The player who left thread | Page 222 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Get him in the fucking middle. Too easy to isolate him out wide. Didn't help that he got tripped or pushed anytime he was on the ball. Kante got booked in the 92nd minute though. That'll teach him.

I agree Grealish has already left mentally. Question is what price will we get for a player who fails to look the part against the better sides? He looks top 4 quality against lower placed teams but can he mix it anymore with the best? If I had £80m to spend on a player I’m not sure he would be top of the list.

smith puts him wide left as he believes he’s more effective there. He certainly wasn’t yesterday. I hear comments that his team mates are lacking quality but Davis & Luiz we’re able to show something yesterday whilst Grealish went AWOL. Is he a lower team bully not able to mix it with the best?

He’s got 8 games left to get his dream move & needs to prove his worth.

Most likely explanation for me is that vs weaker sides him playing wide doesn't affect us as much. We'll see more of the ball and he won't have to track back as much.

Against stronger sides our wide men basically become extra full backs unfortunately. We don't want him back in the full back positions.

I saw a stay yesterday that showed the players who had brought the ball forward the most on average. Grealish was second to Zaha and a fair way above 3rd. Now obviously Zaha is a natural winger, Jack is not. We need him in the middle where he can drive forward and have runners either side providing options.

To have him out wide just because we haven't got enough quality wingers is a waste. If needs be play Elmo wide right, or even Freddy when fit. You accommodate your best players.

I think things are not improving for Jack to want to stay here, Playing a system that don't suit him and seeing the quality of players we brought in. He deserves better than this shit and i think he knows it.

I have to say I don't think he deserves better, he has hardly added much himself, you earn what you deserve in life, I'd expect a world class player to be so much more effective during a game, with that said, with a better manager, I am quite confident he would be told not to get into our own half as much, where he can't cause any damage, and to be pushing forwards only (not a criticism of him, he is trying to do more than he should be though). You put Merson on the pitch in comparison to Jack.. different class to me.

I also think he is strong enough to stay on his feet a bit more. the one problem is he holds onto the ball too long, that isn't party, I suspect, because no one is making the right runs for him to make the pass, hope it is that and not that he's slow in the thinking when it comes to passing.

I think things are not improving for Jack to want to stay here, Playing a system that don't suit him and seeing the quality of players we brought in. He deserves better than this shit and i think he knows it.

He won't stay if it's more of the same. Get a top manager and it might be different.

Yes, I agree with that, the right manager, the right about spent (not saying they haven't spent a right amount already, but that is to stand still/ish now we have to spend to move forward). Any sign of ambition and he might be tempted, but I do also think - from all of our experience - if a club, even on the wane like Man Utd, come calling, our players usually go.

I have to say I don't think he deserves better, he has hardly added much himself, you earn what you deserve in life, I'd expect a world class player to be so much more effective during a game, with that said, with a better manager, I am quite confident he would be told not to get into our own half as much, where he can't cause any damage, and to be pushing forwards only (not a criticism of him, he is trying to do more than he should be though). You put Merson on the pitch in comparison to Jack.. different class to me.

I also think he is strong enough to stay on his feet a bit more. the one problem is he holds onto the ball too long, that isn't party, I suspect, because no one is making the right runs for him to make the pass, hope it is that and not that he's slow in the thinking when it comes to passing.
When he does move it will be very interesting to see what happens, there's chance he could pan out like Ross Barkley.

I don’t know how many of you follow jack on social media, but we’re nearly bottom of the league and all I see is post after post about opposition players.

I don’t get it... other current players don’t do this, do they?

I don’t know how many of you follow jack on social media, but we’re nearly bottom of the league and all I see is post after post about opposition players.

I don’t get it... other current players don’t do this, do they?

Mutual sucking is what they all do mate....it's one of the reasons I don't write as much now. It's not news, it's not relevant and I'm not a mushroom so I try and not treat others like they are.

Fleeing the scene could be the bigger problem legally surely?
He didn't, he left his contact details with someone. If there is no injury, the police don't come out anymore. Hence they strolled along to the scene when it suited them.

I'm sure that the first thing Jack did would have been to phone his lawyer. They would have advised him - probably to get the hell out of there before any press turned up.

To have him out wide just because we haven't got enough quality wingers is a waste. If needs be play Elmo wide right, or even Freddy when fit. You accommodate your best players.

Agreed.

I think this is where Smith has been exposed a little. I agree with his decision to play him up there initially however we either lack the talent or the plan to make it successful. I would say it has been a combination, Target links well but he is a liability defensively.

He has played his best football out wide, this season he has played there for most of the season and has never played so well. He has done fuck all in the centre so far since the restart. Not clear at all to me he will add more value in the middle, time will tell.

He didn't, he left his contact details with someone. If there is no injury, the police don't come out anymore. Hence they strolled along to the scene when it suited them.

I'm sure that the first thing Jack did would have been to phone his lawyer. They would have advised him - probably to get the hell out of there before any press turned up.

Nope;

Footballer Jack Grealish has been charged with driving offences after a car crash during the coronavirus lockdown.

The Aston Villa captain, 24, is accused of hitting parked cars before fleeing the scene in Solihull on Sunday 29 March.

He faces charges of driving without due care and attention and failing to stop at the scene.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-53096828

If he had stayed, surely he would have been breathalysed?

You don't decide when you leave a scene of a crime I don't think.

Sorry for repeating an above post but I felt today's showing only adds more weight to my post. Simply, I do not understand the clamour for him to play in the middle.

Grealish has never, ever excelled when playing in central midfield. This season has been the best of his career by every meaningful metric and the eye ball test. He has never played so well and he has done this from an inside left position.

On the left he gets more space and it guarantees he stays further up the pitch. In the middle he struggles more due to less space, his passing frankly isn't amazing from that position either and he spends too much time in his own half.

For me Grealish should either be back in an inside left position or have a freer role off the forward.

Its painfully obvious to me that him, the rest of the team and every opposition team know full well that bar some miracle he's the only person in claret and blue that's going to do anything at all.

Opposition knows that if they mark him close and foul him every chance they get there's a good chance we aren't scoring.

Our lot don't believe in themselves enough not to rely on him. Including passing to him when others are in a better position.

He in turn will try too much. We need to learn how to be a team again.