League 2 playoffs | Page 2 | Vital Football

League 2 playoffs

Don't get too excited jogills

The last few seasons that Plymouth and Exeter have been in the same division as the Mighty Gills, they have been given Tuesday night fixtures.
I still went as the in laws were in Exeter, so made an overnight and pleased the Mrs.
The last time we played Exeter away, I actually caught the bus so I could have a few and not worry about parking.
That was weird.

If only there were a traveller site you could pull up at for the night....!

Tremendous result for Northampton winning 0-3 at a venue where the home team hadn`t conceded more than one goal in a game all season. Don`t know what happened to `Nam - they were awful. But credit the Cobblers, a real fighting performance. I`m backing Exeter in the play-offs - love the area and haven`t been there in a while.

Don't get too excited jogills

The last few seasons that Plymouth and Exeter have been in the same division as the Mighty Gills, they have been given Tuesday night fixtures.
I still went as the in laws were in Exeter, so made an overnight and pleased the Mrs.
The last time we played Exeter away, I actually caught the bus so I could have a few and not worry about parking.
That was weird.
"I still went as the in laws were in Exeter, so made an overnight and pleased the Mrs."

Bit too much information there mate 😳

Well, the big game is tonight at Wembley 7.30 ko. A play-off final with no crowd will be odd, both teams have GFC connections. Personally I`m hoping for an Exeter City win, they have good fans with a traditional strong away following. Like the Gills, most away games are long treks for City fans. Northampton have two very lively big forwards, Morton (loan WBA) and Oliver. BTW anyone notice Ronnie Jepson on the Northampton bench, he`s a coach there supporting Curle.

i believe Jepson has left to become Nigel's assistant at Boro.

I have friends in Exeter, so the long away trip can be split over a weekend and a few beers. Feel nostalgic for Northampton's county ground. Kick the ball over the cricket square and it took an eternity to return. Also the concrete on the away end terrace was so old, it must have been Grade II listed.

Hoping for Exeter due to aforementioned awayday reasons. Last time I went was in our championship season for a dour 0-0. Managed to wangle a work trip to Plymouth for a completely fabricated reason in order to get paid to attend, which made it all the sweeter, though.

I think they've had a fair bit of ground development since then, so I'd love to go again, preferably over a long weekend.

For these reasons, Northampton are sure to win.

My only trip to Exeter was the mid-90s 0-3 defeat where Joey Dunne scored the own goal and got subbed immediately afterwards, so not the happiest of memories in my time following the Gills.

Although having said that I had 0-3 on the sweepstake on the coach down there, and Banks saved a late penalty to ensure that I won.

Ah, OK, cheers. I like Ronnie Jepson, really nice chap and I wish him good luck at Middlesborough. I`m hoping that Boro get relegated though - i`ve not been to the Riverside, nor their previous gaff.

Seems like i'm the only one supporting the Cobblers tonight. Only a short detour when travelling to or from home to Kent!

Also never been to their ground so another one to tick off the list. Exeter is too far from West Yorkshire

Seems like i'm the only one supporting the Cobblers tonight. Only a short detour when travelling to or from home to Kent!

Also never been to their ground so another one to tick off the list. Exeter is too far from West Yorkshire
No I agree. Want the Cobblers. Nearest away fixture for me (Exeter is equivalent to Ural away when I'm in Moscow and supporting my second team CSKA.)

Final score 4-0.

Congrats to Northampton.

Btw, I see the game was played at Wembley, correct?

What’s the point of playing there when no crowds are allowed? It would cost a huge amount to play at Wembley. Surely they could have played at any FL ground, somewhere between the 2 clubs. And whichever club they chose would probably welcome a nice fee for the hire of their stadium.

Always the bridesmaid, Exeter.
I listened and Northampton were far the best side . Cobblers.