League 1 transfer thread | Vital Football

League 1 transfer thread

Imps2018

Vital 1st Team Regular
Thread to keep track of what our rivals are doing this summer:

Blackpool have signed Keshi Anderson from Swindon today

Thread to keep track of what our rivals are doing this summer:

Blackpool have signed Keshi Anderson from Swindon today
That's a blow for Swindon. I've seen them play a few times in the past few years with a friend who supports them, and he was definitely one of their best assets.

Not a transfer exactly, but John Mousinho has extended his Oxford contract by a year and is now available for their playoff games.

That's a blow for Swindon. I've seen them play a few times in the past few years with a friend who supports them, and he was definitely one of their best assets.
Swindon have a good midfield. Would expect them to be fine this season.

Depending on the court case of whether Gareth Barry owns them of course

Neither League 1 anymore nor a transfer but I see that Sol Campbell has left Southend by 'mutual agreement'

I really don't know now if he has the ability to be a good manager or not. Did well to keep Macclesfield in the League last year. I suppose we'll only really know if he gets a job at a reasonably secure team and progresses them. Difficult to properly assess him at a basket case club like Southend

Neither League 1 anymore nor a transfer but I see that Sol Campbell has left Southend by 'mutual agreement'

I really don't know now if he has the ability to be a good manager or not. Did well to keep Macclesfield in the League last year. I suppose we'll only really know if he gets a job at a reasonably secure team and progresses them. Difficult to properly assess him at a basket case club like Southend

Southend fans I know are totally mixed on him. As you say, Southend is a basket case club as were Macclesfield where he performed wonders. I think he will be a decent manager if given a chance at a club that is not a basket case.

Southend fans I know are totally mixed on him. As you say, Southend is a basket case club as were Macclesfield where he performed wonders. I think he will be a decent manager if given a chance at a club that is not a basket case.

His next job will probably define him as a manager. He needs to make the right decision on that as well. Hope he does succeed

Loads of contracts end today. Usually there are a plethora of signings announced on July 1st. I wonder if this year will be very different??

Seems a good manager to me. Reportedly not a popular guy in football which is why he struggles to get jobs and could lose dressing rooms.