Vital forum player of the season | Page 2 | Vital Football

Vital forum player of the season

Player of the season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems so long ago now that I cannot remember. Would be a shame to vote for the wrong player.
I have found it difficult myself which is one of the reasons I posted the poll .Personally I think it has to be a defender in my opinion they all did a great job.My heart wants to vote Tucker .But I just think I if I do so it will be based in part because he was in his first full season. Incredibly though he played I am not sure he was our best player. I also wanted to vote for Fuller and Ehmer but feel it is more because of the great job they have done over the years .
No there is only one player I will vote for Ogilvie.

Yes. I was torn between Simmo and Hughie Russell.
Joking aside I feel there should be a player of the season.l know the season was cut short. But there was still promotion and relegation. Ok so I know there is no money to be made on the face of it .But many clubs have still had the player of the season awards.Given our result thus far Scally might have got extra publicity for the two players most likely to bring in a decent fee .That publicity may have upped the interest and got us a larger fee.

Starting to look difficult for anyone to catch Ogilvie but there are still about another dozen or so members who have not voted.

At the fans’ forum I think I voted for Ogilvie, probably with those last minute winners He scored in mind, plus his big improvement at left back after several solid outings at centre back.
But in this poll, after this long period of reflection, I went with Tucker, simply because I believe Evans when he said that he was on a list of players to be released to non league in the summer, as Lovell rarely played him. He’s turned into something of a revelation, a classy player who can do it all pretty much, and who has improved so much over the season. I think Evans is looking to sell him for big bucks purely to improve the playing budget, if we were a bigger club with more finances then perhaps we would keep him for another season to develop him more, but I think he will be sold sooner rather than later.

A guy said on tonight’s news, when talking about Leicester, that the ethnic minority was the majority.
Go figure that one.
The minority is the majority.
Russian revolution anyone ?

The answer is obviously Tucker. 😜

This is like Brexit all over again. The majority are wrong. The correct answer is Tucker. Chris, you should have just asked me.
:grinning:
That is the beauty of football in my opinion there is nothing that proves you are right or wrong.

Hard to see anything changing the result
Ogilvie player of the season.
Tucker second and young player of the season.
Only thing that could realistically change is third or fourth place etc.
Maybe someone linked with the players could let them know at some point. Never could of you imagined they would be the top two before the start of the season. Massive credit to them both.

Sorry, but I feel I've had to voted tactically.
However much Ogilvie has improved (which he has) it was from a very poor base - indecisive, poor positioning. Thank goodness he's now better at both

But compared to others he's still nothing special.
Hanlan, Byrne, Bonham, Fuller, Jones - and Ehmer on a poor day - were all better.

Maybe Ogilvie got noticed as a couple of times he was pole-axed - and the oppos got sent off...?

Sorry, but I feel I've had to voted tactically.
However much Ogilvie has improved (which he has) it was from a very poor base - indecisive, poor positioning. Thank goodness he's now better at both

But compared to others he's still nothing special.
Hanlan, Byrne, Bonham, Fuller, Jones - and Ehmer on a poor day - were all better.

Maybe Ogilvie got noticed as a couple of times he was pole-axed - and the oppos got sent off...?
So where did you rate Tucker - not mentioned?