Politics and football. | Page 8 | Vital Football

Politics and football.

Segregation Hampton? Hardly the best choice of word. If you're referring to Jock's point, then surely that's positive selection, or focused discrimination. (Note, I'm not supporting either of these).

Segregation though (as per 1950s/60s USA), that's something on a different level.

I think it starts with one then a slippery slope towards the other if we aren't careful.

Not sure about less of the name calling -.............

I don't often go fishing on here, but I'm putting that one in the keep net. ;)

I'd say that another thing Pie manages to do is to be critical of those on the left who are his "target", without offending (probably the wrong word) those not intended to be in his sights.

I think I sometimes end up arguing with you MiW because you (in my opinion, obviously) often tend to hit quite a wide arc of a target, as opposed to Pie's rather precise shooting. ........................... and maybe I'm just a little touchy. ;).

I reckon Pie will have plenty of material in the next few weeks, ....... lockdown relaxation, Brexit negotiations, Jenrick/Johnson "corruption", Labour ripping itself apart ......again, Trump imploding, etc .................. looking forward to it.

I don't often go fishing on here, but I'm putting that one in the keep net. ;)

I'd say that another thing Pie manages to do is to be critical of those on the left who are his "target", without offending (probably the wrong word) those not intended to be in his sights.

I think I sometimes end up arguing with you MiW because you (in my opinion, obviously) often tend to hit quite a wide arc of a target, as opposed to Pie's rather precise shooting. ........................... and maybe I'm just a little touchy. ;).

I reckon Pie will have plenty of material in the next few weeks, ....... lockdown relaxation, Brexit negotiations, Jenrick/Johnson "corruption", Labour ripping itself apart ......again, Trump imploding, etc .................. looking forward to it.

You just keep sending them our way.....the clips I mean btw.....
So much material for him to use in the current climate & I know it's not his subject but a wee dig a the scousers celebrations would give him plenty of ammo

You just keep sending them our way.....the clips I mean btw.....
So much material for him to use in the current climate & I know it's not his subject but a wee dig a the scousers celebrations would give him plenty of ammo

He's excellent Jock. I saw him at the fringe a few years ago, just before he "hit it big .... ish".

Here's a couple of completely different ones ................. one about Glastonbury & "the arts", and then one on BLM. Both are very, very good.

It’s taken a few weeks but it seems Sky Sports pundits have woken up to the fact that the Black Lives Matter organisation is not a politically neutral one and has questionable objectives. Ditched the lapel badges it seems. Better late than never but it’s already done them organisational harm.

It’s taken a few weeks but it seems Sky Sports pundits have woken up to the fact that the Black Lives Matter organisation is not a politically neutral one and has questionable objectives. Ditched the lapel badges it seems. Better late than never but it’s already done them organisational harm.

We just need the gullible deniers to cotton on and then maybe we can start to make genuine unified progress.

Although from Wigan I love the mantra over in the USA in which they have full freedom of speech and "Your rights dont stop when someone is offended".

People are always going to say things someone finds off, but at the end of the day if you shut down any persons opinion then you are on a slippery slope. BLM should be honest with its aims (Which right now arent just black rights) and if people support everything they stand for its all well and good.