Coronavirus tipping point | Page 159 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

You are victim blaming. I didn't think it was possible, but you've gone down in my opinion recently. There have been a number of unpleasant and disturbing posts from you recently

Really?! You think even less of me than you already did? Do you really mean that?

If you really, really do, this is gonna hit me hard. I might need some counselling or therapy. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to handle such disappointment. I might even a have a breakdown...

Really?! You think even less of me than you already did? Do you really mean that?

If you really, really do, this is gonna hit me hard. I might need some counselling or therapy. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to handle such disappointment. I might even a have a breakdown...

Yep, the pissing at a park bench story is what I would expect, but your misogyny and the "miss, what about VG?..." whining is a new low

Don’t mock people having breakdowns.
There’s a guy oop norf having one right now 😁

Back to subject, lots of shops including Primark re-opened today. I imagine there will be initial buzz in high streets, but the question is what will it be like in a week or so when the novelty of queuing is wearing thin?

Back to subject, lots of shops including Primark re-opened today. I imagine there will be initial buzz in high streets, but the question is what will it be like in a week or so when the novelty of queuing is wearing thin?

Within a week we will be at 1m instead of 2m.
Within a month there will not be social distancing.
Within 2-3 months we will be back to normal in pubs restaurants and football crowds.

Tankinis will be selling like hot-cakes.

Snowflake!

Media talking more crap. Trying to bully the government into knee jerk reports and actions.

I had another read the 108 pages of the Lammy report. The report is very good, detailed and balanced with excellent recommendations.
https://assets.publishing.service.g...ata/file/643001/lammy-review-final-report.pdf

The only thing is that it is a report on the criminal system and not on anything (very little) to do with inequality before a person reaches the engagement with the justice system. It therefore cannot be used in any way in place of a new piece of work.
The good thing about the report is that if implemented it would be good for all those that get into the system.

The report does mention about early intervention in gangs (more working about the criminals recruiting members for crime) and the lack of family/community engagement.

The government does have a green paper already (in limbo due to general elections, brexit etc).
https://assets.publishing.service.g...ted_Communities_Strategy_Govt_Action_Plan.pdf

That paper is very candid and deals with people not learning or being allowed to learn english. Women not being allowed to vote and absentee fathers, etc.
Wondering if the aim is to join up both papers.

If we just did what needs to be done to alleviate poverty, inequality, poor housing and unemployment for all then you would not need a separate BAME report.

Last edited:
It is obvious why Johnson has commissioned another report. Meanwhile he can fight with every fibre of his body to protect the statue of Winston Churchill against an imaginary campaign to get rid of it. Excellent deflection which will probably work as usual.

When will the public rumble this phoney?

It is obvious why Johnson has commissioned another report. Meanwhile he can fight with every fibre of his body to protect the statue of Winston Churchill against an imaginary campaign to get rid of it. Excellent deflection which will probably work as usual.

When will the public rumble this phoney?

He's well and truly rumbled already 58.

He won a massive majority on 'Get Brexit Done'

After Xmas, the Tories will drop him like a sack of spuds.

I don't think that Johnson will be PM this time in 2022.

He'll be replaced long before the next election. (in my opinion .... not fact )

He's well and truly rumbled already 58.

He won a massive majority on 'Get Brexit Done'

After Xmas, the Tories will drop him like a sack of spuds.

I don't think that Johnson will be PM this time in 2022.

He'll be replaced long before the next election. (in my opinion .... not fact )
Totally agree Shotshy. Tories will reinvent themselves as usual. Unlike Labour who insist on trying to be purist and losing several times in a row before finally seeing sense.

Apart from the politics this lot are talentless. I'd actually rather Thatcher had been in charge during this crisis.

Just heard Johnson congratulate Rashford as if it were not his government that had said no to holiday food vouchers. Wtf!?

Makes me chuckle a bit. If the govt don't listen to the people and steam ahead with a policy, they are undemocratic and heartless.
Listen and change a policy and it's a huge embarrassing U turn.
Why not congratulate him? He's changed a government's policy for the better so should be congratulated

600,000 job losses so far. People keep talking about the 40,000 deaths but 600,000 is a huge figure, it's twice the population of Medway

Why not congratulate him? He's changed a government's policy for the better so should be congratulated

Would be nice if he'd shown a bit of humility. How about "on this issue we got it wrong, we put our hands up, Marcus made us rethink and of course we have changed the policy. We are sorry we got it wrong. What's important is we have enough humility to say that. My new minister for humility Mr. Kerr will ensure that we learn from our mistake and be kinder in the future".

Its only £15 per child per week. I wonder what the government champagne bill is per year .

Would be nice if he'd shown a bit of humility. How about "on this issue we got it wrong, we put our hands up, Marcus made us rethink and of course we have changed the policy. We are sorry we got it wrong. What's important is we have enough humility to say that. My new minister for humility Mr. Kerr will ensure that we learn from our mistake and be kinder in the future".

Its only £15 per child per week. I wonder what the government champagne bill is per year .
Fair point but what PM in history would ever say that?
BTW, I wasn't only referring to this government, its always been the same. A "U turn" has always been seen as a sign of weakness, especially by the press. My only criticism of Thatcher was her "This lady's not for turning" speech. Surely to act on behalf of the populous, even when it goes against a party policy, is a strength and shows flexibility?
Humility is the icing on the cake and I'm sure Rashford isn't too bothered