The Official Jota Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Official Jota Thread

Hernia ops take a bit of time to get over. You can't afford to stress those muscles until they've really healed. My guess is he'll be out for 3 months.

Well hopefully that explains his poor performances so far and when he is back and fully fit I will see the good player that many were saying he is.

Glad to hear that he is back in training and should be available after the International break. He is in my opinion a good bench option and can certainly pick out a pass. Let's hope that it was his injury that was holding him back a little and that he can now show a burst of pace when needed. It will put a bit of pressure on Trez and El Ghazi to produce the goods.
On another note what has happened to the player that we swapped him for at the Sty? GG has not appeared for them for ages - is it that he is not good enough or is again on a sick note?

I've a feeling that Jota isn't as bad as we think he is. He was carrying an injury when we bought him in the summer. Don't think he's ever got up to speed.
He was probably our best player in pre season and he was absolutely incredible under Dean at Brentford. Gutted that he didn't hit the ground running when the season kicked off, I was excited by him and Wes and their link up play in pre season.

He was probably our best player in pre season and he was absolutely incredible under Dean at Brentford. Gutted that he didn't hit the ground running when the season kicked off, I was excited by him and Wes and their link up play in pre season.

Which is why no one should ever judge anything by pre season training matches. The worst signing of the season. Both in thinking and pedigree. I don't care if it was convenient with Gardner going the other way. That makes it even more stupid. Since when is it sensible that we sign a player because its convenient. I think he signed not long after the play off final and I remember a little bit of deflation as I wasn't expecting this level of player to arrive. A theme that continued as the window progressed. And let's face it those of us questioning last summers acquisitions have had our fears confirmed up to this point.

You make a point above about Anwar being 25. Well Jota is 29 next week . So when he was 28 he signed for us having never played higher than mid table championship in this country. That too says it all about his ability to make it at this level in his career. Give me Anwar any day over waste of a wage Jota .

I've a feeling that Jota isn't as bad as we think he is. He was carrying an injury when we bought him in the summer. Don't think he's ever got up to speed.

Carrying an injury? made sense as a swap for Gardner? . Christ our summer recruitment was barmy then.

He is dreadful mate.

Look at his career. Look at what he (hasn't) done for us . He will never make it for us in this league . And you can hold me to that.

Which is why no one should ever judge anything by pre season training matches. The worst signing of the season. Both in thinking and pedigree. I don't care if it was convenient with Gardner going the other way. That makes it even more stupid. Since when is it sensible that we sign a player because its convenient. I think he signed not long after the play off final and I remember a little bit of deflation as I wasn't expecting this level of player to arrive. A theme that continued as the window progressed. And let's face it those of us questioning last summers acquisitions have had our fears confirmed up to this point.

You make a point above about Anwar being 25. Well Jota is 29 next week . So when he was 28 he signed for us having never played higher than mid table championship in this country. That too says it all about his ability to make it at this level in his career. Give me Anwar any day over waste of a wage Jota .
I'd get rid of both of them to be honest.

Jota has the technical attributes of a premier league player and the physical attributes of a league one player and therein lies his problem. He will never be up to speed at this level as he's a physical pissant, no strength at all, very little in the way of pace.

In terms of vision and first touch he's probably second only to Grealish in the squad but that's not enough in this day and age. For what it's worth I wouldn't class him as a bad signing since he's the sort that can fill in for cup games where we need to rest first teamers.

Jota has the technical attributes of a premier league player and the physical attributes of a league one player and therein lies his problem. He will never be up to speed at this level as he's a physical pissant, no strength at all, very little in the way of pace.

In terms of vision and first touch he's probably second only to Grealish in the squad but that's not enough in this day and age. For what it's worth I wouldn't class him as a bad signing since he's the sort that can fill in for cup games where we need to rest first teamers.

That's pretty much my exact thoughts on Jota. If his physical attributes were on the same level as his technical attributes he'd be a Spanish international. Probably 20 or more years ago when not every top level player was a proper athlete he'd have been a really good player.

That's pretty much my exact thoughts on Jota. If his physical attributes were on the same level as his technical attributes he'd be a Spanish international. Probably 20 or more years ago when not every top level player was a proper athlete he'd have been a really good player.
Hmm not sure he’s that good. If he was on that level technically you could accept poorer physical attributes and you’d build the team around him with quicker or stronger players playing off his creativity and skill. I agree he’s not totally useless but to me looks like a lower La Liga player or even MLS like where Carles Gil who was a very similar case has ended up

Hmm not sure he’s that good. If he was on that level technically you could accept poorer physical attributes and you’d build the team around him with quicker or stronger players playing off his creativity and skill. I agree he’s not totally useless but to me looks like a lower La Liga player or even MLS like where Carles Gil who was a very similar case has ended up

No he is that good technically from what I've seen. Also he's unfortunately possibly one of the least physically gifted players ever in every department. No pace, no stamina, no strength. Carles Gil was Drogba like compared to Jota.

Apart from the ball through to Wesley against Everton I would love to know what other examples anyone can provide of his technical wizardry?. I clearly must be missing something.

The keepy uppy bloke who used to do the rounds at half time a few years back was technically good but we didn't see him turning out in the premier league.

Apart from the ball through to Wesley against Everton I would love to know what other examples anyone can provide of his technical wizardry?. I clearly must be missing something.

The keepy uppy bloke who used to do the rounds at half time a few years back was technically good but we didn't see him turning out in the premier league.

He played a great ball in to create a goal at Walsall as well :lol:

Thankfully they only gave him a two year deal and he's done one already.
This shows that had doubts about him