The Premier League 2019/20 Season Thread | Vital Football

The Premier League 2019/20 Season Thread

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
A thread to discuss:

12:30: Watford v Leicester City (BT Sport 1)

15:00: Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal (BT Sport 1)

17:30: West Ham United v Wolverhampton Wanderers (Sky Sports)

19:45: AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace (BBC One)

Having so far only watched the Norwich-Saints game and the current Bournemouth-Palace one ( as I only have freeview) one thing I've noticed is far less histrionics and playacting from the players.

Perhaps the enforced absence of supporters is affecting this aspect which might not be a bad thing in the long run.

Of course it might just be that it's only been so in these two games

Having so far only watched the Norwich-Saints game and the current Bournemouth-Palace one ( as I only have freeview) one thing I've noticed is far less histrionics and playacting from the players.

Perhaps the enforced absence of supporters is affecting this aspect which might not be a bad thing in the long run.

Of course it might just be that it's only been so in these two games
One of the commentators on 5 Live made a similar comment.

A thread to discuss today's Premier League matches:

14:00: Newcastle United v Sheffield United (Sky Sports)

16:15: Aston Villa v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

19:00: Everton v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

For those of us with Freeview if you are interested the Newcastle/Blades and Merseyside game are both on Pick, Channel 11

Blades game is poor.
Centre-back sent off wants fecking, that Joelinton couldn't score on a dartboard!

On the free-to-air channels, yes; and yes.

Hope the broadcasters soon realise how Mickey Mouse it sounds and drop it.

It is naff but I suspect they will keep it to prevent broadcasting a bit of effin' and jeffin' at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon if there was no crown noise to cover it

Watching and seeing a Chelsea defender give the ball away, but obviously no crowd reaction, in some circumstances no crowd could be a positive I wonder? Got me thinking of the odd player at Lincoln who the crowd didn’t completely take too (even John Akinde) wonder how they might get on if they knew they wouldn’t hear a groan go up if they missed a chance or similar.