What’s going on? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

This is so random, came out of nowhere, this is probably the most shadiest bit of ownership I have seen, came in to asset strip the club for profit? What do the EFL actually do? Players, manager and fans punished. Toxic

Our clubs gone I think. Who in their right mind would buy a football club right now? I can understand the frustrations of Bury and Bolton fans at the lack of support and ownership checks from the EFL. At least they knew who their bloody owners were though so they could put the blame on someone. We don’t have a clue who’s even in charge.

Whelan will probably do what he did with DWSports. Sell at a profit, let somebody run it into the ground and buy back for bugger all.
We better pray that’s correct because no other fucker will want us. I think all of us as fans would accept us being run sensibly under Whelan/Sharpe even if it means us going no further than L1 in the future.

Unbelievable news I seriously thought up here some low level Scottish clubs would go under but never Wigan. The david Marshall rumours to celtic might be more than that sad day .

Guessing nothing yet from Royle or Jackson?

Who the hell would want to buy a football club during this pandemic? I suspect we’ll see a string of clubs following suit, football in the lower levels isn’t sustainable anymore. The efl are a disgrace as a governing body.

I fear the worst, I just don’t think we’ll find a buyer given the costs to run us. I suspect that drab nil nil draw against Luton will be the last any of us will get to see us live again. Very very sad.

Whelan just been on Talk Sport, he's visiting the club to see whats what and help any way he can. 100% genuine that!

Buy it back for next to nowt and give it to Sharpey, bet ya!

I am astounded that the owners have decided to pull the plug so quickly and so near to the end of the season. I can only assume that it is not just a financial problem as completing the season and protecting our position in the championship would have added value to the club.

Maybe as some have speculated it is something to do with the events in Hong Kong or maybe it is them not understanding how it will affect the club with regard to the points deduction. Either way it seems to be a knee jerk reaction.

Our best hope now is that we complete our fixtures with a run of good performances and pick up as many points as we can to try and stave off relegation. The administrators are compliant and look to find a buyer as quickly and retain as many of the players contracts as possible.

If DW is anything like the man we think he is and thinks as much of the club as he says he does then I would expect him and David Sharpe to be in the forefront of any groups looking to buy the club.

Guessing nothing yet from Royle or Jackson?

Who the hell would want to buy a football club during this pandemic? I suspect we’ll see a string of clubs following suit, football in the lower levels isn’t sustainable anymore. The efl are a disgrace as a governing body.

I fear the worst, I just don’t think we’ll find a buyer given the costs to run us. I suspect that drab nil nil draw against Luton will be the last any of us will get to see us live again. Very very sad.

The only person I could name would be DW. I only hope my faith in him will be proven right.

Cross your fingers, toes and anything else you can that he really does love our club and is willing to reinvest in our future.

DW is the only name that springs to mind, but unfortunately I don't think he's particularly healthy of mind these days. In addition, I don't think his family will be keen on seeing their inheritance thrown away.

DW is the only name that springs to mind, but unfortunately I don't think he's particularly healthy of mind these days. In addition, I don't think his family will be keen on seeing their inheritance thrown away.

I think if David Sharpe asks him he will put the money up, most people would do anything for their grandchildren.