Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 72 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Defunding the Police in America is about reducing Police responsibilities and using services that are better equipped to deal with them.

These include social services and parking tickets. We already do that, so people jumping on the bandwagon over here really haven't looked into what they think they're supporting.
They never do. They just jump up and down and make a noise and if you asked the average idiot what the cause they are supporting really stands for you get a blank look or a one word answer.

Equality takes many years to happen, I failed my 11+, so what you might say.
The teacher told my parents I'd passed it but they had to send an equal amount of Girls to Bromsgrove High school, girls being underperformers in the late '60s, so my place and my future was sort of determined at 11 years old by the "fairness" brigade. I was the last year to take the 11 plus in Bromsgrove.

2 years later I'm at Bromsgrove High school now renamed North Bromsgrove High guess what every single one of us was streamed below those who had passed their 11 plus until we left school even in sports lessons where we played football and them Rugby. We weren't allowed to mix with"them" those clever kids even though some of them were not so clever and one of two of those girls left early because of swelling in the tummy they had developed. Not that clever really.

We were also the first year to have to stay on until 16, but to my knowledge 6th form was never mentioned, I don't think I even knew you could stay until 18.
"They" went onto University whilst I left to do an engineering apprenticeship.

Which leads me onto work and the class system that anyone my age will recognise.
When I finished my apprenticeship I was a skilled man the highest grade achievable Indirect grade 7 but we hourly-paid people couldn't use the same canteen as the Staff as they were considered above us, which resulted in one man not being able to eat with his own Daughter as she was an Office Clerk and he was shopfloor. Believe it or not, even the toilets were segregated Hourly paid and Staff.
Superintendents now called managers even had their own toilets with a key and had soft toilet paper so I'm told.

The unions eventually got us equal rights and oh how I enjoyed my shite in the superintendent's bog

So think on all you hard done by University graduates just how things have moved on and the privileges you now enjoy because of us ungrateful old gits and that some of us have experience of being treated, second class and it wasn't because I'm black or foreign or disabled or even fucking ginger

Well said 57. I agree with all of that.
I passed my 11+ and accordingly went to a grammar school. It was a complete waste of an education as far as I was concerned. I wasnt at all academic and hated every minute I was there.
I was interested only in sport, and will concede it gave me a good broad education but it would have better served someone that was interested and wanted to be at that school.
I also did an engineering apprenticeship and concur with all you say about industry and the class system at that time.
I got out of industry after a few years and found my way into the world of insurance, and that was as bad if not worse, with strict dress codes and managers that required deference be paid to them.
I am not sure some of todays generation have any concept of what the world of work was like back then especially in the old industries.

+

Well said 57. I agree with all of that.
I passed my 11+ and accordingly went to a grammar school. It was a complete waste of an education as far as I was concerned. I wasnt at all academic and hated every minute I was there.
I was interested only in sport, and will concede it gave me a good broad education but it would have better served someone that was interested and wanted to be at that school.
I also did an engineering apprenticeship and concur with all you say about industry and the class system at that time.
I got out of industry after a few years and found my way into the world of insurance, and that was as bad if not worse, with strict dress codes and managers that required deference be paid to them.
I am not sure some of todays generation have any concept of what the world of work was like back then especially in the old industries.

+

Spot on mate< remember ordering a Mini front panel from work when I was 18 when I ordered it I was in a suit as I was going to awards do, the bloke in the office was falling over himself to help me, I went to collect it the next day, I was wearing my apprentice green overalls, he never lifted his eyes when I asked if that panel was for me, he just said I"don't think so!". That's when I found out people look down their nose at anyone in overalls. I'm not saying it's like being black but I do feel that we know far more about discrimination than the modern generation realise

I'm afraid you are correct, wittonite.

I've met quite a few that go on almost every protest. I find it inconceivable than any reasonable person would have such strong views about everything!!!!

I know of similar types.

They're at every protest, behind every cause, and feel the need to let everyone know about it. They need to show you what great people they are.

I think they're hiding something.

Spot on mate< remember ordering a Mini front panel from work when I was 18 when I ordered it I was in a suit as I was going to awards do, the bloke in the office was falling over himself to help me, I went to collect it the next day, I was wearing my apprentice green overalls, he never lifted his eyes when I asked if that panel was for me, he just said I"don't think so!". That's when I found out people look down their nose at anyone in overalls. I'm not saying it's like being black but I do feel that we know far more about discrimination than the modern generation realise
Yes it was rife in lots of areas.
I can empathise re the suit bit.
I had to wear one for my job when in the insurance industry.
When painting the house one day I saw a car advertised that I wanted, and covered in paint, wanting a bank loan I nipped round to the TSB and when asked what I wanted was greeted with "just like that".
Going through the paperwork with this clown it was quite funny watching his attitude change the further we went down the form and he realised that I was in a decent job and affordability wasnt an issue.
I told my son to never judge a book by its cover, and he now deals with a lot of farmers etc who look like they have slept the night in the barn but are loaded.
He often says its the best bit of business advice he has been given.

Last edited:
Yes it was rife in lots of areas.
I can empathise re the suit bit.
I had to wear one for my job when in the insurance industry.
When painting the house one day I saw a car advertised that I wanted, and covered in paint, wanting a bank loan I nipped round to the TSB and when asked what I wanted was greeted with "just like that".
Going through the paperwork with this clown it was quite funny watching his attitude change the further we went down the form and he realised that I was in a decent job and affordability wasnt an issue.
I told my son to never judge a book by its cover, and he now deals with a lot of farmers etc who look like they have slept the night in the barn but are loaded.
He often says its the best bit of business advice he has been given.

Haha, I bet. I remember when I went to Halifax for something and I'd had my first wage as a contractor paid in via the Umbrella company and she said can you tell me where this payment came from, I said why? she said we have to query large amounts. I said it's a months salary, her mouth dropped open and she said would you like to see our financial advisor. I sad no it's ok you never wanted me when I was out of work and always overdrawn.

He needs to realise the BLM movement that has evolved over the last few weeks isn't the same as the Organisation.

I know it's a little confusing, but people just want change, and the BLM phrase is just so well known it's been adopted.

Yep but what do they want changed they already have equal rights in this country, I think they want preferential rights, which in some case they get as you do see jobs advertise for ethnic minorities only.

Yep but what do they want changed they already have equal rights in this country, I think they want preferential rights, which in some case they get as you do see jobs advertise for ethnic minorities only.

They have equal rights, but they aren't treated equally. They want attitudes changed. I see it as something along the lines of drink driving. It was once widely accepted, but now most of us actively discourage it.

if you see someone being racist, call them out. There's no place for it in 2020.

They have equal rights, but they aren't treated equally. They want attitudes changed. I see it as something along the lines of drink driving. It was once widely accepted, but now most of us actively discourage it.

if you see someone being racist, call them out. There's no place for it in 2020.
It has to change because all people want it to change.
It wont change because a bunch of left wing anarchist are taking to the streets.
BLM in its current form is just allienating peoples opinions towards them and is making people who do sympathise with the broader cause feel that they cannot identify with a rabble.

I think we get that bit, I really don't see it around here. In fact, I don't see it anywhere really. Mrs57 has been called a white bitch a few times by Asian males who are not used to women being equal. One even clicked his fingers at her when she was nursing. To which she said I'm not your wife, click them again and I'll break them off. Needless to say, he shut up.
It's all about treating people with respect regardless of colour.

Everyone in the country knows racism is wrong,

It has to change because all people want it to change.
It wont change because a bunch of left wing anarchist are taking to the streets.
BLM in its current form is just allienating peoples opinions towards them and is making people who do sympathise with the broader cause feel that they cannot identify with a rabble.

That's what changed with George Floyd. for some reason, maybe because people had more time to consider it in lockdown, it seems to have resonated with people who wouldn't normally care.

The organisation BLM actually makes it harder for the BLM movement to gain more support. Maybe it needs a new slogan?

I think we get that bit, I really don't see it around here. In fact, I don't see it anywhere really. Mrs57 has been called a white bitch a few times by Asian males who are not used to women being equal. One even clicked his fingers at her when she was nursing. To which she said I'm not your wife, click them again and I'll break them off. Needless to say, he shut up.
It's all about treating people with respect regardless of colour.

Everyone in the country knows racism is wrong,

It's out the, 57. I can assure you of that. Especially in the workplace.

That's what changed with George Floyd. for some reason, maybe because people had more time to consider it in lockdown, it seems to have resonated with people who wouldn't normally care.

The organisation BLM actually makes it harder for the BLM movement to gain more support. Maybe it needs a new slogan?
It did change with George Floyd, regardless of his criminal background what was done to him was wrong.
Sadly he wont be the last because the American cops dont give a shit.
But as you say the actions of BLM in this country has set them back.
Re their name, yes it doesnt do them any favours because any white person who is at the bottom of the heap and has their own grievances with life in the UK will have been immediatlely allienated.
Perhaps that is why when you see any demos the white support appears to be overwhelmingly
middle class, and university educated.

He needs to realise the BLM movement that has evolved over the last few weeks isn't the same as the Organisation.

I know it's a little confusing, but people just want change, and the BLM phrase is just so well known it's been adopted.

What is the organisation though? I know there's an official website.

BLM UK are certainly not helping, their fund me page is written up like a Communist manifesto. They've raised over £1million so far.

I don't really find the official site that different either. They still want to "dismantle the patriarchy". And I have no idea what gender politics has to do with race.

I agree they should change their name, and leave the woke politics out of it.

Last edited: