RCC | Vital Football

RCC

A shame. I think he's a real talent - and possibly the best finisher at the club. Can't help feeling he'll do well elsewhere and this is a departure we'll regret. But no doubt he's going for money and security.

Or game time ? He didn't actually get that many minutes on the pitch under Evans.

I liked him as well though - he was exciting.

I feel Evans didn’t rate him much for whatever reason, and he was only offered a token deal so we could claim compensation when he moves on. A shame as he’s one of the most creative players we had in the squad.

Wish him good luck but unless it is the Old Firm it will be L2 or NL level football. Will PS look for a sell on clause? Or is this not possible in this situation?

RCC's new club could agree to insert a sell-on in his new contract as part of the compensation deal. A tribunal could decide the same if the clubs can't agree. But both seem unlikely.

We won't get any compensation if we didn't make him a contract offer.

PR said as much today, the club had yet to make him an offer due to the current uncertainty.

Sad to see him go, always looked lively when he came on, just frustrating he never managed to put together a string of consistent performances and establish himself as a regular.

We won't get any compensation if we didn't make him a contract offer.

We did offer him a contract though, didn't we? I thought we offered deals to RCC, Hanlan, Mandron and Ehmer.

Although whether those offers are on at least the same terms as they were previously on (in which case I believe we are entitled to compensation) or reduced terms (in which case we're not) is anyone's guess.

Edit - On the basis of Captain's post above, maybe we didn't then. I'm sure I read some time last week that we'd offered them all deals.

PRs interview implies we haven't made an offer with actual details. Only that we would like to when budget is known.

Wouldn't be surprised if all five took up a firm offer from somewhere else

We seem to be waiting for info on when the new season starts before making formal actual contract offers in writing. I guess Ehmer and RCC decided not to wait around when they had offers elsewhere.

Raynor has said no offer was made. The club put out info that he and others were offered new deals.

IF the club made him an offer we would have received some compensation for nothing.

Basically, we have missed out on a small fee.

Raynor has said no offer was made. The club put out info that he and others were offered new deals.

IF the club made him an offer we would have received some compensation for nothing.

Basically, we have missed out on a small fee.

Again, only if we offered them the same or better deals than they were on.

Its quite possible offering terms and paying wages for 2, 3 or 4 months before any games are played, would outweigh any compensation we would be owed.

Best of luck to RCC (and Max if he does leave/has left).