The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He drives me barmy, but he has to feature because he is a match winner.
Instead of training I wish they would give him a session with the club shrink in order to get him to impose himself more on a game.
He has got stuff in his locker that can win us points.

As much as he blows hot and cold the one thing I would say about him is he's a threat. He has that knack of getting into goalscoring positions, and when he misses he doesn't hide, he just gets into another goalscoring position.... He'll always score his fair share because use of that.

The thing that makes me laugh is that statement is exactly what you could say about Hourihanne but El Ghazi gets no stick compared to Connor and is written off, why? is it because El Ghazi is foreign? My evaluation of the pair of them is that they have not improved and haven't stepped up.

The thing that makes me laugh is that statement is exactly what you could say about Hourihanne but El Ghazi gets no stick compared to Connor and is written off, why? is it because El Ghazi is foreign? My evaluation of the pair of them is that they have not improved and haven't stepped up.

I love Connor so.....

I think they both get stick to be fair. I’d also say (as per my comment a few days ago) wingers would be expected to drift in and out more whereas a central midfielder should be in the game for the full 90 as it’s such a key area. I do think Hourihane could have been given more game time considering the inconsistency of Luiz and Nakamba, although overall would probably put him slightly below Prem level.

I think they both get stick to be fair. I’d also say (as per my comment a few days ago) wingers would be expected to drift in and out more whereas a central midfielder should be in the game for the full 90 as it’s such a key area. I do think Hourihane could have been given more game time considering the inconsistency of Luiz and Nakamba, although overall would probably put him slightly below Prem level.
Well below actually, hasn't got the engine required, nor the skill to be a luxury player. Unfortunately we can also say that for Jota, Lansbury, Trez and El Ghazi - all of whom will be a step above in the Championship (just not all together).

He put a couple of great balls into the box in the first half but faded after. I know wingers are stereotypically inconsistent but El Ghazi is far too inconsistent.

Thought he had a good first half but dissappeared second. As we all know too inconsistent. A fine squad player as he rarely has a game where he creates absolutely nothing but should not have been relied on to be a vital first team player.

Thought he had a good first half but dissappeared second. As we all know too inconsistent. A fine squad player as he rarely has a game where he creates absolutely nothing but should not have been relied on to be a vital first team player.

Very talented lad but lacks kahunas

Very talented lad but lacks kahunas
Is it just a matter of confidence. Everyone can see there is ability, but we rarely work space for him to operate in. Beckham and Neville worked together, Anwar doesn't seem to have that support - the cross he put in when Jack slid him through was excellent (v Sheff I think).

If Jack was the No 10 we all want him to be, I think he'd bring Anwar into the game more - he has made Albert and (to a lesser extent) Conor look brilliant at times with a delayed pass. I believe it's wider than is Anwar shite or not, it's Jack's ability to run the game from No 10 (and stay up the pitch). I'd also suggest that the wing backs would play a crucial role.

Is it a case of poor player or poor coaching.
It's a team game Fulford, everything has to be working to succeed. Do we have all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle? I would suggest that we have some very mis-shapen pieces, but I don't have all the facts as to which ones are broken. That's the dilemma in a nutshell, hierarchy, recruitment, coaches, players - all of them have failed at some level. But we were in such a mess, it was always going to take a while to sort out - just look at our released list. We required open heart surgery not an appendectomy. We are currently in the recovery room and its touch and go whether we will make it.

It's a team game Fulford, everything has to be working to succeed. Do we have all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle? I would suggest that we have some very mis-shapen pieces, but I don't have all the facts as to which ones are broken. That's the dilemma in a nutshell, hierarchy, recruitment, coaches, players - all of them have failed at some level. But we were in such a mess, it was always going to take a while to sort out - just look at our released list. We required open heart surgery not an appendectomy. We are currently in the recovery room and its touch and go whether we will make it.

I agree mate, but what I'm saying is there a decent player there or is he being coached poorly.

I think we will find out either when he is sold or when a new coach comes in.

I agree mate, but what I'm saying is there a decent player there or is he being coached poorly.

I think we will find out either when he is sold or when a new coach comes in.
And I'm saying it's not that black and white. If Anwar finds the right manager/coach and the right team mates he could fulfill his potential, but equally he could (in theory) have the right coaching, but not the right team mates around him. We are talking about people, not commodities and everyone relies on a multitude of others to be at their best.

He could also just be shite lol

Yes, really good penalty, was worried about the lack of run-up, but it was perfectly placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.