What are you watching at the moment? Any recommendations? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What are you watching at the moment? Any recommendations?

It`s mentioned on another thread, but if you`re inclined toward watching movies/box sets about Organised Crime then you`ll find it hard to beat The Sopranos. Apart from being very well acted it has a highly plausible and authentic script. Brilliant TV.

I too love Italian dramas. Even Montalbano - daft stories but always with top italian totti! But the lead in "Thou shall not kill", Miriam Leone, is utterly gorgeous (former Miss Italy) and her beauty is accentuated because her character is always clothed in plain grey and she wears little or no make up. .

Try "Just one look" on Walter Presents. A siimilar very watchable lead (Virginie Ledoyen) and only 7 episodes long. It's a Harlem Corben story so a bit stupid, but I enjoyed it

What?! Wheel of fucking fortune?! Is this one of your 'funnies', jokerman?!

It's America's game, with the gorgeous Vanna White on after the local news while we're cooking, and drinking. I'd like to buy a vowel, Pat.[/QUOTE]

Just googled Vanna White. I prefer Jenny Powell!

My boy used to have a Wheel of Fortune computer game. It was quite good for helping teach him letter, words and spellings. Only problems were that it was American, so neither of us got quite a few of the answers/references and the spellings weren't always correct!

It's America's game, with the gorgeous Vanna White on after the local news while we're cooking, and drinking. I'd like to buy a vowel, Pat.

Just googled Vanna White. I prefer Jenny Powell!

My boy used to have a Wheel of Fortune computer game. It was quite good for helping teach him letter, words and spellings. Only problems were that it was American, so neither of us got quite a few of the answers/references and the spellings weren't always correct![/QUOTE]

She has 11 years on her. Vanna's not my type, but she can wear a dress. The spellings and phrases would kill me too, plus I'd freeze.

Blacklist. But you'll need to go back to the start.

Also watched all seven seasons of True Blood. on DVD. Kitsch vampire series with lots of blood and nudity. I really enjoyed it.

Have any of you seen 'Three Identical Strangers'? I watched it today.

Quite an unbelievable story. Starts off with a real feelgood factor to it but by the end it's ever so sad. Totally outrageous that it was all some kind of experiment/social study that never even got published and the findings aren't even available to view until 2066.

It's on Netflix, it's worth a watch.

Bettany Hughes (with huge boobs) on Ch5 is re-tracing Odysseus' 10 year journey back to Ithaca. It should take about 20 days so he obviously got up to a few shenanigans on the way. Currently showing 3 episodes out of the 6.

I also found Buddha's recommendation, Sitting in Limbo excellent. The guy who played the main part was a DC in The Bill albeit, playing a much older person, this time. Took me a while to figure who it was. I now need to see nursey; liking stuff that Buddha recommends.

But the lead in "Thou shall not kill", Miriam Leone, is utterly gorgeous (former Miss Italy) and her beauty is accentuated because her character is always clothed in plain grey and she wears little or no make up. .
I think there might be a new series this week

Grayson Perry's Art Club on C4 is about the most uplifting lockdown telly I can recommend, even if you are not arty.
If you want a non stop adrenaline rush of violence, sex and bad lip synching then Sky Rojos on Netflix is a belter!

Spiral Series 6.

To think Buddha reckons our cops and system dodgy !!!!
Don't worry, Ted Hastings and the gang are back to root out Police corruption. (Line of duty) I just thank the lord I know what all the acronyms are, the layman must have been bamboozled. Apparently there's an UCO within the OCG who's running a CHIS and it's all gone TITSUP. Might turn out to be a LOB though. Just need to check PNC and CAD to see if he's got a CRO and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Sweet mother of God!!!!!!!!

Great TV, just hope we find out who H is in time.

Line of Duty - Unfortunately the dialog and delivery completely baffled me and story line seems to be pony. Jumping the shark maybe?

Caliphate (Swedish with subtitles) and Mosul (Arabic with subtitles) on netflix were very good.

To the lake (russian with subtitles) was ok as well. Netflix as well. A Russian view on a pandemic outbreak.