Coronavirus tipping point | Page 160 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

"My new minister for humility Mr. Kerr will ensure that we learn from our mistake and be kinder in the future".

Very good :clap:

Thats the problem nobby. We all make mistakes, errors of judgement and wrong decisions. We are humans.

A PM who actually came out and said that would earn a lot of respect. Problem is our parliamentary system is adversarial so you are right the opposition would declare the PM weak etc. Etc.

Our parliamentarians spend more effort putting the other side down than they do in constructive and progressive policy making.

It is such a shit show when you look at it.

Makes me chuckle a bit. If the govt don't listen to the people and steam ahead with a policy, they are undemocratic and heartless.
Listen and change a policy and it's a huge embarrassing U turn.
Why not congratulate him? He's changed a government's policy for the better so should be congratulated
My point was that he congratulated Rashford as if it wasn't his goveenment that had previously refused it.

Well done for changing policy. I've never been one too go "ya boo u-turn". It is one of the reasons our politics is so sh#t and, across all parties you are condemed both ways.

One minute he's a right wing fascist, then when he listens to the people and does the right thing (supports democracy) it's a Uturn. In the meantime Starmer tries to claim the credit for the change.

Isn't politics great. :clap:

From the message today , it sounds most of the UK is noticing a drop in the Covid R number.
Maybe we have finally controlled this horrible pandemic.
Graphs show that the fringes of the country slightly higher , which is what you could expect as the virus reaches these less populated regions.

London is bucking the trend with the highest rates , an outbreak in Leicester and a further outbreak in a meat packing factory in W.Yorks (of all places🤔).

Being a respiratory disease , could there be a risk to the food chain ? (or is this not possible?)
We have been told the virus can live on different surfaces for x number of hours etc.

We have not had a single case in our area for six weeks.
Life is getting back to normal.
A few weeks back, we had a massive influx of day trippers to the beaches and most thought there would be a spike.
So far, nowt.

Quite a lag between events and deaths/ We had all of the protests recently but it might take 3-4 weeks to show on the data.

Although places like China getting a resurgence after weeks of nothing is a concern.

I guess it will always be there lurking. We might just have to accept a death rate like we do with flu.

I see Italy confirmed it was present there last year. Don't tell ........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53106444

From the message today , it sounds most of the UK is noticing a drop in the Covid R number.
Maybe we have finally controlled this horrible pandemic.
Graphs show that the fringes of the country slightly higher , which is what you could expect as the virus reaches these less populated regions.

London is bucking the trend with the highest rates , an outbreak in Leicester and a further outbreak in a meat packing factory in W.Yorks (of all places🤔).

Being a respiratory disease , could there be a risk to the food chain ? (or is this not possible?)
We have been told the virus can live on different surfaces for x number of hours etc.
Interesting about the meat packing factory. Germany have just had a big outbreak at a large abbettoir causing another local lockdown and closing of schools in the area. I haven't seen any info about links with meat processing so probably just coincidence 🤔

Quite a lag between events and deaths/ We had all of the protests recently but it might take 3-4 weeks to show on the data.

Although places like China getting a resurgence after weeks of nothing is a concern.

I guess it will always be there lurking. We might just have to accept a death rate like we do with flu.

I see Italy confirmed it was present there last year. Don't tell ........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53106444
Ssshhhhh 🤫😉

We have not had a single case in our area for six weeks.
Life is getting back to normal.
A few weeks back, we had a massive influx of day trippers to the beaches and most thought there would be a spike.
So far, nowt.
Same here mate.
I don't know if you saw the graph on Sky ,
but the SW was marked out , that's what I was commenting on.
It's probably taken 6 weeks more to reach Cornwall.

Interesting about the meat packing factory. Germany have just had a big outbreak at a large abbettoir causing another local lockdown and closing of schools in the area. I haven't seen any info about links with meat processing so probably just coincidence 🤔

It was on the news. They didn't say where in W.Yorks , which I guess answers my question of whether it's a public health risk (food-wise).

Cases in the US have started to rise. An example of a country that didn't lockdown properly or for long enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53088354

It is worth baring in mind that lockdown rules are decided on a state by state basis by the local governors rather than at the top government level. Under US constitution laws, the main US government can't over rule but only provide assistance if requested.

Most states who were hit early are generally seeing a decline in cases and it is those who generally had low infection rates that are starting to see it flare up. It might be worth thinking of the US as being like the EU but with each state being a different country and that the virus has finally hit some of the smaller countries now that their equivalent of Italy and Spain is largely over it.

It is worth baring in mind that lockdown rules are decided on a state by state basis by the local governors rather than at the top government level. Under US constitution laws, the main US government can't over rule but only provide assistance if requested.

Most states who were hit early are generally seeing a decline in cases and it is those who generally had low infection rates that are starting to see it flare up. It might be worth thinking of the US as being like the EU but with each state being a different country and that the virus has finally hit some of the smaller countries now that their equivalent of Italy and Spain is largely over it.

Good analogy.

It also a huge continent so going to take time to move across the West and the South. The North East is more densely populated I guess so not surprising that it spread so quickly.

That's your only criticism of Thatcher?!
Of her, yes. I'm not talking about her policies, they were what she did, not who she was.
In person, she was a very kind and amenable lady. You do realise that how these people are in public is nothing like what they are in private?

Daughter told me this morning that the app is on her android phone. Looked on my iphone and its there settings/privacy/health/