Forget the statues. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forget the statues.

Generally speaking, statues exist to increase knowledge and wisdom. Maybe too much of society is drowning itself in virtue signalling to notice that the biggest lessons are learned when we educationally absorb the past and move forward. Obsession with blame and virtue signalling simply fan the fires of unrest and prevent joined up thinking.

Statue removal is just a way for the idiots and identity fascists to feel good about themselves.

The reality is that most people do not know or care about statues. People walk past them everyday and do not even think about it.
Those few that do maybe could have been complaining over the years, mainly they do not as it is either not as important as they make out or there is little to no support. My wife and many of my family (of all races) have been working in central london for generations and have no idea what a single statue is apart from nelsons column.

The statues are not holding them back, the lack of effort to make change is. Every empire that existed has a background of bad things, stop making everything an excuse to do nothing, starving kids and inequality need tackling today not in the past. Not one persons life will improve by these actions - except - the call for historical learning is always good.

I don't like a lot of the statues in parliament. Would removing thatchers statue change the removal or harm of our manufacturing and communities.
Just another excuse to do nothing real.

I'm waiting for a petition to remove Christ the redeemer in Rio. His cheeky little water trick put many wine producers out of business back in the day leading to poverty in many Isreali wine producing regions.

Generally speaking, statues exist to increase knowledge and wisdom. Maybe too much of society is drowning itself in virtue signalling to notice that the biggest lessons are learned when we educationally absorb the past and move forward. Obsession with blame and virtue signalling simply fan the fires of unrest and prevent joined up thinking.
Lancs IMHO this is the stand out post on this thread. Could not agree more.

I don't know if I'm being whooshed ... but everyone is commenting on the woman & monkeys ... & no-one has commented on the the lil chap bottom left of the photo .. !

Attachments

• 99118435_10157256387120963_2897001685064876032_n(1).jpg
    99118435_10157256387120963_2897001685064876032_n(1).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 9
What the actual fuck? Unbelievable.

Wrote partly in jest.

Since comparing black people to simians is considered a racist slur, then what that statue shows is a white person standing above a racist depiction of black people and her "stamping" on them.

It made me think of the GAP advert where the image on the right was branded racist as it shows a white kid above and oppressing the black kid by having her arm on the black kids head.

1592572346440.png

The advert on the left was a GAP advert from a few years before so it is clear GAP had a template for photoshoots.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/gap-pulls-passively-racist-ad-7704119

PC Police can find racist symbolism in everything.

1592572813372.png

Interesting side fact - the black and white girls are actually sisters.

In which case '58 should repeat his story. There are at least two of us who've not heard it....
You must be the only two.

It's one of those soppy ones people used to trot out in order to help them win "Britain's Got Talent" when they haven't got talent.

So I'll pass on that request thanks. Rotherhithe may be keen to retell it.;)

Many years ago, when Gills 58 was but a youth, he came off his motorbike (details to be supplied when I can find them). This resulted in him spending some time in hospital (meeting some exciting and special people). The nature of his injuries were quite extensive (once again, details to be supplied). Due to the traumatic experience, he never likes to talk about except in exceptional circumstances when he feels compelled to divulge the harrowing experience to one and all. :scoot:Thankfully this event only happens on the rarest of occasions.

After extensive research, I have been able to find out that Gills 58 had a:400/4 Honda and a BSA Starfire but it was too unreliable.

He had his leg crushed by "white van man" pulling out of a side road without looking properly and had 19 operations, including bone and skin grafts, but managed to resurrect some of sporting career, such as it was (cricket/tennis/badminton) but had to give up football and hockey as another break (already re-broke 3 times) and they told him they'd have to amputate. BUT HE DOES NOT LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THE ACCIDENT OR THE REPERCUSSIONS.

After extensive research, I have been able to find out that Gills 58 had a:400/4 Honda and a BSA Starfire but it was too unreliable.

He had his leg crushed by "white van man" pulling out of a side road without looking properly and had 19 operations, including bone and skin grafts, but managed to resurrect some of sporting career, such as it was (cricket/tennis/badminton) but had to give up football and hockey as another break (already re-broke 3 times) and they told him they'd have to amputate. BUT HE DOES NOT LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THE ACCIDENT OR THE REPERCUSSIONS.

You seem to know lots about him.
Are you sure you're not his 'very close' contact* in the Met ?

* The one he rarely mentions