Aston Vile | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Vile

That was an abysmal performance to a team who have taken 4 points off us this season and a team I pray get relegated. A poor attempt by Dubravka for their goal, whether or not Shelvey blocked his view I'm not sure.

We played like a team that thinks it's safe although the strange circumstances and the near 90 degree heat wont have helped. Mentality wise, playing in the heat just generally makes you play in friendly mode although the upcoming Man City game will see temperatures a good 15c lower, so nee excuses for a shit performance.

An abject performance only saved by ASM, who stopped us from certain defeat, only him and Grealish with any quality in a god awful game with two shite sides. Their goal was entirely of our own making, casual, arrogant passing across the midfield gave the ball away needlessly resulting in their corner. What the fuck is the point of Almiron and Shelvey at the near post to prevent the ball from getting any further, only to watch it go past them.

Reading this morning that Brucie wants to make the most of the fit again Carol and Gayle. Jesus wept it's like being in a time warp, 10 years ago perhaps but these two shouldn't be near a premier league club now and not as your main goal threat. I bet Citeh must be shitting themselves with these two and Joelinton

Reading this morning that Brucie wants to make the most of the fit again Carol and Gayle. Jesus wept it's like being in a time warp, 10 years ago perhaps but these two shouldn't be near a premier league club now and not as your main goal threat. I bet Citeh must be shitting themselves with these two and Joelinton

Life under Ashley, if we’re not sold I fully expect the return of Leon Best in Charnleys next five year plan.

Saint Maxim apart, the rest are mediocre at best.
The defence looks vulnerable and there isnt' a lot happening up front.
Shows how standards have dropped over the years, just wish the PL would pull their finger out.

Life under Ashley, if we’re not sold I fully expect the return of Leon Best in Charnleys next five year plan.
Leon Best would walk into this side.
No-one defending Lascelles today?
As for our world class goalkeeper...................another 2 points hoyed in.
Don't accept the crumbs Ashley leaves on the table.

Lascelles was abysmal again. Just like he has been nearly every single game since he joined. His positioning is shocking and he turns like a cruise liner. I lose count during games the amount of times he's just standing in the middle marking shadows whilst the ball either goes over his head or whizzes passed him. He must have something on Ashley because he's one of the worst defenders I have witnessed play football. I include amateur football in that too.

Poor game both sides crap move on take the point and hopefully get the take over done. City on Sunday knowing our lot we’ll beat them actually no😀

What does Lascelles need defending from today?

I dont think hes a great player myself but then I dont expect much from 3million pound Ashley signings

To single him out for attention in games where we haven't conceded just seems a little strange to me

I dont think hes a great player myself but then I dont expect much from 3million pound Ashley signings

To single him out for attention in games where we haven't conceded just seems a little strange to me
Didn't we concede a goal? But you are right he is an Ashley bargain basement job.

I was refering the the Sheff Utd thread where you singled him out in a game we won 3 nowt

Mentioning him in this thread was also a bit weird, when you ask if nobody was defending him - a game where he hadn't done anything noteworthy of blame therefore needing no defending