Politics and football. | Vital Football

Politics and football.

walgarthjohn

Vital 1st Team Regular
Football is getting dragged in to this Black Lives matter thing And so does every other the only thing wrong that I can see with the banner last night it said Burnley on it thats my thoughts on it

The issue is that BLM is highlighting systemic racism in our society. And many are acknowledging this and trying to inform themselves on these issues.

White Lives Matter and All Lives Matter however are associated to the far-right groups. They willfully miss the point of BLM. Also the bloke who organised it has links to the far-right nutters.

I would happily enlighten you on BLM's motivation and requests if you fancy dropping me PM. You obviously need a bit of help joining the dots. Here to help.

The issue is that BLM is highlighting systemic racism in our society. And many are acknowledging this and trying to inform themselves on these issues.

White Lives Matter and All Lives Matter however are associated to the far-right groups. They willfully miss the point of BLM. Also the bloke who organised it has links to the far-right nutters.

I would happily enlighten you on BLM's motivation and requests if you fancy dropping me PM. You obviously need a bit of help joining the dots. Here to help.
No thanks

whats far right ? a fascist or a democrat lines are being blurred
by the lame stream media and others if you do not agree with their agenda

If you are not in agreement with BLM does this then make you a bigot, racist or just ignorant because many people who have supported efforts like "kick it out" and others who have worked towards promoting racial harmony and equality may not lend their support to BLM although they will be in agreement that indeed black lives do matter.

It's an upside down world when the phrase Black Lives Matter, is considered less racist than All Lives Matter. Just because somebody has bought a t shirt with Black Lives Matter on doesn't make them any less racist than me. I won't be buying one by the way, so am I racist?

I don't discriminate. I treat everybody the same. Black, White, Asian, Inuit or whatever, there are good of each there are bad of each. The way I treat them individually defines me as a person. Not what catchphrase I adopt. That goes for race, sexuality, religion etc.

Too many people are too quick to throw isms around (does that make sense?) and accuse people. Equality works, or should work, right across the board and in all directions. So if All Lives Matter offends anybody, maybe those people should be looking at themselves and not other people with different opinions.

If you are not in agreement with BLM does this then make you a bigot, racist or just ignorant because many people who have supported efforts like "kick it out" and others who have worked towards promoting racial harmony and equality may not lend their support to BLM although they will be in agreement that indeed black lives do matter.
It doesn't make you a bigot. You don't need to necessarily agree with their technique, but the message is clear. BLM want equality.

whats far right ? a fascist or a democrat lines are being blurred
by the lame stream media and others if you do not agree with their agenda
Well BLM was set up by black people who are being subjugated and are disengaging with society because of centuries of; personal attacks, lack of job prospects due to skin colour and targeted by the police for their skin colour.

White/All lives matter is linked to the far-right. It's all very clear and all the information is there. Try and actually listen to what people are saying. Did you not see Ben Mee's interview?

So here is a white guy totally understanding the issue. "Completely missed the point... These people need to get into the 21st century" Maybe take note?

It's an upside down world when the phrase Black Lives Matter, is considered less racist than All Lives Matter. Just because somebody has bought a t shirt with Black Lives Matter on doesn't make them any less racist than me. I won't be buying one by the way, so am I racist?

I don't discriminate. I treat everybody the same. Black, White, Asian, Inuit or whatever, there are good of each there are bad of each. The way I treat them individually defines me as a person. Not what catchphrase I adopt. That goes for race, sexuality, religion etc.

Too many people are too quick to throw isms around (does that make sense?) and accuse people. Equality works, or should work, right across the board and in all directions. So if All Lives Matter offends anybody, maybe those people should be looking at themselves and not other people with different opinions.
You're not racist for not wearing or buying a BLM t shirt. There's loads of people trying to make a quick buck from this.

But BLM is a movement dedicated to creating equality between ALL races which simply isn't there atm. The All lives matter/White lives matter movements are backed by far-right and racist organisations.

Of course all lives matter, nobody is saying they don't. But black lives need more attention at the moment. And we as white folk have to look to change people's perspectives. If your mate says something racist, call them out. If a black person tells you they are being attacked due to race, believe them. Ask our black friends what we can do to help.

Flying a banner over the Etihad with "White lives matter" on isn't helping.

And although the language isn't racist in itself, it speaks to a higher power. That of racism, fascism and far-right support. That's where it came from. EDL and fellow fascists donating a tenner each for a banner were the ones who paid to put it over the stadium.

A lot of this BLM movement is counter productive. An entire genre ( white ) of people are being vilified for the actions of a few slave traders 200 years ago. What the fuck has that got to do with me or are all white people the devil incarnate?.... it will foster resentment against this movement.

Also, in light of this all muslims must be guilty because of the Islamist terrorist by the lefty thinking.....right ?

A lot of this BLM movement is counter productive. An entire genre ( white ) of people are being vilified for the actions of a few slave traders 200 years ago. What the fuck has that got to do with me or are all white people the devil incarnate?.... it will foster resentment against this movement.

Also, in light of this all muslims must be guilty because of the Islamist terrorist by the lefty thinking.....right ?

I don't feel vilified hindley. Do you? Even if you do, I'm not really sure why you should.

The slavery stuff is really just an offshoot ................I see no problem at all in remembering our past .....though I'm not sure if we need to commemorate or venerate those who exploited it and made their wealth from some of the more regrettable sides of it.

Your Muslim analogy is false. In the same way that no-one is saying that "an entire genre of people are being vilified", then no reasonable person would accuse an entire community of being guilty by association through religion of the acts of others.

Save the children.
Help the aged.
Black lives matter.
There's no problem with any of the above. None of them exclude those outside the statements. IT would be illogical to think that they do.

I completely agree with the term "Black Lives Matter" but not with the movement, the movement is used by some people sadly to create division and not unity. Sadly as always, the few people ruin it for the others, and that includes everyone. Racism is much bigger than football and politics, so it's extremely sad the left and right wing mobs use It for their own political gain. Why is this movement so popular at the moment? Because the media want to use it for political purposes, I assure your if there was no election in November in the USA you would of heard nothing from it.

Sadly there is two types of people in this world, good and evil, and the evil are right now causing division. Up to the majority of the good people to see though this mirage and create unity from left to right wing groups. Much bigger than politics, always will be.

As for football, not so sure, don't agree football using the BLM movement for political exposure, but agree with using the BLM term to support eradicating racism.

[QUOTE="hindleymonwafc, post: 2330486, member: 10714"An entire genre ( white ) of people are being vilified for the actions of a few slave traders 200 years ago [/QUOTE]

No they/we''re not