driving around medway today | Page 2 | Vital Football

driving around medway today

I was raised in Gravesend so I’m hardly in a position to criticise The Medway Towns 😂

Gravesend was a bit rough back in the day but now it’s at a new level.

My youngest brother, who is a solicitor still chooses to live there but I think that is mainly because of the rail link to London for his wife.
They rarely venture into the town.

In levels of crappiness, Gravesend has got to be up there.
Mind you, I left Gravesend and moved to Deptford 😂

I was raised in Gravesend so I’m hardly in a position to criticise The Medway Towns 😂

Gravesend was a bit rough back in the day but now it’s at a new level.

My youngest brother, who is a solicitor still chooses to live there but I think that is mainly because of the rail link to London for his wife.
They rarely venture into the town.

In levels of crappiness, Gravesend has got to be up there.
Mind you, I left Gravesend and moved to Deptford 😂

Gravesend hasn't been served kindly by the ways things have gone but I still like it. Grew up in Longfield on and off and Dartford and Gravesend were big towns to me. I like to take the ferry to Essex now and again, free with my bus pass and the bike goes too. Gravesend type rough isn't scary.

It is definitely top as regards restaurants in my opinion.As well as the very popular Nazi's for a good curry,Choaladda thai restaurant is very under rated and in my opinion is one of the best value for money restaurants anywhere in the area.On top of that the shopping is infinitely better than the rest of Medway now. Supermarkets apart perhaps .Another restaurant I would recommend is the Kings arms at Upnor.

Chris , yes agree with you about that Choaladda being under rated. Shame more people didn't go as it closed down a year ago!! ☹️

I too took a drive around the part of Kent where I grew up (Sittingbourne/ Sheppey).

What's clear is that the towns are total khazi's (which you could say about a lot of places) but the villages, coastline and countryside are fantastic. I took them for granted when I lived there but then when you're 17 Amadeus is more important.

"Nazi's"!!!! Are you sure that's the name?? Most unfortunate if so. Can think of a couple of posters on here who may like it though. :-)

King's Arms due to open their garden up I believe on 6th July.

Yes re Strood. I was born in Gillingham and Strood used to be the poor end of the towns. Seemedited s to have swapped round now.
Well spotted I have edited it now.

Noel Edmonds filmed Deal or no deal in the town.
Actually me and the missus plan to have a couple of nights in one of those nice looking pubs on the seafront as our first mini holiday when things settle down. Had a nice pint at the King's Head last summer. The other is the Port Arms I believe. Any recommendations wxgill?

Ps- sorry this isn't up to your usual standard of complex queries.

Actually me and the missus plan to have a couple of nights in one of those nice looking pubs on the seafront as our first mini holiday when things settle down. Had a nice pint at the King's Head last summer. The other is the Port Arms I believe. Any recommendations wxgill?

We have thought of doing the same. Damn that means it will be swarming with OAP lefties with a penchant for real ale. There will be fighting on the beach, lost bus passes and worse.

I too took a drive around the part of Kent where I grew up (Sittingbourne/ Sheppey).

What's clear is that the towns are total khazi's (which you could say about a lot of places) but the villages, coastline and countryside are fantastic. I took them for granted when I lived there but then when you're 17 Amadeus is more important.

All those towns would be improved by taking the traffic out and making the centres attractive places to move about in and to be. It's not difficult and has been done succesfully elsewhere, especially abroad.

Could have put this on the joke thread, but I thought it would good here....

Kent Police are closing in on the Medway Towns Terrorist Organisation!
They have arrested Bin Mugging, Bin Stealing, but there is currently no sign of Bin Working!

For food the Kings Head in Kingsdown (not the seafront King's Head):

http://www.kingsheadkingsdown.co.uk/

We love the food there as it's great and not overpriced. Simple English food and good portions.

Do not go to Dunkelys in Deal under any circumstances. Over priced food and rudeness.

For views go to the beach at st Margarets Bay and for a drink the Smugglers in the village (St Margarets).

Do you require any tips for accommodation?

We love the food there as it's great and not overpriced. Simple English food and good portions.

Do not go to Dunkelys in Deal under any circumstances. Over priced food and rudeness.

For views go to the beach at st Margarets Bay and for a drink the Smugglers in the village (St Margarets).

Yes please re accommodation and thanks for the tips.

I used to live up The Rise in Kingsdown overlooking the school gardens 😃

I didn't use the Kings Head or Zetland , but regularly frequented the Rising Sun
Great village , great pub !