Your Favourite Alcoholic Drink? | Page 9 | Vital Football

Your Favourite Alcoholic Drink?

Just had a delivery of a 9 pint box of Bowland Gold, a guest ale from one of our local micro breweries. Apparently it's a "hoppy golden bitter", and has gone straight in the fridge. Look forward to starting it tomorrow tea time

Just had a delivery of a 9 pint box of Bowland Gold, a guest ale from one of our local micro breweries. Apparently it's a "hoppy golden bitter", and has gone straight in the fridge. Look forward to starting it tomorrow tea time

Should just about last an evening.

Last stray bottle of the wine order appeared today (enlightened wine merchant sends the pre-order bottles as they come in!) and I think I probably owe everyone an apology for the weather.

Hither buys decent Provencal rose, couple of bottles thereof. Weather promptly goes to hell in a handbasket the day they arrive. :sorry: still going to enjoy it though!

Well, I make it Cider O'Clock. Tonight it is Thatchers, then possibly Henry Westons Vintage again!

Memories of when I was a student in the late 1960s,we discovered Westons Vintage Herefordshire Perry in a champagne-type bottle for not much more than the price of a pint in London.

We had 19 of the bottles lined up on the pelmet above the window. We used the plastic corks and the bottles as a coconut shy.

It wasn't long before we had a pile of broken green glass on the carpet.

Started off with my last tin of Thatchers (4.8%), now on my second and final bottle of Aspall Premier Cru (6.8%).

What I have left is two bottles of something that is stronger, so I don't think I'll be having either of those tonight!

:lol:

I haven't bought any yet. All that remains in the fridge is Henry Westons Vintage and some White Wine...
Ah fair enough. Sounds like you're saving the best for last! I'm assuming the Henry Westons Vintage is good, anyhow. I'm not well up on my ciders, though I often used to have some nuclear-like scrumpies in Sheffield that tended to blow my head off/burn my throat out!

Bottle of red for the weekend a very nice French called Ventoux, nearest I’ll get to the tour this year. A Father’s Day gift apparently, although it came back with the weekly shop with Mrs German so in essence I paid for it, not sure how that works but happens every year !
I’ve learnt to nod my head, say thanks and enjoy !

Edit: I think the kids have had their pockets sown up ! But wouldn’t want it any other way, but allow me my odd Victor Meldrew moments, that’s what you do for your kids.

Last edited: