driving around medway today | Page 3 | Vital Football

driving around medway today

I've spent many a night fishing at Deal and Denge Marsh, but is there anything there other than the beach?

I've spent many a night fishing at Deal and Denge Marsh, but is there anything there other than the beach?

Depends what you like , Deal is a lovely place , in my opinion.
Plenty of history , National Trust White cliffs , fresh sea air.
I liked living (nearby) there , but I like living on the coast , so no surprise really.

Just checked on google maps and it looks quite large, the trouble is I've only been there at night in the winter so never really saw the town.

I agree mate. I went to Strood quite a few times around 2007-2009 when Amadeus nightclub was about, the area seemed worse then that it does now in my opinion.
I took Mrs Nobby to Rochester just before lockdown (being a lifelong essex girl, she'd never been before) and as we passed through Strood, I was pleasantly surprised to see how it had improved since my last visit (circa 2007)

Just checked on google maps and it looks quite large, the trouble is I've only been there at night in the winter so never really saw the town.

I don't know where you live , or rather , I don't know how far you are from Deal , but it's a pleasant day out. If you walk out on the pier , some nice photos of the town(looking back) are possible 👍

My mothers side of the family are from generations of deal people - fishmongers and seamen.
I took my daughter there one day to see where some ancestors came from - she could not wait to leave there lol. When I took my wife through there one day however, she liked it.

Deal is not a place for nightclubs etc. It's for the 35+ market i think.

I have lived here for 5 years now and sometimes take it for granted.

The pier for me is the highlight but for beach views nearby St Margarets is the place to go.

The job market is poor but we are lucky not to have a mortgage. The council tax, like for like, is 20% dearer than North London!

Diesel and Petrol is dearer than north london.

When i got my nearly new car i bought it from Enfield as the same model etc was £1800 dearer in East Kent. I told 2 of the local dealers that and they said "buy it there then!"

KCC will try and privatise anything, if they can!

The roads in Deal cannot cope with the traffic but there's no way of widening the narrow roads.

Deal is not a place for nightclubs etc. It's for the 35+ market i think.

I have lived here for 5 years now and sometimes take it for granted.

The pier for me is the highlight but for beach views nearby St Margarets is the place to go.

The job market is poor but we are lucky not to have a mortgage. The council tax, like for like, is 20% dearer than North London!

Diesel and Petrol is dearer than north london.

When i got my nearly new car i bought it from Enfield as the same model etc was £1800 dearer in East Kent. I told 2 of the local dealers that and they said "buy it there then!"

KCC will try and privatise anything, if they can!

The roads in Deal cannot cope with the traffic but there's no way of widening the narrow roads.

A lot of Kent is struggling with traffic. Where my parents live they (the "farmers" who own the land) seem intent on building as many houses as possible but don't have the foresight to sort out any of the infrastructure so that people can get to work - everyone has to drive, at least to the station. Tailbacks ahoy.

A lot of Kent is struggling with traffic. Where my parents live they (the "farmers" who own the land) seem intent on building as many houses as possible but don't have the foresight to sort out any of the infrastructure so that people can get to work - everyone has to drive, at least to the station. Tailbacks ahoy.
Virtually everywhere I see housing developments there appears to be no infrastructure. Total reliance on and need for cars. Big developers are making fortunes (see Jenrick's mate as an example). Private properties often poorly constructed.

I saw an example just on the edge of Faversham as one comes off the motorway. Hope I'm wrong about it. Anyone know the details?

The new build estate we live on, which has over 300 properties, only had to provide bike sheds on the estate to get through planning, no other infrastructure was required at all.

Anyone else been to Deal and seen the grandad with a clown type electric car blaring out 60s pop, which he sings along to with his grandkids? Anyone on here?

Virtually everywhere I see housing developments there appears to be no infrastructure. Total reliance on and need for cars. Big developers are making fortunes (see Jenrick's mate as an example). Private properties often poorly constructed.

I saw an example just on the edge of Faversham as one comes off the motorway. Hope I'm wrong about it. Anyone know the details?

We went for a mooch around Faversham a few weeks ago and that development is a great example of poor planning. How the roads will cope is anyone's guess, if you lived in one of those lovely houses opposite you'd be gutted. I love Kent but it's getting far too busy and crowded imo.

We went for a mooch around Faversham a few weeks ago and that development is a great example of poor planning. How the roads will cope is anyone's guess, if you lived in one of those lovely houses opposite you'd be gutted. I love Kent but it's getting far too busy and crowded imo.
100% the reason that we moved away Billy.
No regrets.
We had a parcel misdelivered recently to a nearby neighbour and during conversation, it turned out that they moved down from Wateringbury.
The south west is full of the south east 😁

Born in Gillingham lived here all my life. Gillingham is now a disgusting shithole, chatham is a disgusting shithole. Too many cars parked on the roads so must be some money about. Hate the towns now