Well Done Keith Curle and Northampton | Vital Football

Well Done Keith Curle and Northampton

SirRodneyEffing

Vital Squad Member
Promoted back to League One, after beating Exeter 4-0 in the play-off final. The better team won, but I do feel a bit for Exeter fans, as they have now lost three of the last four finals!

At least their fans were spared the long journey to/from Wembley. Still horrible though - as we know.

At least their fans were spared the long journey to/from Wembley. Still horrible though - as we know.

In my experience, the journey to Wembley is always great (getting up at stupid o'clock aside), it's the one back again that's rubbish! It wasn't too bad last time though, as I was proud of our performance against Hull.

Promoted back to League One, after beating Exeter 4-0 in the play-off final. The better team won, but I do feel a bit for Exeter fans, as they have now lost three of the last four finals!
I remember goin to Exeter one season and we were 2-0 down abart 4mins into the game and their fans were laffin at us travellin BLADES so fork em as far as i'm concerned.:giggle: We eventually lost 3-1,i think Steve Chaarles med his debut for us that day,it was a very long journey home but at that time alot of the journey's home were LONG very very LONG indeed.(n) UTMPB

was living in Aberdeen at the time... that was a bloody long miserable drive back with No.2 son :cry:

even longer than the drive back to Dorset after the Wigan game, with all 3 of my lads
I think the Palace play off final was worse than Burnley.Altho i was gutted when they scored late on,part of me was relieved we dint have to go through another 30 mins plus of that shite.UTMPB

The Huddersfield loss was by far the worst for me. It came after the Ched verdict, letting them lot beat us to auto promotion and then letting Huddersfield off the hook for missing their first three penalties. As far as I know, no other club has ever won a professional shoot-out after doing that...

The Huddersfield loss was by far the worst for me. It came after the Ched verdict, letting them lot beat us to auto promotion and then letting Huddersfield off the hook for missing their first three penalties. As far as I know, no other club has ever won a professional shoot-out after doing that...

Agree much worse than Burnley as we'd been in the automatic places for most of the season. Add to the fact it was voted the worst ever play off final in terms of mind numbingly boring play as we never looked like scoring.

McDonald was missing and James Beattie had managed to get himself suspended and the other Beattie up front was nigh on useless. Having said that we exceeded all expectations by producing the most laughable attempt at a penalty shoot out ever. Andy Taylors contribution was to come off the bench with two minutes left as a supposed penalty expert and then hit he post with his only kick of the ball!

If you were writing a comedy sketch about penalty shoot outs we provided some excellent material. I left that game thinking we would never get out of the third tier.

It was Mike Dean who Blackie slagged off cos he'd sent Killa off at Piggery.UTMPB

Correct Rod and he proceeded to send off two of our players in revenge. Although any slagging off of Riley in the current climate is relevant.

Strange how Dean has become one of the best refs in the EPL. How we needed him against Arsenal he wouldn't have put up with the play acting.

Yes Udders was as bad a performance as Palace and i spose considerin they missed the first 3 pens and still won it could be argued that was the worst of the lot but let's be r8 we've been shite in all the play off finals.Only decent/good performance i've seen from us at Wembley was under the much maligned Cloughie v Hull in the FA Cup semi final.UTMPB

Correct Rod and he proceeded to send off two of our players in revenge. Although any slagging off of Riley in the current climate is relevant.

Strange how Dean has become one of the best refs in the EPL. How we needed him against Arsenal he wouldn't have put up with the play acting.
Yes agreed Longy i think Mike Dean's the best ref we've got,yes he's a arrogant git but in my view he's the best ref by a distance.UTMPB