. I used to scare myself silly when laying in the bath after that, letting my imagination run wild