City Gossip | Page 88 | Vital Football

City Gossip

I place the idiots who said "Guardiola will never succeed with his brand of football in the Premier League" alongside those who thought Yaya Toure was a "waste of money"

Remember an article early in Merlins spell with us suggesting he might find the physicality of the PL too strong for him to survive in.

I’m glad that distraction is over with.
Yes he was an embarrassment in the dressing room I guess who probably was not helping team moral, unlike Vinnie who even when out injured always turned up and was a big motivator

Pep says that he does not intend to replace Leroy Sane as we have an abundance of players on the left

I do hope that we can get in another CB, left back right back if Cancelo goes and of course a striker, rumours that Jesus may be going I think are bs but you can never tell, he does not have that poachers instinct of SA 10

Reported to be for £44.7m initially with an extra £10m from potential add ons (presumably international appearances, number of push ups, hair appointments.....)

Grateful this massive distraction is over. A talented player, will always remember him getting on the end of that magnificent threaded pass by de Bruyne in the thrashing of Stoke City. But I think he had enough of Pep in his ear and decided he had had enough - probably also wants to ensure he features in Germany’s World Cup squad for 2022 so needed to play regularly.

Bayern’s role in this though has been shameful as they effectively tapped him up. But UEFA don’t care about that do they as they are morally bankrupt.

Reported to be for £44.7m initially with an extra £10m from potential add ons (presumably international appearances, number of push ups, hair appointments.....)

Grateful this massive distraction is over. A talented player, will always remember him getting on the end of that magnificent threaded pass by de Bruyne in the thrashing of Stoke City. But I think he had enough of Pep in his ear and decided he had had enough - probably also wants to ensure he features in Germany’s World Cup squad for 2022 so needed to play regularly.

Bayern’s role in this though has been shameful as they effectively tapped him up. But UEFA don’t care about that do they as they are morally bankrupt.

He was not guaranteed a first team place here and Pep deals on rotation but Sane may have a problem that Leow Germany's manager recognised and that may be a lack of consistency but boy did he entertain when he was up for it and that Stoke goal was probably in my top ten of all time city goals.

I assume that he will not be allowed to play for Bayern should we be lucky enough to get into the next CL round and draw Bayern.

I am glad in a way that we have squeezed more than they wanted to pay and at a reported £350k a week apparently double what we were offering, but it was not a question of money of course.

It's a reasonable price and one I suggested in a previous post that we might accept. We don't have an unhappy player, we don't know how he will be coming back from such a long lay off, it will go towards balancing this years FFP and perhaps most importantly it will give us cash to spaff up the wall on another (reserve) full back. Plus Sane won't have to do any defensive covering for Bayern and he will be on money beyond the dreams of averse so it's win win win for everyone!!!

Maybe it’s me and my paranoia :ROFLMAO:, but this smacks of typical rag-led BBC hack bias at our handling if the Sane situation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53244455

Not just rag led, you have the LiVARpool sychophancy present also - the timing is suspect given today’s fixture. All part of the narrative and institutional “Pep is too clever by half” attitude they have never recovered from after he proved them wrong by succeeding. After Coutinho or Suarez left the dippers I cannot recall similar “Where did it all go wrong” articles.......

He was not guaranteed a first team place here and Pep deals on rotation but Sane may have a problem that Leow Germany's manager recognised and that may be a lack of consistency but boy did he entertain when he was up for it and that Stoke goal was probably in my top ten of all time city goals.

I assume that he will not be allowed to play for Bayern should we be lucky enough to get into the next CL round and draw Bayern.

I am glad in a way that we have squeezed more than they wanted to pay and at a reported £350k a week apparently double what we were offering, but it was not a question of money of course.
BBC on Leroy
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53244455

Is Keane right, he sure fluffed his lines a few time vs Dippers. I think Jesus needs a long run in the side to get better.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-replacing-Sergio-Aguero-Manchester-City.html

He is not the same as SA10 and fans have that expectation that Gabriel will simply slip seamlessly into Sergio's boots, but he does need that confidence of his manager to say the place is yours and you don't have to worry about not scoring it will come naturally.

He works so hard, but I do think we need to be looking for another player for the time when Sergio goes.