Ehmer to Bristol rovers?.. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ehmer to Bristol rovers?..

Ehmer is a solid club servant, but from a playing perspective, he's replaceable imo.

If he can get a better deal elsewhere, I don't blame him for going. I doubt Evans will lose any sleep.

And what's clear is that Evans has got a decent contact book from which he can get players from. At least we've got half a chance of getting some good replacements in.
It has to be remembered that while the vast majority of loan signings were excellent last season. Evans permanent signings were very hit and miss.If we were to lose the whole of the back line and have a very small budget that would be a tough ask for any manager.Even with more players made available than ever before.

I won't panic until it happens, rumours abound this time of year but there's nothing to do but wait.

I won't panic until it happens, rumours abound this time of year but there's nothing to do but wait.
Could be a long wait as I doubt that the season will start any time soon. September or even October I would guess. Nobody is going to want to kick off with empty stadiums. Ehmer could of course decide well before that.

It has to be remembered that while the vast majority of loan signings were excellent last season. Evans permanent signings were very hit and miss.If we were to lose the whole of the back line and have a very small budget that would be a tough ask for any manager.Even with more players made available than ever before.

Fair point mate - Hodson and Cisse were below par

So it won't be an injection at all, just repaying a loan on time?

It’s still an injection of cash. Cash flow is critical for any football club in the lower echelons of the football league.

Some on here criticised PS for taking out the loan in the first place; and they’ll be the same people who criticise when he pays it back.

By the same token, I don’t see many criticising players who have taken a deferral of wages as opposed to a pay cut. But again, deferral is helpful because ‘cash is king’ for League 1 clubs.

It’s still an injection of cash. Cash flow is critical for any football club in the lower echelons of the football league.

Some on here criticised PS for taking out the loan in the first place; and they’ll be the same people who criticise when he pays it back.

By the same token, I don’t see many criticising players who have taken a deferral of wages as opposed to a pay cut. But again, deferral is helpful because ‘cash is king’ for League 1 clubs.

So if cash flow is so important why has he taken a loan out of the club finances in the first place? We've not had a pot to piss in for years. Every bit of cash the club has is valuable. It's presumably the club's money that PS is paying back. In the current climate I'd guess the club need it more than PS.

Good to know that our deal leader is not only showing the way in these tough times by publicly stating he'll take a pay deferral/ cut in the current tough times he's also going to be good enough to inject some of the club's cash back into the business. How generous of him.

I don’t think we can sign anyone yet, can we?

From memory of recent seasons, contracts expire on 1st July.
It is very unlikely that clubs like ours will sign any new players until a start date for the new season has been announced. Even then I can see many clubs taking their time.it is very possible that we will see the season start with no crowds. So the likelihood is that clubs like ours will simply try to sign about 5 loan players and then try to survive with what they have.Hundreds of out of work players will get more and more desperate for clubs .So wages will down as a result. I find it unlikely that guys like Fuller and Hobson will walk away

So if cash flow is so important why has he taken a loan out of the club finances in the first place? We've not had a pot to piss in for years. Every bit of cash the club has is valuable. It's presumably the club's money that PS is paying back. In the current climate I'd guess the club need it more than PS.

Good to know that our deal leader is not only showing the way in these tough times by publicly stating he'll take a pay deferral/ cut in the current tough times he's also going to be good enough to inject some of the club's cash back into the business. How generous of him.

How about you 'give it a rest' ?

I actually agree that it would be appropriate time for Scally to take a cut.

But I’m just calling out your unjust Scally bashing which you seem intent on continuing.

It was boring a long time ago.

I actually agree that it would be appropriate time for Scally to take a cut.

But I’m just calling out your unjust Scally bashing which you seem intent on continuing.

It was boring a long time ago.

So PS taking 100k (iirc was the loan amount) out of a business that is desperate for every penny it can get, not just in the current climate but over the last 10 years(?) and being the very publicly vocal 'leader' in calling poverty and for the government, Premier clubs, the PFA to help bail out his club (and other clubs) in this current climate is a piss take IMO when he's taking money out the business in the form of a loan and is paid the highest 'wage' at the club but according to you that shouldn't be questioned or deserve criticism, its just Scally bashing. If that's "Scally bashing" so be it.

Maybe the reason he does it is because to many people just except it. I guess at the end of the day it's his business so as Durham used to say "he can do what he likes" but IMO don't come pleading poverty and asking for help when you haven't helped yourself by taking a pay cut or putting money taken out the business back in.

Last edited:
The thing is that seems to come up on almost every thread.
The season ticket refunds, Scally’s remuneration etc. has been done to death on several other threads.
Now we can’t even discuss possible transfers without it being regurgitated again.
As Trashbat said it really is becoming very boring.