Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 50 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

I don't mind the Jose way if it means trophies at the end of it. But I just can't see that happening now. Especially now Covid has set the club back years.

Circumstances have changed and I'm not sure Jose is the right fit going forward.

he isn't, but he'll stick around until something better comes along, that said I was told he/his family etc want to stay in London back in their old home now and so this may well be his last job in club management.

he isn't, but he'll stick around until something better comes along, that said I was told he/his family etc want to stay in London back in their old home now and so this may well be his last job in club management.

Can't see him lasting long here. Mind you not having fans at the new stadium may help his chances. Next season tops I reckon.

It’s a simple equation...who is running the team on the pitch..the manager or the players...I’m tired of players with no backbone who can’t deal with criticism, whether justified or not...they will always let you and the team down when it counts...

If the situation with ND is as it appears to be then the decision for Levy is does he back his manager or the player (and his hangers on)...it would be a huge and expensive call to get rid of Jose now not to mention the destabilising effect of yet another manager even if one could be found at this stage of the season so that’s not going to happen, and starting again for next season, if there is one, is also a big gamble given that Jose is just beginning to build some structure with the players we have.....given that the only money likely to be available for new faces is from sales then I think ND is our transfer budget...

Shame about the loss of what we all believe to be outstanding talent but he clearly doesn’t fit in the Jose squad....of course if Levy tells Jose to play him or refuses to sell him then maybe that could spark Jose’s departure but I don’t think that is likely but you never know....for now it appears that ND is not part of our playing squad.

It’s a simple equation...who is running the team on the pitch..the manager or the players...I’m tired of players with no backbone who can’t deal with criticism, whether justified or not...they will always let you and the team down when it counts...

If the situation with ND is as it appears to be then the decision for Levy is does he back his manager or the player (and his hangers on)...it would be a huge and expensive call to get rid of Jose now not to mention the destabilising effect of yet another manager even if one could be found at this stage of the season so that’s not going to happen, and starting again for next season, if there is one, is also a big gamble given that Jose is just beginning to build some structure with the players we have.....given that the only money likely to be available for new faces is from sales then I think ND is our transfer budget...

Shame about the loss of what we all believe to be outstanding talent but he clearly doesn’t fit in the Jose squad....of course if Levy tells Jose to play him or refuses to sell him then maybe that could spark Jose’s departure but I don’t think that is likely but you never know....for now it appears that ND is not part of our playing squad.

he only doesn't or didn't fit as Jose used him as an excuse for our poor performances - it's what he always has done and will do whenever the going gets tough - never ceases to amaze me how he gets away with it again and again - of course until eventually he doesn't and people realise the Emperor has no clothes.

I would welcome Levy looking at this and going, you know what - "Jose, eat shit and make it up, we're not selling him"..and if he doesn't, I'd happily see the back of Jose for a manager that can manage players well.

he only doesn't or didn't fit as Jose used him as an excuse for our poor performances - it's what he always has done and will do whenever the going gets tough - never ceases to amaze me how he gets away with it again and again - of course until eventually he doesn't and people realise the Emperor has no clothes.

I would welcome Levy looking at this and going, you know what - "Jose, eat shit and make it up, we're not selling him"..and if he doesn't, I'd happily see the back of Jose for a manager that can manage players well.
My point was that he doesn’t fit with our squad because Jose is in charge of the squad and doesn’t want to play him....after all the previous allegations about bus throwing and fitness, Jose rolled him out against Leipzig and ND chose to stick two fingers up to Jose and the team with a performance that thoroughly merited Jose’s comment that in the first half we had no MF....a truculent response from the player and clearly bridges appear to have been well and truly burned....

The current situation has been caused by a combination of the stadium indirectly sucking money out of the playing budget, Poch’s failure to recruit with the budget he had available which was somewhat understandable given that he probably felt we needed the top class level of player that we couldn’t afford, and then when Levy stumps up the cash basically walking out of the club leaving the way open for a new manager.

Unlike many, I like Jose but he wasn’t on my list of managers and if we were looking for a progressive, motivational manager my suggestion of the current Brighton manager was dismissed, people gravitating to a selection of so called brilliant foreign managers, many of whom are past their sell by date....

So we went for one and now we are where we are....say what you like about a Jose but without the ND saga he walked into a nightmare of underperforming players, an ageing squad and injuries to key players plus no time for proper training sessions....he had plenty of real excuses, plus the media on his back with leaked stories about primitive training methods and personality clashes....so yesterday’s man says everyone....that may be true, but in the circumstances that he was recruited who is to say any of the other superstar managers would have done better...that’s all conjecture and opinion, meanwhile we are in a mess financially, don’t seem to be producing high calibre youngsters, although even if they are there I wouldn’t expect to see them with just 8 games to go and a very outside chance of CL football to play for....in that context, ND and his ego is a distraction, disappointing as the situation appears to be.

I really have mixed feelings on this subject. It can't be denied that Jose threw Ndombele under the bus, but his performances in Poch's latter days, and Jose's early days were hardly inspiring, whereby Mourinho's criticism of the player were certainly justified, albeit that his methods weren't. On the other side of the coin, Jose long since ceased to be the special one, his tactics and behaviour at this stage of his career consistently divide fans, pundits and it seems players. I have to believe that Levy is having misgivings about appointing him within twenty four hours of Poch's departure, albeit that the negotiation was probably going on for some time before that. Clearly the two of them won't be working together at Spurs, and it looks like Ndombele will be leaving. Will that be the right decision? I tend to feel that medium to longer term Ndombele would prove to be a better asset for Spurs than Mourinho. At least however if we sell him, we will probably recover most of what we paid for him, if he moves into Europe. If we get rid of Jose, it will just be more money down the drain, but will probably be even more money down the drain if he stays.

I really have mixed feelings on this subject. It can't be denied that Jose threw Ndombele under the bus, but his performances in Poch's latter days, and Jose's early days were hardly inspiring, whereby Mourinho's criticism of the player were certainly justified, albeit that his methods weren't. On the other side of the coin, Jose long since ceased to be the special one, his tactics and behaviour at this stage of his career consistently divide fans, pundits and it seems players. I have to believe that Levy is having misgivings about appointing him within twenty four hours of Poch's departure, albeit that the negotiation was probably going on for some time before that. Clearly the two of them won't be working together at Spurs, and it looks like Ndombele will be leaving. Will that be the right decision? I tend to feel that medium to longer term Ndombele would prove to be a better asset for Spurs than Mourinho. At least however if we sell him, we will probably recover most of what we paid for him, if he moves into Europe. If we get rid of Jose, it will just be more money down the drain, but will probably be even more money down the drain if he stays.
I think that even if Levy sacks Jose there is no guarantee that ND would stay or want to play for us if the Barcelona noise is true...so the squad picture wouldn’t change and we’d be back to square one.

The more I think about it, the best outcome Jose can get is going these 9 games unbeaten. We've navigated 2 games with 4 points and he has everyone mostly fit. He's made some tough decisions and now it is about building momentum. Missing out on CL isn't failure if we give an account of ourselves over these 9 games. The damage was done in the early part of the season anyway.

We really need to resist judging Jose until the end of next season when he has chance to develop something different from what he started with. There will always be the toxic media's bandwagon against him and we need to stand strong against those idiots and back our manager.

The more I think about it, the best outcome Jose can get is going these 9 games unbeaten. We've navigated 2 games with 4 points and he has everyone mostly fit. He's made some tough decisions and now it is about building momentum. Missing out on CL isn't failure if we give an account of ourselves over these 9 games. The damage was done in the early part of the season anyway.

We really need to resist judging Jose until the end of next season when he has chance to develop something different from what he started with. There will always be the toxic media's bandwagon against him and we need to stand strong against those idiots and back our manager.
After we lost to Chelsea at the end of February I posted on here that our remaining fixture list was such that we could go the remaining eleven games unbeaten, albeit that we probably wouldn't win many of them. That prediction lasted one game when we lost to Wolves, since then its been two draws and a win, and I remain confident we won't lose any of the last seven.
We are simply not good enough for CL at the moment, but I wouldn't like to see us out of Europe altogether. Sixth place and Europa qualification will do for me.

There's also momentum. Teams that finish a season strongly tend to continue that form into the following season.

My point was that he doesn’t fit with our squad because Jose is in charge of the squad and doesn’t want to play him....after all the previous allegations about bus throwing and fitness, Jose rolled him out against Leipzig and ND chose to stick two fingers up to Jose and the team with a performance that thoroughly merited Jose’s comment that in the first half we had no MF....a truculent response from the player and clearly bridges appear to have been well and truly burned....

As was said at the time, he left the midfield tactically exposed - hence changing formation to make up for it and then throwing Ndombele under the bus to cover the poor setup/deflect. Peak Dembele would have struggled to cope in that game. That said Ndombele performance was definitely poor, but he wasn't giving the tools to succeed by his manager.

As was said at the time, he left the midfield tactically exposed - hence changing formation to make up for it and then throwing Ndombele under the bus to cover the poor setup/deflect. Peak Dembele would have struggled to cope in that game. That said Ndombele performance was definitely poor, but he wasn't giving the tools to succeed by his manager.
That’s one interpretation, not commonly shared by many.