The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 60 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

Watched the first half and then my lad and the daughter in law came round and we sat in the garden and didn't bother with the second half (that's how much interest I have at the moment). Maybe just about enough done now to stop up.

Its hopefully irrelevant now but dont let anyone tell you an owner isnt bothered about empty seats - a televised game with no crowd and no atmosphere isnt worth a light

With safety all but secured, a announcement on piracy from KSA, I cannot see a way this cant be announced within 48 hours now.

Any last lingering doubts by Staveley and Co, must now be gone....

Same for the FA, got no reason to piss around, out of excuses.

Its hopefully irrelevant now but dont let anyone tell you an owner isnt bothered about empty seats - a televised game with no crowd and no atmosphere isnt worth a light

I noticed as well because of the current climate advertising Shite Direct hardly got a look in, that and the lack of match day revenue is enough to upset the fat fuck, so much so he’s genuinely trying to sell it this time, the sad lying prick.

Another positive Sunday night with stories that things could be concluded this week. Usually the negativity turns up around a Tuesday but surely that pattern has been done to death now.

What looked like a tricky week could yet see safety guaranteed by beating Aston Villa, a Wembley cup trip booked by beating Man City next weekend and an eventual announcement that Ashley has fucked off. I bet the mackems are dreading our best case scenario as their lives are depending on us getting shite news.

I fear another twist. Mandy was 'on the ropes' in court when being cross examined by Barclays QC. Let's hope it doesn't affect her involvement with the NUFC takeover

Football’s back on and the PL gravy train is in motion with the media darlings about to win the league. Leaving them free this week to concentrate on passing our deal, which I expect them to do, hopefully by tomorrow.

My reading of the situation is that the PL "couldn't put a timescale on it" because they had asked the buyers to crack down on piracy. So the action was with the buyers. Its done now (at least as a gesture) so the PL can save face and wave the takeover through. Hopefully.

If it's not sewn up by this week I shall lose all hope. There is no reason to stop the takeover now and absolutely no reason as to why it can't be ratified by close of business today.
I really think that the Green light was given today with the way all the press is reporting, so 3 days for the money transfer, Thursday would be my guess

I really think that the Green light was given today with the way all the press is reporting, so 3 days for the money transfer, Thursday would be my guess

No need to wait until Thursday. Make a press release in the next 3 mins advising all is well and that the Parties are free to exchange monies. Saudi can release a statement tonight saying all systems go. Simple as that.

I heard that Derek from the ratification department has been furloughed and we might have to wait till August until they can bring him back part time

I hate to say it but I don't see any way they could throw it out now. It would be lunacy from the PL to turn away investors like that.
Considering the Saudis have just taken the tv rights for both the German and Italian leagues, no doubt the premier league is next when bidding starts next year

At a guess, if this is really going to get done then surely next Wednesday (1st July) is a significant date.

Obviously im talking in relation to it being an important date pre-lockdown but isn't that the date where the tables and all club stuff used to reset itself? Just thinking in regards to contracts with Fun 88 and what not.

Just seems very complicated to buy out part-contracts etc

At a guess, if this is really going to get done then surely next Wednesday (1st July) is a significant date.

Obviously im talking in relation to it being an important date pre-lockdown but isn't that the date where the tables and all club stuff used to reset itself? Just thinking in regards to contracts with Fun 88 and what not.

Just seems very complicated to buy out part-contracts etc

That has nothing to do with the PL though. Therefore the approval should have been announced yesterday at the very latest.